MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eh just like Switzer won with Jimmys talent, Wade made it to the playoffs in 07 with Parcels talent. And I'd bet my life if he's coach they beat the Giants in the 07 playoff game. I get the feeling you just dont like the guy because to me he is obvious hall of fame, difference making coach who I wished stayed a lot longer.

I'm not saying he wasn't an obvious hall of famer. He build that legacy in NY and New England and to some extent with the Jets but by the time he got here he wasn't great at all. He was all reputation by that point.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I recognize that he never won anything of significance, but he set up the team to be successful for a decade.

It's not his fault Jerry hired a fat baby and Raggedy Andy after the fact.

If you bring in a coach that demands respect after Parcells and actually has an eye for talent, maybe you don't have the circus year in and year out to the point where a team overflowing with talent is a laughingstock on the level of the old Bengals.

Was he really the eye for talent that brought in guys like Ware and Romo or should that credit go to Ireland and Sean Peyton? Remember if Parcells had it his way they would have passed on Ware to draft Marcus Spears that year.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
BTW tell me one thing that is more important than changing the culture? Right now and since Bill if the checks dont bounce its all good.

You didn't quite the rest of what I said. Any coach they brought in would have done the same thing.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not saying he wasn't an obvious hall of famer. He build that legacy in NY and New England and to some extent with the Jets but by the time he got here he wasn't great at all. He was all reputation by that point.

You are over looking one key point. In all his other stops he was working for owners that knew their limitations. He was hired here to get a stadium built and put up with GM who is about as qualified as a short bus riding ******. Anything else he did was gravy.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You didn't quite the rest of what I said. Any coach they brought in would have done the same thing.

No they wouldnt because Jerry is the culture. Only Jimmy and Parcels have dont that. See my last post.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Was he really the eye for talent that brought in guys like Ware and Romo or should that credit go to Ireland and Sean Peyton? Remember if Parcells had it his way they would have passed on Ware to draft Marcus Spears that year.

I was going to type a really smart ass reply to try and sick burn you, but I really don't give a shit about what anyone believes about this team, and I don't give a shit about the team period.

Have a good day, Mr. B.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You are over looking one key point. In all his other stops he was working for owners that knew their limitations. He was hired here to get a stadium built and put up with GM who is about as qualified as a short bus riding ******. Anything else he did was gravy.

I'm not over looking that at all. Jerry definitely handicapped him. But only points to the fact that he wasn't this all time great coach here. Jerry is part of the equation why Parcells was not a great coach here.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I was going to type a really smart ass reply to try and sick burn you, but I really don't give a shit about what anyone believes about this team, and I don't give a shit about the team period.

Have a good day, Mr. B.

Everyone has their opinion right, that one is mine.

And you have a good day as well Sheik.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not over looking that at all. Jerry definitely handicapped him. But only points to the fact that he wasn't this all time great coach here. Jerry is part of the equation why Parcells was not a great coach here.

Based on what he was dealt, he did a great job here. Dont you think working for Jerry as coach is like trying to swim with a cinder block chained to each ankle?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Based on what he was dealt, he did a great job here. Dont you think working for Jerry as coach is like trying to swim with a cinder block chained to each ankle?

Yea but he knew that would be the case before he took the job. The fact is he was an old coach making one final money grab and Jerry needed his reputation to get the stadium.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just watched the Dak interview after he was named the starter and I gotta say that he's impressing me more and more each time I hear him speak or watch him play.

He says the right things and handles himself accordingly during the interviews.

When asked about being in the position of coming in because Romo was hurt he stated that's the way it's always been for him. It happened in high school and in college. Then the press said both of those times you became the starter and never gave the job back. Dak and the press all laughed at that. Then you see this quirky smile for just a second come across Dak's face. You can tell this kid has the confidence to take over the team and believes this is his time! He has no intention of Tony ever starting again.

But to his credit he did say this is Tony's team and I'm just here to fill in until he's healthy enough to play.

So the kid is smart enough to say the right thing at the right time with no sign of being cocky or conceded.

I hope for all of us he can keep it up and get better the more he plays.

Maybe we did get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle for the second time in a row. Who knows

Clearly it's way to soon to crown this kid Romo's air apparent but I like his and our chances at this point.

From all accounts he has the support of the team which is one huge hurdle to overcome. Zeke and Dez love him, the rest of the team are accepting him as a leader in the huddle according to a couple reports. So Dak is on the right patch. Hopefully it stays that way

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I just watched the Dak interview after he was named the starter and I gotta say that he's impressing me more and more each time I hear him speak or watch him play.

He says the right things and handles himself accordingly during the interviews.

When asked about being in the position of coming in because Romo was hurt he stated that's the way it's always been for him. It happened in high school and in college. Then the press said both of those times you became the starter and never gave the job back. Dak and the press all laughed at that. Then you see this quirky smile for just a second come across Dak's face. You can tell this kid has the confidence to take over the team and believes this is his time! He has no intention of Tony ever starting again.

But to his credit he did say this is Tony's team and I'm just here to fill in until he's healthy enough to play.

So the kid is smart enough to say the right thing at the right time with no sign of being cocky or conceded.

I hope for all of us he can keep it up and get better the more he plays.

Maybe we did get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle for the second time in a row. Who knows

Clearly it's way to soon to crown this kid Romo's air apparent but I like his and our chances at this point.

From all accounts he has the support of the team which is one huge hurdle to overcome. Zeke and Dez love him, the rest of the team are accepting him as a leader in the huddle according to a couple reports. So Dak is on the right patch. Hopefully it stays that way

The report that Dak has been commanding the huddle extremely well came from Travis Fredrick. At least I heard Fredrick say something very similar. If Dez, Zeke, and the OL all believe in Dak and all have confidence in him to be able to be the leader of this team then he has a very good chance at succeeding here.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
this one?:

[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/08/28/dak-prescott-being-named-starting-qb[/video]

Dallascowboys.com has another video where they interview several players. One was Brice Butler and he talked about Dak in the huddle and how he commands it like he's always been there, and that they didn't say "ahh man" when Dak took over like they did last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Showers sucks balls.

It's mind-boggling that reports said this coaching staff considered him dead even with or even ahead of Dak earlier in camp.

Yeah that report came from Broaddus though, and he is about as reliable as a rain dance. The minute Moore got hurt, Prescott immediately went into the 2nd role. Showers didn't get much (if any) consideration for that role.

What does bother me is the franchise was trying to roll with Moore as the backup in the first place. We definitely weren't winning any games with him as a starter.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Shaun Hill, McCown, Austin Davis, Geno Smith, Aaron Murray, EJ Manuel or Dirty Sanchez... It will end up being one of these guys.

Top Bottom