dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If DeMarco Murray were Emmitt Smith then he'd have warranted that type of deal, he is not Emmitt Smith.

Murray had an incredible yr and has been a very under appreciated player (at times) for us, but he is not an elite player. He is a good player who has/had two significant issues 1) injuries and 2) fumbles, albeit mainly just last yr

I would have loved for us to keep Murray, but not at any cost. It is far easier now to find a quality RB than is to find an elite WR

Dez is an elite player.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If DeMarco Murray were Emmitt Smith then he'd have warranted that type of deal, he is not Emmitt Smith.

Murray had an incredible yr and has been a very under appreciated player (at times) for us, but he is not an elite player. He is a good player who has/had two significant issues 1) injuries and 2) fumbles, albeit mainly just last yr

I would have loved for us to keep Murray, but not at any cost. It is far easier now to find a quality RB than is to find an elite WR

Dez is an elite player.

Meh, someone will just step up and stuff. I mean why even draft an elite WR. You can just plug and play and you will be just fine. And stuff.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not begrudging him, I am simply realizing we might not be able to afford him.
The whole thing is just, goofy isn't it?

But it makes me feel a little bit better knowing Condon is calling the shots - maybe it won't be as hostile as I was thinking.

Condon still reps Witten also. Maybe that will help.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Meh, someone will just step up and stuff. I mean why even draft an elite WR. You can just plug and play and you will be just fine. And stuff.
Because, it's always happened. And stuff. Dez isn't God and he is not irreplaceable, Chicken Little.

You might not have been paying attention, but I was calling for Dallas to draft a WR in the first round, just because of this contract situation. But like I already, said, happy with the WR crop we have.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dez isn't replaceable by anyone on our roster or available.
So, you believe Tony just won't have anyone to throw to, there won't be a 1,000 yard receiver, although as Statman showed earlier, there always has been. The offense just collapses without Dez, right? C'mon now.

Really makes me want to see him hold out or get signed by another team. But, no worries there, he's not going to walk away from $12.6 million for one season of play.

However he might pull a Miles Austin, and have that nagging hammy injury that never goes away until like magic, when he signs with another team.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here. If we're that limited of receiving targets, what is to stop Dez from being doubled, even triple covered? Esp now that Demarco is gone?

As has been proven many times before; Dez cannot beat that kind of attention.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dez has a massive impact on the way teams play defense against us (run and pass).
So what? Without Dez they'll have to adjust and figure out why we're torching them with other guys.
The Cowboys could trade Dez Bryant, clean up cap issues, and continue to build for a future that emphasizes team over selfishness.
When I was calling for this, you should have seen the wails and howls. I still think it's a good idea if we can get the right deal for him.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Because, it's always happened. And stuff. Dez isn't God and he is not irreplaceable, Chicken Little.

You might not have been paying attention, but I was calling for Dallas to draft a WR in the first round, just because of this contract situation. But like I already, said, happy with the WR crop we have.

So, who steps up and does what Dez does?

If you say anyone that is currently on our roster can do it, I'm done with this ridiculous discussion.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, who steps up and does what Dez does?

If you say anyone that is currently on our roster can do it, I'm done with this ridiculous discussion.
I guess you missed Statman's post showing we had 1000 yard receivers before Dez and during Dez.... We can live without Dez. We will still throw the ball. People will still catch it. We've always spread the ball around, we will continue to do so.

I am FAR more worried about life without Romo suddenly, than I am about life without Dez.

Reaction score
Yep and teams are just beating down his door to sign him away from us.

Not.
You do understand that any team wanting to sign him away from us would have to pay him top 5 WR money and give up 2 first rounders right...?

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys would still have some success passing the ball without Dez, but without Dez i think the Cowboys becomes less explosive. A small hitch route can turn into a 60 yard touchdown. His touchdown production would be hard to replace. I am on the boat that says Dez is not used enough in the game plans. This kid is in the prime of his career. You have already lived through his growing pains, now is the time to reap the rewards.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I guess you missed Statman's post showing we had 1000 yard receivers before Dez and during Dez.... We can live without Dez. We will still throw the ball. People will still catch it. We've always spread the ball around, we will continue to do so.

I am FAR more worried about life without Romo suddenly, than I am about life without Dez.

And Dez is a big reason those other receivers had 1,000 yard seasons.

Answer me this... can Terrance Williams do what Dez does to the level he does it? Simple yes or no will suffice.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
xxx, if anyone's been watching; Twilly is capable of taking those ones to the house himself.

Now I'm not saying TWilly is the same caliber receiver of Dez Bryant

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And Dez is a big reason those other receivers had 1,000 yard seasons.

Answer me this... can Terrance Williams do what Dez does to the level he does it? Simple yes or no will suffice.

Consistently? No

TWilly can't high-point the ball like Dez is able to.

Reaction score
xxx, if anyone's been watching; Twilly is capable of taking those ones to the house himself.

Now I'm not saying TWilly is the same caliber receiver of Dez Bryant

I like Williams and i think he is a great compliment player to Bryant. He has made some big plays but i also think he leaves a lot of meat on the bone. I don’t see him as a #1 receiver. He doesn’t scare the defense the way Bryant does. Id like to see him make more plays this season.

Top Bottom