Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Whatever...there's no point debating this. It's never going to happen like this. The Dallas Cowboys are already concocting another implausible, unfathomable and absurd way of losing a football game.

Miss extra point so game goes to OT and lose on a blocked punt? Check. Arizona.

Last play before halftime and you fumble a pass in the flat for a 50-yard TD return topped only by a TD called back by a holding call by a player you traded your all-time bust LBer for? Check. Washington

Throw a pick six to your QB's groomsman that's also your franchise's all-time bust, then pick six again? Check.

Get in position for the winning FG kick on the last play of the game, get it blocked and committ a facemask penalty so a kicker you cut can kick the 55-yard game winner with 00:00 on the clock? Check. Washington

Have Mark Brunell toss two 50-yard bombs for TD in the last 5 minutes of the game to lose by one? Check. Washington.

Bobble? Check. Seattle

Why you gotta bring up old shit?

That list made my chest hurt.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Whatever...there's no point debating this. It's never going to happen like this. The Dallas Cowboys are already concocting another implausible, unfathomable and absurd way of losing a football game.

Last play before halftime and you fumble a pass in the flat for a 50-yard TD return topped only by a TD called back by a holding call by a player you traded your all-time bust LBer for? Check. Washington

Throw a pick six to your QB's groomsman that's also your franchise's all-time bust, then pick six again? Check.

Get in position for the winning FG kick on the last play of the game, get it blocked and committ a facemask penalty so a kicker you cut can kick the 55-yard game winner with 00:00 on the clock? Check. Washington

Have Mark Brunell toss two 50-yard bombs for TD in the last 5 minutes of the game to lose by one? Check. Washington.

Bobble? Check. Seattle

Thanks. I was starting to feel better, too.

~slits wrists~

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Why you gotta bring up old shit?

That list made my chest hurt.

Muthafucka...that was off the top of my head. lol

That's the shit my mind relives over and over whenever we lose like this. This shit builds up.

I've heard many players that retire say, "at some point, the joys of victory don't outweigh the pain of the losses anymore."

It may get to that point for me and I may just cut off NFL completely. Fucking ping pong or calculator tricks or some shit.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Bobble? Check. Seattle

Ohhhhh, you mean the Jerry Jones era?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Muthafucka...that was off the top of my head. lol

That's the shit my mind relives over and over whenever we lose like this. This shit builds up.

I've heard many players that retire say, "at some point, the joys of victory don't outweigh the pain of the losses anymore."

It may get to that point for me and I may just cut off NFL completely. Fucking ping pong or calculator tricks or some shit.

This is a funny post on many different levels.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Ohhhhh, you mean the Jerry Jones era?

serenity-now.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My thoughts:

One coach made adjustments.. the other did not. Great gameplan going in, as usual.. i don't usually have complaints about the offensive gameplan. But JG has shown so far that he is not adept at making effective, needed adjustments on the fly during a game. Problems that we see go on and on with nothing being changed and then after the game we get an apology for it. Thinking JG doesn't have alot to learn about game management is delusional at best.

WTF? What the hell adjustments did the Lions make? We came right out in the 2nd half and went down the field for a TD.

Oh, because Romo threw 3 stupid picks right into coverage, you think someone made an adjustment. I get it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With a four-possession lead, even if you end up with 4th & 30, you've won as long as you've drained 45 seconds after every play.

* At 10:30 remaining in the 3rd, there's 25:30 remaining in the game.

Assuming each "3 & out drive" consumes about 4 minutes...a four possession game means we can drain about 16 minutes just by kneeling after every snap. This gives the Lions about 10 minutes to score four times...

Say what? A 3 and out drive is not going to consume 4 minutes. We had two 3 and out drives in the 4th qtr and there was only one incomplete pass on those two drives. One drive used 1:34, the other drive used 1:50

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's amazing is that the Lions didn't have to:
a. kick an onside kick
b. go for it on fourth down
c. still had two timeouts remaining at end of game
d. and allowed enough time on the clock for us to have a final comeback drive

Well you can do that when the opposing QB gift wraps two tds for them with bad picks, then blows the game with the lead at the end with another dreadful pick.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
WTF? What the hell adjustments did the Lions make? We came right out in the 2nd half and went down the field for a TD.

Oh, because Romo threw 3 stupid picks right into coverage, you think someone made an adjustment. I get it.

lol You know the real reason why Romo threw those 3 INTs according to RoyTheCrapper, was because he didn't have his go-to guy in Crayton.

Reaction score

They stopped playing as much one on one coverage on the outside, for starters. Don't worry though, its not just you.. JG and Romo didn't seem to notice that either.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They stopped playing as much one on one coverage on the outside, for starters. Don't worry though, its not just you.. JG and Romo didn't seem to notice that either.

Looked to me like Romo was the only person who didnt notice it.

Again, Garrett isnt sitting on the sideline with an X-Box controller pushing a button and directing Romo where to throw. The guys gotta do his job and throw the ball to the open guys, or throw to the guys with the best matchups.

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dbair, you know I respect you a lot but please understand I will not grant you access to my thoughts on this until your behavior is improved.

Reaction score
Looked to me like Romo was the only person who didnt notice it.

Again, Garrett isnt sitting on the sideline with an X-Box controller pushing a button and directing Romo where to throw. The guys gotta do his job and throw the ball to the open guys, or throw to the guys with the best matchups.

You think Garrett doesn't know he's a gunslinger who has a tendancy to turn the ball over because of his mentality by now? Yet after the first, and the second pick we just keep on passing? There was no reason at all to pass on first down when we're up 24 points halfway through the third.. or on 3rd and 2.

I'll say it again for you artard.. the less he throws the less chance we turn the ball over. Now stop your foolish act of saying Garrett should have no fault in the loss, and get your head out of your ass. Garrett himself, has already admitted he made some mistakes, and its clear that he has some shit to learn about game management yet. All the silly and sloppy mistakes were supposed to end with him and yet this year he's presided over two of the worst losses in our franchises history. He has some stuff to learn yet, he's not a hall of famer head coach yet, its a work in progess.. so stop acting like he should bear no fault when we fuck up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You think Garrett doesn't know he's a gunslinger who has a tendancy to turn the ball over because of his mentality by now? Yet after the first, and the second pick we just keep on passing? There was no reason at all to pass on first down when we're up 24 points halfway through the third.. or on 3rd and 2.

I'll say it again for you artard.. the less he throws the less chance we turn the ball over. Now stop your foolish act of saying Garrett should have no fault in the loss, and get your head out of your ass. Garrett himself, has already admitted he made some mistakes, and its clear that he has some shit to learn about game management yet. All the silly and sloppy mistakes were supposed to end with him and yet this year he's presided over two of the worst losses in our franchises history. He has some stuff to learn yet, he's not a hall of famer head coach yet, its a work in progess.. so stop acting like he should bear no fault when we fuck up.

Guess you just choose to continue to ignore facts dont you?

Reaction score
Guess you just choose to continue to ignore facts dont you?

Please.. enlighten me of these "facts" that i am ignoring.

..and while you're at it, tell me why JG would come out and say "yea we probably should have run it more" if he thought his playcalling was perfectly fine.

...or, you can just shut up now and admit Jason still has some stuff to learn as a head coach and dealing with game management and situational football.

Last edited:
Top Bottom