superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And, I have compassion. I also have a feeling for what is and isn't fair to the people that have made their living. They shouldn't have to give it away to those that fucked up or were put in fucked up situations by those long gone.

so if people dump shit in a river that they know is bad and they turn kids purple then they should just keep their hard earned money

Iamtdg

Reaction score
so if people dump shit in a river that they know is bad and they turn kids purple then they should just keep their hard earned money

Raise those old owners from the dead and make them pay. I'm all for that.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess until we develop powers of reanimation the corporate entity known as the NFL will have to handle it in these dead owners stead.

Reaction score
So am I supposed to be outed now or something and why should I care?

Yes, you're outed.

And you didn't even get the self-satisfaction of throwing a "I'm jiggyfly, ya dumbasses" out there.

Sucks for you. It's quite liberating.

Usually people who ask for others opinion on a topic don't immediately turn around and belittle them because they don't agree.

But hey my username is BigBoi so my opinion is automatically void. :Dunce

Cool story bro?

Reaction score

Perfect analogy. Because we know beyond a reasonable doubt that the NFL had access to these top secret documents that only their doctors had, that revealed the long-term threats that concussions might have. And we know that these dumb Dexter Manley's of the league were forced to play with no compensation, and no access to their own medical professionals.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Perfect analogy. Because we know beyond a reasonable doubt that the NFL had access to these top secret documents that only their doctors had, that revealed the long-term threats that concussions might have. And we know that these dumb Dexter Manley's of the league were forced to play with no compensation, and no access to their own medical professionals.

Dude, they should have just known, okay?

And, even if they didn't, too damn bad, someone should PAY. Because like they deserve it and stuff.

Reaction score
This would be a civil case, so the burden of proof is just preponderance of the evidence.

Does anyone here actually have any idea what the NFL knew and when they knew it?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
This would be a civil case, so the burden of proof is just preponderance of the evidence.

Does anyone here actually have any idea what the NFL knew and when they knew it?

Nope.

But, reasonable doubt shows that they couldn't know.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I've tried, but I don't know what that means.

The NFL back then could not have known the future of concussions and how they would affect someone's mentality or health. Hell, they just now started really understanding the possible effects, so how could they have known back then? Reasonable assumption.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I guess that's why we have the courts. They'll decide if the NFL bears responsibility here.

My question is why you're opposed to the issue even being brought up by people who are suffering.

Reaction score
The NFL back then could not have known the future of concussions and how they would affect someone's mentality or health. Hell, they just now started really understanding the possible effects, so how could they have known back then? Reasonable assumption.
The funny thing is the law operates on evidence, not assumptions.

Reaction score
It's on the level of the lady that sued McDonalds for the coffee being too hot.

That's actually a decent analogy. And a jury decided to award that woman $2.8 million.

Of course, I doubt more than a couple of people here know many of the facts about that lawsuit.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
That's actually a decent analogy. And a jury decided to award that woman $2.8 million.

Of course, I doubt more than a couple of people here know many of the facts about that lawsuit.

Just as retarded as suing the NFL for 30 year old injuries.

Reaction score
Cool, is there evidence to the contrary?
I don't know... that's why I asked...

peplaw06 said:

http://www.dallascowboysuniverse.com/showthread.php?10158-Former-players-trying-to-sue-the-NFL-can-go-F-themselves&p=163054&viewfull=1#post163054

See, I'm sort of hesitant to form an opinion based on assumptions of what someone "could" have known, or what they "could not" have known. I mean, you can form an opinion I guess, but until you know the facts it's not an intelligent one. It's not particularly compelling to me when people shout their uninformed opinions based on mere speculation.

Just as retarded as suing the NFL for 30 year old injuries.

I guess reasonable doubt shows that the jury couldn't have thought that she deserved $2.8 million...? :confused

Top Bottom