Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know what the Giants did and I don't feel like looking it up. Anyone know?

Edit: I see what happened. I would be mad too. This is really bad PR for the Giants.

Last edited:

sbk92

Reaction score
LeSean McCoy responded to this on twitter calling Osi overrated, soft and the 3rd best DL on the team.

Should make for a couple interesting games this year.

C

Cr122

Well, thank God Martellus Bennett hasn't weighed in on Twitter about it.

sbk92

Reaction score
Osi Umenyiora trades barbs with Eagle

Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPNNewYork.com

The rivalry between the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles has managed to grow during the lockout as Osi Umenyiora and LeSean McCoy trade verbal barbs.

Umenyiora referred to the Eagles running back as "Lady Gaga" and "she" one day after McCoy tweeted that the Giants defensive end is "soft" and "overrated" and the third best defensive lineman on the Giants.

"I refer to him as she because that is something that a woman would do," Umenyiora told ESPNNewYork.com by telephone on Friday. "You can sit over there and be a Twitter gangster all you want to but on the football field is where you are supposed to address these types of things."

Umenyiora certainly did not have his poker face on when talking about why he refers to McCoy as "Lady Gaga."

"I have always referred to him as that because he is a woman," Umenyiora explained. "We have a lot of animosity toward each other personally and on the football field is where I thought it was left. But he has decided to take it off the football field and say some things that I just have no respect for."

"Whenever a guy like an Andy Reid or a Michael Vick or a Jason Peters, whenever they come out and say some things like that, that might hurt me," Umenyiora added. "But a guy like LeSean McCoy, he's a nobody. He just needs to be quiet."

The Eagles swept the Giants last year in two very hard-fought divisional games. The NFC East rivalry only figures to get spicier with help from Umenyiora and McCoy.

Reaction score
Giants’ Steve Smith: Eagles’ trophy case is empty

Giants’ Steve Smith: Eagles’ trophy case is empty

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 21, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT

Giants receiver Steve Smith is passing the time during the lockout by having fun with Photoshop.

After Smith’s teammate Osi Umenyiora got into a war of words with LeSean McCoy of the Eagles, Smith decided he wanted in on the fun. And he did it by posting a picture on his YFrog account showing himself, Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin celebrating the Giants’ Super Bowl XLII victory, and placing within that photo a photo of an empty Eagles trophy case.

In other words, Smith wants to remind everyone that the Giants have won a Vince Lombardi Trophy (actually three of them) and the Eagles haven’t.

NFL Network had a lengthy discussion of Smith’s statement, and Smith also posted a video on Facebook in which he discussed his general philosophy toward how people react to his comments.

“People aren’t going to like everything you say, you’re going to have a lot of guys that hate, and there’s going to be a lot of people that like what you say,” Smith says in the video.

In this case, Eagles fans are going to hate what Smith said. Giants fans will love i

Reaction score
Here's what Steve Smith posted......

scaled.php

Reaction score
I've grown to detest the Giants the past 5+ years, moreso than the Redskins and Eagles. And I used to be almost indifferent on the G-Men.

I'd love it if that team was ravaged by free agency, and then ended with a miserable 5-11 season or two.

Won't happen any time soon. Too good a GM, and too well coached.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think they're deep enough that they really only HAVE to keep Bradshaw and Smith, and they probably will. If someone throws enough money at Boss, he'll bolt, and the rest they can probably live without.

Reaction score
I think they're deep enough that they really only HAVE to keep Bradshaw and Smith, and they probably will. If someone throws enough money at Boss, he'll bolt, and the rest they can probably live without.

I think Cofield will be a bigger loss than people realize. He is the lunch box guy on that line, and a leader.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've grown to detest the Giants the past 5+ years, moreso than the Redskins and Eagles. And I used to be almost indifferent on the G-Men.

I'd love it if that team was ravaged by free agency, and then ended with a miserable 5-11 season or two.

Won't happen any time soon. Too good a GM, and too well coached.

Coughlin is on the hotseat. I can imagine Rob Ryan eventually being the coach of the Giants.

Reaction score
Mara on Umenyiora-Reese rift: They must 'work this thing out'

NFL.com

New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora and general manager Jerry Reese haven't seen eye to eye lately. Team owner John Mara believes that must change for player and team to move on together.

It's a message Mara delivered last week when he saw Umenyiora during labor negotiations between NFL owners and players in New York.

"I told him that when this (lockout) is over, he's got to sit down with Jerry man to man and work this thing out," Mara told Newsday at Friday's meeting of league owners and executives in Atlanta. "He's got to do that."

Umenyiora claimed in a deposition, taken as part of the players' antitrust lawsuit against the league, that Reese promised in 2008 to either trade him or pay him among the top five defensive ends in the game if he still was playing at a high level in two seasons, sources who have seen the affidavit told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora last month.

Umenyiora spent 2008 on injured reserve with a knee ailment, and he became a situational player in 2009 while clashing with the coaching staff. Then he rebounded last season to set an NFL record with 10 forced fumbles and record a team-high-tying 11.5 sacks, leading him to claim Reese had failed to make good on his word.

Umenyiora has two years remaining on a contract that will pay him base salaries of $3.125 million and $3.975 million, but he has said he'll only return to New York on a new deal, not the one he signed in 2005.

Reese declined to comment on the situation Friday, Newsday reported.

As one of the plaintiffs in the case known as Brady et al v. National Football League et al, Umenyiora provided the statements to NFL Players Association lawyers to show the kind of "irreparable" harm being done to players by the lockout. Umenyiora also has attended labor talks, and Mara used the opportunity to speak with his star pass rusher.

"I talked to him last week," Mara said, "and told him we wanted him back."

Since being selected in the second round of the 2003 NFL Draft, Umenyiora has been a standout player known for stretches of dominance. A two-time Pro Bowl selection, Umenyiora has amassed 60 career sacks.

Reaction score
Giants give Osi permission to seek a trade

SoftliSTL Tony Softli by notguilty_
ESPN NFL - Giants give DE Osi Umenyiora permission to work out a trade, league source told Sal Paolantonio
------------

While he's a bit one-dimensional, and overrated... it's always good to see a pass rusher leave a divisional opponent.

Reaction score
Report: Five teams interested in Osi Umenyiora

8/2/2011 8:53:17 AM | More

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that according to several league sources familiar with Osi Umenyiora’s situation - though none directly involved in trade talks - there are five teams that have expressed some level of interest in trading for the disgruntled defensive end, either to the Giants or to Umenyiora’s agent, Tony Agnone. So far none of the teams are willing to part with the first-round pick the Giants desire.

The five teams that have expressed an interest are the St. Louis Rams, the San Diego Chargers, the Seattle Seahawks, the Denver Broncos and the Baltimore Ravens. It is not known which of the teams are the most interested, though a league source suggested the Ravens were unlikely and a source in Seattle said it was doubtful the Seahawks would be willing to give up a high pick and pay Umenyiora what he wants, too.

A few sources believe the team to watch in this is the Rams, where the obvious tie is their coach - former Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. He knows what Umenyiora can do and how to use him, he knows Umenyiora will gladly play for him, and the Rams reportedly have plenty of cap room to spend

Top Bottom