Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If this guy had a real problem, a real addiction like Heroin or some shit like that, then maybe.... MAYBE I could have an ounce of sympathy for him. But it's fucking weed man.

Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again - weed SHOULD be legal. But it isn't. And it's easy as hell not to smoke it. Like, there literally isn't any withdrawals or negative effects on the body in avoiding it. Caffeine is more addictive than weed. Hell, weed isn't even addictive.

This guy is just a fucking dumbass. Throwing away a six figure annually, potentially 7 year annually salary if he reached his potential, career for a recreational drug.

GFY Gregory. I hope you end up worse off than Charles Rogers FFS you useless human being.

Weed can be extremely addicting, especially for people with any depression or other mental disorders. I was hooked for years, self medicating. I couldn't stop. Now, I'm better living through chemistry. Yay pills.!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So, they are going to make us gameplan for both scenarios. Fucking bullshit that they have drug this out this long.

There's really only one scenario:

Giants and Seahawks win, Giants go to Dallas. Gregory suspended.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gregory suspended for a year

why weren't you ahead of this story Rynie?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
60406528d88d909bb80dfad995b6ffd2.jpg

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No. Weed is not at all addictive.

There are studies that prove this.

Ummm, BULLSHIT!!!

Go to ANY drug court in any district court and ask the people going through it what they started on... 99.9% say that they "just smoked a little weed"

Or better yet, do a ride along with a transportation division deputy at your local sheriffs office when they take a van to drop new guys or girls at the prisons diagnostic unit... ask any of the prisoners what started them off and 99.9% will say "just a little weed"

Tell the liberal professors that their studies don't mean shit... weed starts almost all of them off

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ummm, BULLSHIT!!!

Go to ANY drug court in any district court and ask the people going through it what they started on... 99.9% say that they "just smoked a little weed"

Or better yet, do a ride along with a transportation division deputy at your local sheriffs office when they take a van to drop new guys or girls at the prisons diagnostic unit... ask any of the prisoners what started them off and 99.9% will say "just a little weed"

Tell the liberal professors that their studies don't mean shit... weed starts almost all of them off

your argument supports the idea of it being a gateway drug but does nothing to prove its addictive (which I dont know, dont care for the stuff myself)

Reaction score
I think (hope) he was being sarcastic.

Re: Gregory... good. Fuck you you loser POS. You threw your career away on a stupid recreational drug. You deserve this.

Cut the cord and move on. Spend time money and resources on guys we can rely on.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think (hope) he was being sarcastic.

Re: Gregory... good. Fuck you you loser POS. You threw your career away on a stupid recreational drug. You deserve this.

Cut the cord and move on. Spend time money and resources on guys we can rely on.

That's what I said in the off season when his last suspension for this year was announced

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Another second round steal.

Jerry would be better off if he just skipped the 2nd round altogether. When its the Cowboys pick just pass.

Reaction score
Jerry needs to stop drafting guys like Randy Gregory. Was stupid to suit him up for a week or two knowing this was going down too. Give me reliable, hard nosed football players. Not uber talented jack offs with long history of issues.

Reaction score
We draft well overall, but we really struggle in the 2nd and fourth rounds consistently.

Coincidence or not.

Also I wonder what the next step with Gregory is, from our standpoint. Are we dumb enough to keep him around the next year?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We draft well overall, but we really struggle in the 2nd and fourth rounds consistently.

Coincidence or not.

Also I wonder what the next step with Gregory is, from our standpoint. Are we dumb enough to keep him around the next year?

Doesn't sound like jeri has any plans whatsoever to cut Gregory. In fact, I was listening to the radio this morning and he said the most recent suspension is still in dispute, jeris not happy about the rules re: pot and it sounds like he might actually try to throw his weight around to get things changed and Gregory back sooner than expected.

If true, then this will be one of the few times I have to gives kudos to jeri

perhaps someone else heard it as well and can paraphrase what was actually said

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry Jones on Randy Gregory ruling: 'We don't agree':

The Dallas Cowboys knew what was coming regarding Randy Gregory.

They knew, but they don't appreciate it one iota.

"We anticipated [the suspension of Randy Gregory]," said Jones, via 105.3FM the Fan on Friday morning. "We knew the circumstances.

"We don't agree with them but we do know the circumstances."

On Thursday, the NFL handed down a one-year ban on the second-year defensive end for what they deemed to be another violation of the league's substance abuse policy stemming from a drug test that was reportedly missed.

The Cowboys are an amazing 13-3 after a tremendous regular season! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys messenger!

Some sources speculate the test was to be administered at a time when Gregory was actually in a rehabilitation facility, having entered after the previous failed screening that landing him a total suspension of 14 games.

"He's genuine in his rehab process," said Jones in his press conference on Friday afternoon. "I do have reason to be encouraged about his future.

"I hope and expect Randy Gregory to be back on the field."

Jones would not go into specifics only to note the case is still "active" and has a myriad of "possible outcomes". The comments bring to mind the Supreme Court battle between the NFL and New England Patriots QB Tom Brady over the league's verdict stemming from deflated footballs in the 2014-15 AFC Playoff game.

"His options are still to be possibly exercised," Jones noted.

"This is a highly sensitive time for comments."

The 2015 second round draft pick went on to appeal this latest ruling and, despite reportedly splitting with his representation just days before, the NFL moved forward with both the hearing and the subsequent sanctions. Gregory is now banned from participating in both this postseason and the entirety of the 2017 regular season, as well as being present at the team facility.

Head coach Jason Garrett says the Cowboys haven't given up on him, though.

Gregory would need to apply for reinstatement after his one-year band and, if the Cowboys make the following postseason, he could miss those as well unless league commissioner Roger Goodell grants him eligibility expeditiously.

Something that has never been the calling card.

In reality, Gregory may not see the field until the 2018 season after playing just two games this year. By the time he's eligible to again take the field for the Cowboys, he will have played in only 14 out of a possible 48 regular season games since being drafted 60th overall.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I bet Jerry was as excited about that Gregory sack last game as he was about making the playoffs.

I don't know why he loves these reclamation projects so much, but he clearly does.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I bet Jerry was as excited about that Gregory sack last game as he was about making the playoffs.

I don't know why he loves these reclamation projects so much, but he clearly does.

Its as plain as the nose on your face, jeri is a wildcatter, he loves high risk/reward and drafting these guys scratches that itch

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But even beyond the football aspect, he gets some kind of kick out of thinking he's turning these guys' lives around.

Top Bottom