Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
When you play the kind of games we play you're going to have these moments. You can't be perfect every week. It seems so colossal bc the game was close. Well our games are always close and we always need him to come through

Truth.

Even this ****** gets it.

Reaction score
Yeah, and I can call all those people blind fucking loyalists

"Romo homers"
Yeah, all those blind fucking loyalists who rip the shit out of Garrett, Jerry, Callahan, Kiffin, etc.? Makes sense.

BTW, NFL films had a Dez package that I just heard where Romo said the worst thing you can do with Dez is overthrow him. So he intentionally underthrows him sometimes to allow him to make a play on the ball.

ZOMG HE'S LOZING TEH ARM STRAAANGTH!!

Reaction score
It is just too late for Tony Romo.

I am not going to say Garrett has done the best job because he hasn't.

Parcells made it clear he needed handling.

If we have kept Payton, he would probably be Drew Brees.

But since we didn't and have this cheap knockoff copy in Garrett because Jones ran off the one guy Romo has ever credited with making him better in David Lee, we are stuck.

He is too old to be "fixed".

Plus I think he is a little set in his ways by choice.

He is adequate for the league right now. It's stupid to throw long balls all day and to use a seven step drop. Peyton Manning is throw dink and dunks and letting his players run. The days of the QB messiah are gone, Dallas and Jerry and especially Jason are clinging to the hope that mullets, and Cold Wars, and Parachute pants need only a little more time before they are relevant again.

Romo just needs to do what any other QB needs to get in the league right now, and that is: first downs. Own the ball, own the clock, and then you will won the land between you and the end zone. Fast flashy plays have high measures of error and give the ball back to the other team. Given enough chances with possession, any NFL offense will find a way to beat a defense.

Romo needs to be a cog, and he needs a designer of an offensive machine that makes him stay a cog and move only when necessary.

This scheme philosophy that Jason has locked the team into, is outdated and hurting the chances for any hope. Look, this is a quote from Callahan on ESPN NFC EAST:

During a nearly 20-minute discussion with reporters, Callahan said Romo didn't actually audible from run to pass, but the play call is designed where if the defense gives the offense a certain look, then the play changes.

The play changes. The QB, The OC, and even the HC do not change the play. The play automatically changes.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTW, NFL films had a Dez package that I just heard where Romo said the worst thing you can do with Dez is overthrow him. So he intentionally underthrows him sometimes to allow him to make a play on the ball.

ZOMG HE'S LOZING TEH ARM STRAAANGTH!!

LOL

OK PEP...guy was wide open by 5 yds or more on some of those plays, so yeah "underthrowing him" makes a lot of sense

Reaction score
Good to know that you're basing your "analysis" of his arm strength off of what you see on TV. Good job couchscout.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This scheme philosophy that Jason has locked the team into, is outdated and hurting the chances for any hope. Look, this is a quote from Callahan on ESPN NFC EAST:

The play changes. The QB, The OC, and even the HC do not change the play. The play automatically changes.
Right, it wasn't an audible and he didn't change the play. He ran it the way he was supposed to, actually. That Stretch Smith guy who watches film said this Monday before Garrett even had his PC, that Tony did what he was supposed to do - the real problem was that Mathews rushed him and he didn't set his feet, so the throw was off target. But he didn't go rogue and throw it because he felt like it.

Which makes Garrett's throwing him under the bus saying he should have run it even stranger. Or just more chickenshit.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
It is amazing how much time and effort is put in psychoanalyzing Tony Romo.

Aren't people tired of it yet?

He's not going to change. Ever.

He's set. Nobody is going to make him a better QB. That opportunity to "fix" him so we get more "Pimp Tony" and less "Wimp Tony" are over.

No offensive system or QB coach can salvage the guy. He is what he is.

So instead of trying to canonize him as an all-time great to make some of us feel better...why isn't that just an established fact.

I just don't get it. I just don't.

Back in the day, I knew what Danny White was. I just accepted it.

I never pretended he would be anything different with a running game, better OL etc.

I never wished that one day he would "get his ring because he deserved it".

He was the QB and often was a contributing factor why we won or we lost.

I didn't spend time trying to figure out reasons why his mistakes should somehow be blamed on something or someone else.

Why is it so hard for people to just admit that Romo will just do these things?

Moreover, why is it so hard for the organization to keep expecting that he will someday bloom into this butterfly that wins championships? The guy has never won one...ever. Even back to high school.

This is the best post that I have ever read concerning Romo. I don't understand how anybody can disagree with this if they are being honest with themselves.

Reaction score
Not a winner like tebow
No clutch gene
Oh woops turns out flacco just won a title when everyone talked shit about him for years
Derpy derp

Reaction score
Romos play intended for miles was a better play then Eli's blind toss Into a crowd. There's two other guys out there. Once the bal leaves his hands it's out of his control. You'll notice he throws picks when a reciever runs a Wrong route, a pass is tipped, or there's tremendous pressure and some throw needs to be made b/c it is a game after all and you got to take your shots. Rarely does he flat out miss so bad or misjudge so poorly that it's picked

How often does a pass intended for dez get picked off if dez is there and ready to make a play on the ball? Just like last year romo threw a deep shot @washington and miles once again failed to attack the ball. Miles sucks. He is secretly one of the worst contracts in the league

This sounds like an excuse and I get that if a guy needs excuses then there's a problem. But you know This team has extenuating circumstances. We're special. It's always something with us. This nigga can fucking win and I've seen him play balls out. He's not a derp he's just not perfect and we always need him to be perfect to win. If he hands off on that play and we punt and we lose then that's going on his December record anyways.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
^^ Heard Danny White on the Ticket the other night and he was all over Miles for not helping Tony out on that play. He said he had position on the corner and if he'd done it right, when he saw the ball was behind him he'd have slowed down so the DB had to go through him, which obviously is either a penalty or at least an incompletion. Said Pearson was the best at that -- even if he couldn't catch it he'd make sure no one else did either.

I'm starting to agree on Miles. He's a big, fast guy who doesn't have much feel for the game. More athlete than football player.

Reaction score
I think Miles confidence is shot. I think he feels if he moves the wrong way he's going to lose his hamstring. A few years ago he was better than Dez at going up and getting it, he could get open off the snap and he and Tony had a great feel for each other. Now none of that is true. How could it be, when do they ever practice together?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Miles confidence is shot. I think he feels if he moves the wrong way he's going to lose his hamstring. A few years ago he was better than Dez at going up and getting it, he could get open off the snap and he and Tony had a great feel for each other. Now none of that is true. How could it be, when do they ever practice together?

He took Jerry's money and mailed it in like 9/10 players do.

Reaction score
I meant crayton. Also Antonio Bryant. The point is these guys just aren't good.

Also TE I agree. But really the throw was bad. He missed it. But I agree that the receiver didn't earn his money there either. But that's an excuse he missed the throw so it's on him.

But Intellectually speaking I'm sick of this hula hoop twitter culture of any interception by any qb = lol omfg ******

Reaction score
Maybe miles is detached. I bet dez would've had the piss and vinegar to go get that pass. It would've been a bail out catch but still .

Also there's no such thing as a perfect pass. Once that ball levels a qb's hands two tremendous athletes adjust accordingly

Reaction score
I meant crayton. Also Antonio Bryant. The point is these guys just aren't good.

Maybe we stop getting all players from the perennial Super Bowl champion San Diego Chargers.

Spurlock spent part of the 2012 season with the San Diego Chargers. He said the similarities between the Cowboys’ offense and former Chargers coach Norv Turner’s offense has made the transition smooth. “Coach Garrett and Norv pretty much have the same offense from when I was in San Diego with Norv Turner,” he said. “Everybody is running pretty much the same."

Top Bottom