boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Nfl rosters experience about 35% turnover every offseason.

What nfl team doesn't get "rebuilt" over a four year period?

None of them.

If you want to credit Garrett for how the turnover was managed, great. But you can't sit there and say with a straight face, he was kicking ass and taking names. Chip Kelly has gutted the Eagle roster even more. Is he is genius?

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
is statman really wrong though?

the team has been completely rebuilt, we got out from under some bad contracts, and its very much Jason's team now.

Garrett's real deal will be how he deals with Romo's departure. That is what makes a head coach survive.

Can they find a QB. No good coach with any success eventually got one.

Otherwise, Garrett is doomed to be Marvin Lewis. Big whoop.

Reaction score
and finding that QB is generally just luck

there is noone just cranking out qb prospects. matt cassel is the best thing beliechick has drafted/developed aside from brady and he is garbage. you have to get lucky and find that top guy because with rare exceptions unless you get him you are destined to be runners up at best.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I get that McGee wasnt good enough to make it in the NFL but, as a project, he was far from a bum.

In 2010 Kitna goes down late in game #15. The Cowboys are losing. McGee comes in for the first time and throws a come from behind TD with less than two minutes left in the game but Beuhler misses the extra point. They lose the game by one point. The following week he starts and lead the Cowboys to a come from behind victory late in the 4th quarter against the Eagles. They win by one point.

He gave it a good shot for a 5th round pick but the Cowboys wanted more experience at the backup position due to Romo's back, they signed Orton.

In 2012 the Cowboys started 5 o-linemen that had never played their position for the Cowboys.

Two seasons later they have three #1 draft picks on the line and Murray has his first completely healthy season. Now they are running the ball, go figure!

Reaction score
He gave it a good shot for a 5th round pick but the Cowboys wanted more experience at the backup position due to Romo's back, they signed Orton.

he was also a terrible, only can play half the field QB

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he was also a terrible, only can play half the field QB

Longhorn fans......geez, did he really traumatize you so much that you can't bare to give him some credit?

He won his first start! That's what quarterbacks are supposed to do, help their team win!

He was supposed to be a project but there he was, playing in his 2nd year. Tony Romo sat the bench for three years before he ever went out on the field and took a snap under center. They simply didn't have the time and space to develop him. Everybody knew he was raw. Everybody knew he got screwed at A&M when a new coach came in and decided he wanted a running quarterback, not a drop back passer.

I said I get that he wasn't good enough to make it but he was certainly worth a look, there were 1st round picks that didn't show as much as he did.

To use McGee as an example of how Jason Garrett can't evaluate quarterback talent is an injustice.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
By the way, how in the hell did this thread go from how I became a fan into a love/hate Jason trash McGee thread?

I think there are plenty of topics out there where you can condemn my opinions and views, I'm trying to bare my soul here and you ravenous wolves just can't wait to attack.....if I had any feelings at all, or gave half a shit I think I might be a little hurt.

Nah!

It's gonna be more fun just shoveling your words back in your faces when Jason Garrett starts lifting Lombardi's. Who knows, perhaps someday they will change the name of the Super Bowl trophy to a "Jason".

Yep, I see this team hoisting plenty of Jasons in the future. Got a nice ring, don't it?

Reaction score
Every thread could and should be a trash Stephen McGee thread. There is a reason he's selling insurance in Burnet, TX. He was awful. And I say this as an Aggie.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Because I think the Cowboys have a good coach, possibly a great one, you don't want to share my optimism as a fellow Cowboy fan? You don't even want to wish it were true but let me down gently?

Because I like my Dallas Cowboys Head Coach to the point where I think he might be great, I'm like Hitler?

You didn't get as far into my story as my first line?.....I'm from Scotland, a country that was at war with Germany, my grandparents would tell me how they had to run to bomb shelters with their children.......do you feel bad now?

Nah, just playing....just guys talking football.......but Hitler?.........you know, Stephen McGee is Jewish.......is that what this is all about, Herr Slamdance?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Because I think the Cowboys have a good coach, possibly a great one
We think you're either trolling us, making satire, or just not the brightest bulb in the marquee.

None of the members here agree on much of anything ever, but most all here agree Garrett is a loss.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Garrett's real deal will be how he deals with Romo's departure. That is what makes a head coach survive.

Can they find a QB. No good coach with any success eventually got one.

Otherwise, Garrett is doomed to be Marvin Lewis. Big whoop.

And we'll be stuck with him for the long haul. But even more disturbing is the fact that this incredible rebuild will all be for nothing.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And we'll be stuck with him for the long haul. But even more disturbing is the fact that this incredible rebuild will all be for nothing.

LOL, what a joke! And you guys think I'm a troll?

You guys act like Tony Romo is the second coming of Joe Montana. The guy was cultivated for three years. he was coddled, protected, and bottle fed by Bill Parcells. He's a smart, hard working innovative guy but he is not, nor has he ever been, a blue chip talent.

Tony Romo can find the open receiver but he better be real open, or Tony is looking elsewhere. Romo can't thread it, doesn't have the arm, never did. He has no quick release, his escapability has kept him in the NFL. He's a glorified bus driver that can only be successful if he has a state of the art team built for him.

Tony didn't play until Jerry Jones bought the best O-line he could find. He went above and beyond to find the best receivers, trading future draft picks, signing talented headaches like TO. They drafted RB's in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

From 2006 to 2010 no team had more O-linemen in the Pro Bowl than the Dallas Cowboys. There had been only one year in which he didn't have a thousand yard receiver and in 5 seasons he had 2.

In 2007 six of the eleven offensive starters made the Pro Bowl. They have been to the playoffs 4 times and what do they have to show for it?

Difficult to replace Tony Romo?....LOL.....they replaced him after he got hurt in 2011 when the Cowboys were 1-5 and they had a winning 2nd half of the season with Kitna.

I like Tony Romo but he is not difficult to replace, and Jason Garrett? Well, let's see.....as a former NFL quarterback and quarterback coach before becoming a coordinator and Head Coach.....I wouldn't be shocked of Jason already has his plans completely drawn up.

Yeah, yeah, I dared to question the ability of the sacred Tony Romo, man are you guys starving for some real accomplishments.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From 2006 to 2010 no team had more O-linemen in the Pro Bowl than the Dallas Cowboys.

Ah, the same OL (and team) that we kept hearing needed to be rebuilt as an excuse for Garrett not committing to the run and/or winning.

Hey Statman, one more thing; is your opinion Romo based on stats?

Reaction score
JFC you're a god damned idiot Statman.

If only your mother could've died before you were conceived.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like Tony Romo but he is not difficult to replace, and Jason Garrett? Well, let's see.....as a former NFL quarterback and quarterback coach before becoming a coordinator and Head Coach.....I wouldn't be shocked of Jason already has his plans completely drawn up.

One more thing. I bet if you ask any GM and ask them what's easier to find, a QB or a HC, 99% of them will say a HC. And since you're a stat guy and a franchise QB will be so easy to replace, why don't you give us the names and stats, including wins, of the QB's we started/played between Aikman and Romo.

Really man, you're a troll. Go fuck yourself.

Top Bottom