LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have more of a issue with him not paying it or not making sure arrangements were made so the store wouldn't run to the media/courts. It's none of my business how a 22 year old spends the first money he's ever seen. I'm sure I would have bought some things I didn't need too.

Then again no I wouldn't, I'm too stingy.lol

That's bad business for the store. Certainly Bryant is in the wrong, but for the store to go to the media about it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have more of an issue that he purchased a quarter of a million dollars in jewerly to begin with.

This guy is trouble. It's just a matter of when and what.

Why? It's not your money. It's foolish for him to do it, but he's young and it's his money, and I don't have an issue with it. Has nothing to do with me. And for you to have an issue with it, says pretty much as to what we already know about you.

So now Bryant is trouble... mmmmm ok. He damn sure just needs to pay his bill, but all the rest of the crap like the cop kicking him out of the mall was much-ado about nothing, personally I think the cop was jealous that some young millionaire athlete that makes more in one game than the cop makes an entire year, and probably wanted to "lay down the law". Whatever. But I'm sure you also thought Bryant would be trouble because of the shitstorm that was created when he refused to carry Roy's pads.

sbk92

Reaction score
Why? It's not your money. It's foolish for him to do it, but he's young and it's his money, and I don't have an issue with it. Has nothing to do with me. And for you to have an issue with it, says pretty much as to what we already know about you.

So now Bryant is trouble... mmmmm ok. He damn sure just needs to pay his bill, but all the rest of the crap like the cop kicking him out of the mall was much-ado about nothing, personally I think the cop was jealous that some young millionaire athlete that makes more in one game than the cop makes an entire year, and probably wanted to "lay down the law". Whatever. But I'm sure you also thought Bryant would be trouble because of the shitstorm that was created when he refused to carry Roy's pads.

I figured you'd respond to that.

Because anybody who would even want that much jewelry is an idiotic moron destined for hard times ahead.

Dez Bryant is that guy.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Damn, he's already racked up excessive debt and he's not even been out of college for more than 2 years.

Just imagine if he keeps it up and has been in the league 10 years. Or even 5. Scary to contemplate.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I figured you'd respond to that.

Because anybody who would even want that much jewelry is an idiotic moron destined for hard times ahead.

Dez Bryant is that guy.

And it figures that you would react the way you do over something that completely has nothing to do with you, which is even more idiotic and moronic. Hell! Your idol Liberace wore more jewelry.

2_liberace6.jpg

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong discussing people's lives who entertain us. It's fair game, especially when they screw up.

sbk92

Reaction score
And it figures that you would react the way you do over something that completely has nothing to do with you, which is even more idiotic and moronic. Hell! Your idol Liberace wore more jewelry.

It has a lot to do with me. He plays for my football team.

sbk92

Reaction score
Don't Forget Bryant's Wild Spending

Posted by jellis at 3/29/2011 12:09 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Just as we pointed out when he was dropped with the $55,000 dinner bill for his teammates last fall, Dez Bryant is free to spend his riches however he wants. All the better, he's stimulating the economy.

The recent news that he is being sued for $246,000 a jewelry-maker alleges that he owes, and additional lawsuits for unpaid debts pushing $1 million, should not be similarly dismissed, however. These aren't cases of Bryant getting stuck with a tab he didn't anticipate, but rather a guy borrowing money he apparently had no intention of paying back on a reasonable schedule.

It's entirely possible that Bryant, being immature for even 22, has little comprehension of how the credit system works, but remember, he's paying people to take care of these things for him. If it was advisor David Wells who organized the loan, as reported, then he's obviously not doing such a great job as Bryant's caretaker. Was it even a great idea for Wells to get Bryant reinstated at NorthPark Center, where he's undoubtedly running up an even larger credit card bill?

Or maybe he was allowed back into the mall more on the grounds of how much he was spending in there rather than his ability to behave while on the premesis.

We're think the former NFLPA are cringing at these reports of Bryant trying to live out "Brewster's Millions." There are much better things to do with the money than buy personalized jewelry.

Unfortunately for the Cowboys, Bryant's finances affect more than just him. So just keep his spending habits in mind a couple years down the road if and when he begins to threaten a holdout or give the Cowboys grief about a contract extension before his current deal has run out. The deal he's playing under now should have been more than enough.

It sort of makes you worry how he would waste an even bigger contract.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong discussing people's lives who entertain us. It's fair game, especially when they screw up.

Discussing is one thing but getting upset, especially when it has nothing to do with you is entirely something else.

sbk92

Reaction score
Discussing is one tjhing but getting upset, especially when it has nothing to do with you is entirely something else.

It's perfectly reasonable for fans to worry when one of their key players is showing a glaring lack of common sense.

Top Bottom