Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope not. I like the #4. I seem to remember that he chose #4 to honor his mom in some kind of way.

He did, I just can't remember the specifics as to why.

He won't change #4. Especially not after the start he's had. He won't want to change a thing

Reaction score
I hope Dak works out but JFC I kind of hope he goes 3-21 for 29 yards and 9 interceptions week one just so some of you will get off his dick a little.

Shit.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He did, I just can't remember the specifics as to why.

He won't change #4. Especially not after the start he's had. He won't want to change a thing

I think his Mom's bday is on the 4th of not-sure-which-month.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hope Dak works out but JFC I kind of hope he goes 3-21 for 29 yards and 9 interceptions week one just so some of you will get off his dick a little.

Shit.
:lol

The hype train is definitely in overdrive. It's sort of disrespectful to Romo -- sorry you got hurt Tony but it's Dak's time now!!!

If Kellen Moore were getting ready to flop against the Giants like easily could have happened, Tony would be getting a lot more respect.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol

The hype train is definitely in overdrive. It's sort of disrespectful to Romo -- sorry you got hurt Tony but it's Dak's time now!!!

If Kellen Moore were getting ready to flop against the Giants like easily could have happened, Tony would be getting a lot more respect.

I don't think anyone has been shoving Romo out the door or disrespecting him, who were you referring to?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't mean here so much as other places around the web. Even the attitudes of most of the media have been exactly that.

I mean, to some degree I understand that with as good as Dak has looked. But it's still preseason, and this team still has a horrible record minus Romo the last half decade. Like Mid said, brakes do need to be pumped a little.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I believe this guy will be Dak's backup this year. He'll be a Cowboy by the end of the week.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
8/30/16, 8:29 AM
One note from this morning on @gmfb: The #KCChiefs have made teams aware that QB Aaron Murray is available via trade. A low-cost option.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't mean here so much as other places around the web. Even the attitudes of most of the media have been exactly that.

I've seen some media doing it, but I thought you meant people in the organization. I don't think anyone in the organization is doing it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe this guy will be Dak's backup this year. He'll be a Cowboy by the end of the week.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
8/30/16, 8:29 AM
One note from this morning on @gmfb: The #KCChiefs have made teams aware that QB Aaron Murray is available via trade. A low-cost option.

I'm too busy to look now, but has Murray even played in a game himself?

I'd rather have him than Showers but I'm not sure he's a sure thing as a backup either.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They announced that Dak is not playing Thursday. Get ready for three hours of Showers. :-(

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They announced that Dak is not playing Thursday. Get ready for three hours of Showers. :-(

If Dak plays you have to play the rest of the starters too I think. I don't think its worth the injury risk to him or any of the others, even though getting him more reps would be a good thing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm too busy to look now, but has Murray even played in a game himself?

I'd rather have him than Showers but I'm not sure he's a sure thing as a backup either.

He hasn't played in any meaningful games. He will come really cheap though and does have some skill. He's also been in the league for 2 years though. I really think they are looking for a youngish backup QB.

Zach Mettenburger got released today and according to the report on Bleacher Report they were in talks with the Cowboys for a trade but Dallas wasn't willing to give up much if anything for him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dallas wasn't willing to give up much if anything for him.

thats encouraging, hope they keep this up. Seems there was a time you could count on jeri getting raped on every trade he did, something has changed in this regard in my estimation

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
thats encouraging, hope they keep this up. Seems there was a time you could count on jeri getting raped on every trade he did, something has changed in this regard in my estimation

I'm wondering if it's Stephen that hesitant to give up any picks for these guys. If so then good job. There is also this trade rumor. Cowboys maybe attempting to drive up the price for DMC.

NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate)
8/30/16, 1:20 PM
Multiple teams around the league have contacted the Cowboys about trading for Darren McFadden. Dallas not interested as of now.

Reaction score
I'm with you, but at the same time I think they want to get it on film and make teams really honor the possibility that he MIGHT pull it down and take off going forward. If DE's or OLB's stay home on the edge to defend against Prescott potentially taking off, it makes some of those creases for Elliott or Morris that much bigger.
If there are only fakes in the regular season, there's no problem. But running the read option in the regular season just doesn't make much sense. Sure, it'll be effective. But so is tossing the ball to Zeke.

Coming into this season ... there were three plans at QB:

Plan A: Romo starts and wins a lot of games.
Plan B: If Romo gets hurt, Kellen Moorse starts.
Plan C: Prescott sits on the bench, and maybe is in the mix for 2nd team QB next year.

The season hasn't even started yet and we are already at Plan C. And if Prescott gets hurt, you have to make up a Plan D. And Plan D isn't going to be pretty.

If Prescott drops back and is pressured, I'm o.k. with him taking off and gaining some yards on the ground. But the read option is silly at this point. You've got high quality depth at RB and an excellent OL. Your game plan doesn't have to include designed running plays for Prescott.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's Stephen that hesitant to give up any picks for these guys. If so then good job. There is also this trade rumor. Cowboys maybe attempting to drive up the price for DMC.

NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate)
8/30/16, 1:20 PM
Multiple teams around the league have contacted the Cowboys about trading for Darren McFadden. Dallas not interested as of now.

Why the fuck would we not be interested?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why the fuck would we not be interested?

Because when jeri sees other teams interested in his players, he puckers up and holds on tighter because he's afraid they know something he doesn't which of course they do in every case because jeri is a football idiot. Being the eternal optimist he is, he can't bring him self to release a player that is surely about to "break out" at any moment

Top Bottom