sbk92

Reaction score
BTW.. this is an NFL writer here saying that D Jag isn't even a true number 1 starter, let alone the best WR in the division. Show some respect for your superior.

I respect that opinion. Because I know it's geniune. He's not talking out of fandom.

But I don't agree with it. And neither did the 10 or so writers polled by ESPN.

When you're the guy defensive coordinators are staying up late for to figure out ways to contain you, you're a #1 WR in this league.

Reaction score
I respect that opinion. Because I know it's geniune. He's not talking out of fandom.

But I don't agree with it. And neither did the 10 or so writers polled by ESPN.

When you're the guy defensive coordinators are staying up late for to figure out ways to contain you, you're a #1 WR in this league.

Im sure he appriciates your respect.. but again.. this assessment is right on.

sbk92

Reaction score
Im sure he appriciates your respect.. but again.. this assessment is right on.

To me and a 10 panel group of NFL writers, it's wrong.

I'm sure you can find opinions across the board on this. The majority will agree with me. In 2009 and 2010, DeSean Jackson has been the best WR in the division.

I don't like it any more than you do. I can just admit it. I won't play the fool like you're doing. Talking nonsense to avoid giving props to a great rival.

Reaction score
To me and a 10 panel group of NFL writers, it's wrong.

I'm sure you can find opinions across the board on this. The majority will agree with me. In 2009 and 2010, DeSean Jackson has been the best WR in the division.

I don't like it any more than you do. I can just admit it. I won't play the fool like you're doing. Talking nonsense to avoid giving props to a great rival.

Actually im the only one who's provided facts and stats to prove my point in this little "debate" here. It is nonsense because you have nothing to back up you're stance except "i think people would agree with me, and this small group of writers said so, and the Eagles team would agree with me, and most fans would agree, etc, etc.."

Basically that's you in a nutshell.. lots of talk, little substance.

D Jag caught 45 balls last year, and he's inconsistent, and he only runs one or two routes. Much easier to defend that his counterpart who can run the full compliment of routes and can go over the middle and make tough catches when he has to, but also has the speed to burn. That's why Maclin was more productive and why Jackson will never be a complete receiver.

Moving on..

Reaction score
Giants wideout Steve Smith running in pool, rehab on track

Giants wideout Steve Smith running in pool, rehab on track

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 28, 2011, 6:12 PM EDT

While Carolina’s Steve Smith gets brought up in trade rumors, New York’s Steve Smith continues to rehabilitate after microfracture surgery on his knee. Smith told ESPN Radio’s Ruocco and Lundberg that he’s now running in a pool and working on building his strength.

Smith could be a restricted free agent if 2010 rules are brought back. Otherwise, he’ll be a tricky player for the Giants to re-sign. We think making a deal makes sense for the Giants , and Smith sounds confident it will happen.

“It is a little bit of uncertainty but I am confident, the Giants want me there and I want to be there,” Smith said via ESPNNewYork.com.

Smith is the rare player that might not be much worse off as an RFA. He could get his knee right in a comfortable situation, and perhaps build up his free agent value with a strong close to the season.

A Pro Bowler after gaining 1,220 yards in 2009, Smith would be possibly returning to a crowded receiver group in New York with Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and third-round pick Jerrel Jernigan.

Reaction score
Umenyiora to file affidavit about broken promises, may still want out of New York

This had been a quiet offseason for Osi Umenyiora, for once. That’s about to change.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Umenyiora will file a sworn affidavit next month as part of the the players’ antitrust lawsuit against the NFL.

Schefter also says the Giants face a “critical decision” regarding Umenyiora, who has two years left on his deal and has moved out of his New Jersey home with plans to live in Atlanta. Umenyiora is “no longer confident” he’ll get a contract extension in New York.

We’re not sure the Giants face much of a decision. Umenyiora is under contract for two more years at relatively low prices. They’ll likely keep him and he doesn’t have much of a choice in the matter.

Of course, Umeyniora’s statements could further strain the relationship between the two sides. Here is a portion of the affadivit, relating a meeting between Umenyiora and G.M. Jerry Reese.

“After about an hour of discussing my current contract, as well as the contracts of other defensive ends currently playing in the National Football League, Mr. Reese told me that two years from the start of the 2008 league year, if I was currently playing at a high level, we’d either renegotiate my current contract so that it would be equal to that of the top five defensive ends playing or I would be traded to a team that would do that,” Umenyiora said.

“Before leaving the meeting, I asked Mr. Reese twice if he was absolutely sure that would be the case. He then told me that he was an honest and church-going man and that he would not lie, which I believed to the be the case. Under the penalty of perjury these statements are true and accurate.”

The NFLPA* likely chose Umenyiora as one of the ten plaintiffs in their antitrust case just for this testimony, in order to show the players have suffered “irreparable harm.”

Our question: Why is this coming out now?

Is Umenyiora trying to signal interested trade partners that he wants out? Or is it being used to further the player’s antitrust case?

No matter the reason, the timing is odd considering the tenuous progress and trust being built at the moment between the NFL and NFLPA*. at the moment.

Reaction score
Without taking the time to look at stats, hasn't Umenyiora's play been relatively quiet the past couple of years?

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Without taking the time to look at stats, hasn't Umenyiora's play been relatively quiet the past couple of years?
Osi Umenyiora 15 48 33 15 11.5 0.0 1 0

Pretty productive last season as far as sacks with 11.5....

C

Cr122

I'd like the idea of him leaving the Giants. Bring him here.

I'd love to see Manning get slammed to the turf by Umenyiora wearing the star.

Reaction score
Osi Umenyiora 15 48 33 15 11.5 0.0 1 0

Pretty productive last season as far as sacks with 11.5....

Wow. I didn't realize he put up those kinds of numbers.

Disregard my comment. Maybe I had him mixed up with Kiawanuka (sp?).

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One of demarcus ware's closest friends.

He would look pretty good lining up all over the field for rob ryan but there is no way we could pay a guy his age the kind of money he would want when spencer will need a deal soon.

Reaction score
One of demarcus ware's closest friends.

He would look pretty good lining up all over the field for rob ryan but there is no way we could pay a guy his age the kind of money he would want when spencer will need a deal soon.

Spencer hasn't really done anything to warrant a new deal.

If Umenyora wanted to come here, I'd be interested.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'd love to have him. But I hate the attitude. Like he's entitled to something.

Top Bottom