ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tony Romo can find the open receiver but he better be real open, or Tony is looking elsewhere. Romo can't thread it, doesn't have the arm, never did. He has no quick release, his escapability has kept him in the NFL. He's a glorified bus driver that can only be successful if he has a state of the art team built for him.
He's no Steve McGee, that's for sure.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Between Aikman and Romo....please! Consider the GM and the Coach at the time. Jerry Jones and Dave Campo couldn't evaluate a popcorn vendor.

Apparently, you can trash the Head Coach, question the productivity of the leading RB last season, and every single other quarterback not named Tony Romo, buy god forbid you should ever question the immortality of Tony Romo, that makes you a troll.

When Tony Romo retires is half the posters here going to be on a suicide watch?

This team is being built so no one player will ever be the difference between being a contender. That includes the QB .

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
JFC you're a god damned idiot Statman.

If only your mother could've died before you were conceived.

Apparently yours did.

Your opinion means nothing because you don't qualify it with any information, facts, data, etc. But then , any post beyond a few poorly constructed phrases would be way too ambitious.

What is it that you actually think you contribute here? Why should anyone care what you think? How much effort do you really think it takes to be a rude little punk?

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Gets more Hostil-esque by the post.

Actually that part is true, the Germans used to bomb the shipyards. My mom was 5 years old in 1943, she was the youngest of 4.

Okay so someone asked if my "opinion" on Romo was based on stats. It is based on specific facts.

Tony Romo was undrafted, he did not enter the field as a qb until his 4th year. He is a great story but he did not have the prototypical skill set and physical attributes generally looked for in the draft. If he did, then he would have been drafted.

Troy Aikman could hit Irvin between the numbers with two DB'a draped over him. He was not hesitant, he read the field, made a decision, and the ball was usually gone before D-linemen could shed the initial block.

Tony Romo requires more separation between his receivers and defenders, there no shame in that, Tony Romi has provably been the best Cowboy QB to maximize his ability and get the most out of what he has.

Unfortunately he's had a tendency in the past to try playing beyond his abilities and it has hurt him. lately he does a much better job of throwing the ball away and taking less risks. In the past it has really hurt him and the team..

The bottom line is that this team is being built for longevity. At some point there will be another quarterback but he's going to inherit a pretty nice situation, I think this time around they aren't going to mess around. Jason Garrett will do his due diligence and they will draft the right guy when the time is right.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hasn't it been a known fact for awhile now that Romo's release has been the quickest of any QB in history?

Well, since they started tracking it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay so someone asked if my "opinion" on Romo was based on stats. It is based on specific facts.

Stats dickhead.....stats. Show us the stats where Romo is an easily replaceable bus driver with a slow release. The stats should be the basis for your facts.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hasn't it been a known fact for awhile now that Romo's release has been the quickest of any QB in history?

Well, since they started tracking it.

You are talking about the speed of his arm motion in releasing the ball and I'm 100% skeptical. there was one reference to this on ESPN but, for the most part, his name is not mentioned regarding fast releases.

I'm talking about deciding where the ball is going and getting it out of there. He wouldn't have to run around and wear down his offensive line if he made his decision quickly and had the ability to deliver the ball in close quarters.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
L-O-Fucking-L

Of course I'm gonna go to this guy for my quarterback evals. He seems totally sane and logical.

He probably can tell you how good a guy is from still pictures and how he lollypops his throws.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
JFC you're a god damned idiot Statman.

If only your mother could've died before you were conceived.

This.

Statman is spending too much time with the stat sheet and not enough time watching the games.

Reaction score
What is it that you actually think you contribute here? Why should anyone care what you think? How much effort do you really think it takes to be a rude little punk?

1. I contribute non-dipshit idiotic posts.
2. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of my posts.
3. How much effort does it take you to be a moronic troll?
4. I bet your dead mother is shaking her head in disgust at you, even in hell.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He probably can tell you how good a guy is from still pictures and how he lollypops his throws.

I've watched 677 regular season Cowboy games and 55 playoff games that include 8 Super Bowls and 13 Conference championship games.

I've seen Cowboy quarterbacks that were 1st round picks like Craig Morton and Troy Aikman, guys that would have been 1st round picks like Roger Staubach, really good quarterbacks like Danny White and Tony Romo, unlikely heroes like Clint Longley, very capable former starters like Bernie Kosar, Steve Beuerlein that contributed, disappointments like Quincy Carter and Gary Hogeboom, all the way down to guys that never should have been there like Babe Laufenburg, Clint Stoerner, Steve Pelluer, and Kevin Sweeney.

You tend to get a feel for some of the things that are happening, not in a professional sense, just certain nuances. However, I ceretainly don't rely on that for my opinions.

I use some very reputable sources to get information, NFL Reference, Football Outsiders collect some very unique stats that are far more informative when it comes to what is really happening on the field. I told you, I am obsessive.

I know that the typical fan remembers perhaps three or four important plays of a game one month later, unless it is a playoff game or at least must win. And typical fans base their entire perception of what happened around those plays.

I never talk out of my ass, I do my homework. You can disagree in whatever style you wish, but give me that. I do my homework.

Reaction score
So much time studying yet still a fucking ******.

Hey do me a favor... Prop McGee again based on some obscure stats that clearly mean nothing then tear Tony Romo down despite basically owning every Cowboys passing record and who's right behind Aaron Rodgers in efficiency rating just because he wasn't drafted and sat on the bench his first three years. Mmmm'kay?

Top Bottom