Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Wow. I'd never heard it worked like that.

And Rynie -- they'll probably start claiming he was no good anyway now that he won't be playing.

Of course they will. There is no objectivity over there at all. I doubt you can find a single poster objective enough to say Dez (foot injury or no foot injury)was in the bottom of the league last season. DEFINITELY NOT a top 10.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Stage Three

Stage Three, like the other two stages, involves complying with a treatment plan and submitting to unannounced drug tests. The consequences for violations during Stage Three are much more severe: The player faces a year-long ban from the NFL. If the first violation in Stage Three is for marijuana, the player receives a 10-game suspension instead of a year-long ban.

Interestingly, the NFL commissioner is in charge of reinstating players after their one-year bans.

Stage Three players can expect to stay at this level for the rest of their careers unless they are discharged at the discretion of the medical director.

What you need to know about the NFL's substance abuse policy - Behind the Steel Curtain

Not sure who to believe, but I have never seen them combine two suspensions before.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
The more and more I have read, Goodell does have the power to add 10 games to the 4 and make it 14. That has got to be something new that came out of the last CBA. I have never heard of that before.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The more and more I have read, Goodell does have the power to add 10 games to the 4 and make it 14. That has got to be something new that came out of the last CBA. I have never heard of that before.

Regarding the new CBA, it sounds like the players clicked the "I Accept" button without reading the terms of use. They agreed to a lot of dumb shit, but then again most NFL players are retarded outside of football.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everything I am seeing is 10 games total

Oh and now the Cowboys will be fined $250,000 for having the third drug suspension this season

Reaction score
Saw this morning the career leader in sacks on this roster is Scandrick at 9.5. Oh he's tied with McClain, but he's suspended too.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Saw this morning the career leader in sacks on this roster is Scandrick at 9.5. Oh he's tied with McClain, but he's suspended too.

lmao, it never ends with this team

Romo should have signed with Denver, he'd probably have 3 Super Bowls by now, he'll never win squat with the Cowboys noose around his neck.

Maybe a miracle will happen and the top 15 QBs will all get knocked out with season ending injuries then maybe he could pull the team across the finish line by himself

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Is this year 6 of the great build? The Process? Building a stacked roster? And the career leader on the roster only has 9.5 sacks?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have never seen the NFL add two suspensions together. If true, it's something new with this latest CBA.

If it for failing separate tests, I don't see what the surprise is about. That's the way its set up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Its based on the number of positive tests is it not? He failed whatever it was (3rd or 4th) to get to 4 game suspension. The next one is a 10 game suspension. The next one is a full season.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If it for failing separate tests, I don't see what the surprise is about. That's the way its set up.

It's not been that way in the past. Progressive discipline has always been the model. You didn't add one discipline to the other. You just progressed to the next stage.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Its based on the number of positive tests is it not? He failed whatever it was (3rd or 4th) to get to 4 game suspension. The next one is a 10 game suspension. The next one is a full season.

Correct. And (at least in years past) they don't compound, they just advance.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
10 games, 14 games..either way this team is going nowhere fast.

Unless Elliott and Romo can score at will... falling down at the 1-yard line, take two knees, and then punch it in...this defense is going to be a disaster. This team is going to fold under pressure because the leadership is a joke.

If Romo gets hurt this team will not win a game. The back-up QB and Garrett's complete inability to win without Romo is just as bad as this defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Romo gets hurt this team will not win a game. The back-up QB and Garrett's complete inability to win without Romo is just as bad as this defense.

Honestly its probably worse than the defense

Top Bottom