Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think I'd want to see what we can do in the draft first. There's just too many guys available better than him in this draft.

Curious to see if anything becomes of this Michael Brockers trade talk though.

Speaking of Brockers. I know this has been beaten to death, but with the addition of Byron Jones; we field a pretty strong defensive nucleus if we stayed true to our board and selected him and Wagner instead of trading up for Claibust.

That sucks that we have to trade for Brockers. Although we might be able to get him cheaper than spending a 1st in the 2012 draft on him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerruh thinks he gots what he needs in that department.

That's Jerry being Jerry. They would not have brought all those RBs in for a visit if they had no intention of taking any of them. If either Gurley or Gordon was at #27, they would have the Star on them and not Byron Jones.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Almost everything I've read says he has one of the top throwing arms in this draft

I saw him play a few times too, and he definitely didn't seem to struggle with arm strength

The strength isn't what I'm referring to. It's the accuracy. Plus, he is terrible at moving through progressions if he is forced to, which he will be in the NFL unlike at Baylor where most of their plays are 1 to 2 read plays. Quick out of his hand. He won't have that luxury in the NFL.

Petty reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers faced plenty of doubters of his own because he was a Jeff Tedord QB. So be wary of judging QBs who come from systems.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Local sports radio at lunch... Cardinal insiders all think they won't pass on TJ Yeldon.

Reaction score
Petty reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers faced plenty of doubters of his own because he was a Jeff Tedord QB. So be wary of judging QBs who come from systems.

Petty reminds me more of a right handed Marc Brunell. Kind of scrappy and mobile with a strong arm and competitive spunk.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's Jerry being Jerry. They would not have brought all those RBs in for a visit if they had no intention of taking any of them. If either Gurley or Gordon was at #27, they would have the Star on them and not Byron Jones.
Hope springs eternal.
If that is the case, 8-8 is a real possibility.
It is anyway.

Top Bottom