Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Giants lost two corners already...

NotoriousOHM Ohm Youngmisuk
by DCFanaticsBlog
Giants lost CB Bruce Johnson on Thurs with Achilles injury for season. Now Prince out and will have screw placed in foot.

NotoriousOHM Ohm Youngmisuk
by DCFanaticsBlog
Giants announce CB Amukamara has a fracture of 5th metatarsal bone in left foot. surgery needed, sidelined for an undetermined period. #nyg

Mr.Po

Reaction score
im betting 6-8 weeks

That's about it...

Generally takes about 6 wks for a fracture to heal barring any setbacks. Plus he is going to need a few weeks to get acclimated to full weight bearing and impact activity again.

Reaction score
Oh yeah... couple the lock out and this injury, and Prince wont make much of an impact at all this year.

Nice.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
That Tyron pick looking miles and miles ahead of the curve!! Hell the Campbell pick is too now and we may not see him on the field before November.

Reaction score
I was watching NFL Replay (tivo) and a stat popped on the screen that the Giants had won something like 5 of the last 7 meetings against the Cowboys.

They've certainly had our number.

Anyone think that changes with Garrett?

Gilbride (their OC) had a history against Wade Phillips. Always seemed to get the better of him.

It'd be nice if we could end their dominance against us.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
to be fair, one of those games is the 08 brad johnson game and another is last years romo injury game.

C

Cr122

I was watching NFL Replay (tivo) and a stat popped on the screen that the Giants had won something like 5 of the last 7 meetings against the Cowboys.

Gilbride (their OC) had a history against Wade Phillips. Always seemed to get the better of him.

I believe the luck changes. Garrett proved that we can go on the road and win against our arch rivals.

We won both games against Philly and New York.

Cythim

Reaction score

That is a cute number, the reached into the 2007 playoffs but didn't include the two wins from the 2007 regular season. They won 5 of the last 9 meetings. We split the regular season 4-4 over the last four seasons.

Funny how numbers can change when you aren't fully inclusive.

Reaction score
Giants will examine Steve Smith's knee today

Free agent wide receiver Steve Smith visited the Giants’ training facility Monday.

Zach Berman of the Newark Star-Ledger reports Smith will be examined by team doctors in New York on today, according to someone familiar with the situation who cannot speak publicly because of the ongoing negotiations. It’s not known whether he will return to the team facility Tuesday.

Smith underwent microfracture surgery in December, and it’s unclear what his time frame is for returning to the field.

“We’re going to see where he is in the process,” Smith’s agent, Ben Dogra, said by phone on Sunday. “The good news is we have time. If Steve goes back to the Giants, he knows the playbook, so there wouldn’t be any issues there.”

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Free agent wide receiver Steve Smith visited the Giants’ training facility Monday.

Zach Berman of the Newark Star-Ledger reports Smith will be examined by team doctors in New York on today, according to someone familiar with the situation who cannot speak publicly because of the ongoing negotiations. It’s not known whether he will return to the team facility Tuesday.

Smith underwent microfracture surgery in December, and it’s unclear what his time frame is for returning to the field.

“We’re going to see where he is in the process,” Smith’s agent, Ben Dogra, said by phone on Sunday. “The good news is we have time. If Steve goes back to the Giants, he knows the playbook, so there wouldn’t be any issues there.”

Is this the Steve Smith from Carolina? So they will have two Steve Smiths. Well we had two Roy Williams at the same time---glad to see both of them gone.

Reaction score
Losing Steve Smith to Eagles Is Another Blow for Giants

Does it seem as if the Eagles have never stopped distancing themselves from the Giants since Matt Dodge punted the ball at DeSean Jackson instead of out of bounds?

Steve Smith, a Giant stalwart and an Eli Manning security blanket, is the latest talented free agent to join the Eagles after he rejected a lesser offer from the Giants. Smith, who is still recovering from knee surgery and may miss most of the first half of the season, said on his Facebook page:

I will always cherish my time in NY and the super bowl victory.. This was obviously not an easy decision for me or something i ever expected but unfortunately the business aspect proved that the eagles wanted me to be part of their organization MUCH more than the Giants did.. A special thanks to my WR buddies, coach Gilbride, all of u amazing fans on here, and the entire giants organization for drafting me.. Time for a new beginning…

It may be a case of dueling doctors.

Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:

What seems apparent here is that the Eagles’ physicians must think that Smith is farther along in his recovery than the Giants’ physicians.

Extra point: Smith, a second-round pick in 2007, has been a great value for the Giants. He helped them win a Super Bowl. For Giants fans, this is turning into something of a traumatic month. How could General Manager Jerry Reese let Smith go to a division rival that seems loaded with promise? Set aside talent for a moment. Is it a concern that the Giants are losing such well-respected guys — Shaun O’Hara, Rich Seubert, Kevin Boss, Smith — in the locker room?

C

Cr122

Damn, the Giants are losing their receiving core.

Boss was a main target of Eli, especially on third downs.

Steve Smith was another one of his go to targets. I mean they still have Hicks, Manningham and Hixon, but the continuity with the other receivers is gone. It'll be tougher for Eli this year. Not to mention the Giants offensive line is torn apart.

Top Bottom