LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is based off of Cowboys visits/private workouts.

1. CB Marcus Peters
2. LB Bernardrick McKinney.
3. RB T.J. Yeldon
4. WR Chris Conley
5. DE Frank Clark
7. FS Chris Hackett
7.OT Laurence Gibson

Reaction score
I almost went with Clark. Seems like a good fit with the right kind of anger management guys that the team is becoming.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know, man. His arm isn't very good. I think he truly might be the epitome of "product of the system".

Almost everything I've read says he has one of the top throwing arms in this draft

I saw him play a few times too, and he definitely didn't seem to struggle with arm strength

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Almost everything I've read says he has one of the top throwing arms in this draft

I saw him play a few times too, and he definitely didn't seem to struggle with arm strength

The strength isn't what I'm referring to. It's the accuracy. Plus, he is terrible at moving through progressions if he is forced to, which he will be in the NFL unlike at Baylor where most of their plays are 1 to 2 read plays. Quick out of his hand. He won't have that luxury in the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The strength isn't what I'm referring to. It's the accuracy. Plus, he is terrible at moving through progressions if he is forced to, which he will be in the NFL unlike at Baylor where most of their plays are 1 to 2 read plays. Quick out of his hand. He won't have that luxury in the NFL.

I don't know that he's had to move through any progressions. None of the QB's that play in those systems do.

The question is can he learn that. If you think he can, he has a lot of other positives to work with.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't know that he's had to move through any progressions. None of the QB's that play in those systems do.

The question is can he learn that. If you think he can, he has a lot of other positives to work with.

Exactly, and a first round pick on a "maybe he can learn that" is silly, IMO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly, and a first round pick on a "maybe he can learn that" is silly, IMO.

That's why they work these guys out, interview them and see what kind of mental make up they have.

Mariotta comes from that similar style offense, somebody is probably picking him 2nd overall tonight.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
That's why they work these guys out, interview them and see what kind of mental make up they have.

Mariotta comes from that similar style offense, somebody is probably picking him 2nd overall tonight.

If you are even insinuating Petty is even close to the level of Mariota, you are dumb.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
we'll see Dooms...plenty of picks left
Not early ones. If they pick one in the 3rd or 4th or later it doesn't fit your meter.

They believe they can stand pat because one, they don't plan on running the ball nearly as much and two, they've bought into the hype that granny Matilda can run behind this "elite" O-Line.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1. CB/FS Byron Jones
2. LB Bernardrick McKinney.
3. RB T.J. Yeldon
4. WR Chris Conley
5. DE Frank Clark
7. FS Chris Hackett
7.OT La-El Collins --- if he is still available.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Drafting a RB 'not urgent' for Cowboys - NFL.com

"It's not urgent. It's not urgent in the draft," he said. "We don't have that as a must to come out of here with a running back. But my opinion is we could play with the running backs we've got right now and play well." -- Jerruh.

What I was telling you.

After the Gurley pick, Zac Stacy is requesting a trade, and the Rams supposedly are shopping him. He'd be better than any current RB on our roster.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
After the Gurley pick, Zac Stacy is requesting a trade, and the Rams supposedly are shopping him. He'd be better than any current RB on our roster.
Jerruh thinks he gots what he needs in that department.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think I'd want to see what we can do in the draft first. There's just too many guys available better than him in this draft.

Curious to see if anything becomes of this Michael Brockers trade talk though.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Not early ones. If they pick one in the 3rd or 4th or later it doesn't fit your meter.

They believe they can stand pat because one, they don't plan on running the ball nearly as much and two, they've bought into the hype that granny Matilda can run behind this "elite" O-Line.

If that is the case, 8-8 is a real possibility.

Top Bottom