LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes but Landon Collins is Sean Taylor reincarnated. If you remember, Taylor later became a free safety because of the range he possessed so lets not rule out that option. Regardless, Collins can cover better than any of the bozos we have at safety.

Finally, when Heath leads my secondary with interceptions in Madden, something is wrong. My win/loss record desperately needs a playmaker aka Donte Whitner at the back end.

Sean Taylor was vastly overrated.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mike Mayock is predicting Landon Collins.

I would love that. Tired of playing Madden and everyone torching my safeties.

Kid has cover skills, ball skills and a hitter. Go get em Jerry!

Hard for me to predict players because so many of them id love to see with the Cowboys. There is a reason they are drafted in the 1st round.

Collins hasn't even been in for a visit nor had a private workout for the Cowboys. Doubtful we select him.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I think Petty's a way better prospect than McGee.

You don't draft QB's who get benched their senior years. We took that clown in the 4th.

I don't know, man. His arm isn't very good. I think he truly might be the epitome of "product of the system".

Reaction score
1. DT Carl Davis - Crawford and Davis would be solid in the middle.
2. RB Jay Ajayi - All purpose back. Very fast feet. Can pass block and use space well.
3. DE Danielle Hunter: Freakishly talented DE. Marinelli will make him better than college.
4. CB Jalen D'Joun Smith- Fast CB. Scandrick part II?
5. WR/PR : Mario Alford - Replacement for Dwayne Harris. Has two gears: 4.43/40 and then once he accelerates he goes to 4.28/40.
7. FS Durell Eskridge - solid FS faster than Church and smarter than Wilcox.
7. RB/KR: Corey Grant - pure speed. - There's a Youtube video of him running 40 yards in a game with full pads: 4.06. The Sproles paradigm.

Reaction score
Just talking about middle. Not ends. Left to right having Lawrence, Crawford, Davis then Hunter would be a potent crew for Marinelli. Improbable but part of prediction relies on reasonable hope. Right?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2. RB Jay Ajayi - All purpose back. Very fast feet. Can pass block and use space well.
3. DE Danielle Hunter: Freakishly talented DE. Marinelli will make him better than college.
5. WR/PR : Mario Alford - Replacement for Dwayne Harris. Has two gears: 4.43/40 and then once he accelerates he goes to 4.28/40.
7. RB/KR: Corey Grant - pure speed. - There's a Youtube video of him running 40 yards in a game with full pads: 4.06. The Sproles paradigm.

I don't hate any player specifically but for some reason do not like your overall draft. Don't feel like we're a significantly better team.

Davis takes too many plays off for me. Haynseworth vibe from him.
Ajayi's knee is a concern and I also think he's as good as he's going to get,
Hunter has potential but LSU rotates their d-lineman so much I never get a good read on them.
Smith is probably going to go higher than that.
Alford is too small.
Eskridge is a JAG safety IMO.
Don't know anything about Grant.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
???

Gruden and Saints disagree...

Teams reach on QBs every year. Especially in years where the QB class is terrible like this year. Normally because they are desperate. I think anything before the 3rd for him is a reach, and he may go in the first.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just talking about middle. Not ends. Left to right having Lawrence, Crawford, Davis then Hunter would be a potent crew for Marinelli. Improbable but part of prediction relies on reasonable hope. Right?
I thought DLaw played the middle. Was last time I watched him, both against Detroit then GB. But yeah I agree with you we need to shore up the DL.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

I could be wrong, but I don't think we can get Ajayi where we sit in the second. Maybe the knee concern makes him slide, but I don't see it.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

Crawford is a DE. Did he play inside last year?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Crawford is a DE. Did he play inside last year?
I think they switch them around some. DLaw is listed as a DE but I know for sure he has played alot inside, particularly in that Detroit game.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I think they switch them around some. DLaw is listed as a DE but I know for sure he has played alot inside, particularly in that Detroit game.

I must not have been paying that close attention to where he lined up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I must not have been paying that close attention to where he lined up.
I might be wrong, but when he made the sack/fumble to end that game he was lined up at DT on the weak side.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but when he made the sack/fumble to end that game he was lined up at DT on the weak side.

Yeah, I don't ever remember DLaw lining up inside. I paid pretty close attention to him when he was in the game. Now, Crawford may have and I didn't notice.

Top Bottom