Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They're part of the game. He's made a habit of throwing inexcusable ones at the worst times.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
4th in the league in PPG on the least offensive plays in the NFL
Top 10 in completion percentage
15th in YPA
2nd best TD:INT ratio in the league
7th in Passer rating

Fucking amazing for a rag armed QB.

"stats are for losers"

he is rag armed

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It is amazing how much time and effort is put in psychoanalyzing Tony Romo.

Aren't people tired of it yet?

He's not going to change. Ever.

He's set. Nobody is going to make him a better QB. That opportunity to "fix" him so we get more "Pimp Tony" and less "Wimp Tony" are over.

No offensive system or QB coach can salvage the guy. He is what he is.

So instead of trying to canonize him as an all-time great to make some of us feel better...why isn't that just an established fact.

I just don't get it. I just don't.

Back in the day, I knew what Danny White was. I just accepted it.

I never pretended he would be anything different with a running game, better OL etc.

I never wished that one day he would "get his ring because he deserved it".

He was the QB and often was a contributing factor why we won or we lost.

I didn't spend time trying to figure out reasons why his mistakes should somehow be blamed on something or someone else.

Why is it so hard for people to just admit that Romo will just do these things?

Moreover, why is it so hard for the organization to keep expecting that he will someday bloom into this butterfly that wins championships? The guy has never won one...ever. Even back to high school.

Reaction score
Romo has started a grand total of half of one season under an NFL-caliber HC. No great QB has ever had a shittier QB/HC coaching combo and went on to have sustained success. In spite of that, Romo has proven time and time again that he has top 5 talent and skill. I'd love to see what he could do with an actual coach and GM. You're lying to yourself if you think even Brady would have gotten past 8-8 with this OL and shitty coach the past couple seasons. Plus, it's pretty rare to guide your offense to 30-50 point outputs and still lose games. He's a solid player in an extremely dysfunctional organization. I've seen Manning and Brady both blow playoff games (and also a Super Bowl in Manning's case) with similar mistakes that romo makes. It's just way too easy to blame the QB these days.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo has started a grand total of half of one season under an NFL-caliber HC. No great QB has ever had a shittier QB/HC coaching combo and went on to have sustained success. In spite of that, Romo has proven time and time again that he has top 5 talent and skill. I'd love to see what he could do with an actual coach and GM. You're lying to yourself if you think even Brady would have gotten past 8-8 with this OL and shitty coach the past couple seasons. Plus, it's pretty rare to guide your offense to 30-50 point outputs and still lose games. He's a solid player in an extremely dysfunctional organization. I've seen Manning and Brady both blow playoff games (and also a Super Bowl in Manning's case) with similar mistakes that romo makes. It's just way too easy to blame the QB these days.

Seriously dude, you and Peplaw need to get together and talk about how much you like Tony's schlong in your hands.

Garrett sux, but he's been good enough to get Romo to produce numbers that far exceed his talent. The guy was a fucking undrafted free agent for a reason.

He hasnt had sucky coaching. he hasnt had a sucky supporting cast. He isnt cursed.

Like Booze said, he is what he is. We should all be glad we got what we did out of him. But it appears he is heading to the downside quickly, and its time to start thinking about life after the Romo

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Garrett sux, but he's been good enough to get Romo to produce numbers that far exceed his talent.
Wat? Seriously?

Look, like Booze said, he's not going to ever be a perfect QB. Generally speaking, we know what he is. He's going to make some impulse throws, but he's going to make enough amazing plays to more than offset it. No such thing as a guy who makes only amazing, risky throws at the same time as never making a mistake.

But that doesn't mean he couldn't be managed better or that we couldn't be a better team overall if he had better coaching. The difference between him and Danny White is that DW played for truly one of the greatest coaches of all time, a coach who had already won multiple Superbowls. So you could take dumb teaching and coaching completely out of the equation.

My fear is that Garrett is going to hang around so long that the next coach will get a Tony who has already declined physically. He's got to be close to that point already, so every year is critical.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It is just too late for Tony Romo.

I am not going to say Garrett has done the best job because he hasn't.

Parcells made it clear he needed handling.

If we have kept Payton, he would probably be Drew Brees.

But since we didn't and have this cheap knockoff copy in Garrett because Jones ran off the one guy Romo has ever credited with making him better in David Lee, we are stuck.

He is too old to be "fixed".

Plus I think he is a little set in his ways by choice.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Seriously dude, you and Peplaw need to get together and talk about how much you like Tony's schlong in your hands.

Garrett sux, but he's been good enough to get Romo to produce numbers that far exceed his talent. The guy was a fucking undrafted free agent for a reason.

He hasnt had sucky coaching. he hasnt had a sucky supporting cast. He isnt cursed.

Like Booze said, he is what he is. We should all be glad we got what we did out of him. But it appears he is heading to the downside quickly, and its time to start thinking about life after the Romo

You've been talking foolish for quite some time. I can understand being let down and exasperated with this team, after being a hardcore homer for so long, but now you're just a disillusioned douche.

Reaction score
Why do you talk so much about Romo's dick? He must have torn your asshole up. Did he forget to bring the lube?

Reaction score
You've been talking foolish for quite some time. I can understand being let down and exasperated with this team, after being a hardcore homer for so long, but now you're just a disillusioned douche.
This post is right on...

That should make you stop and reconsider things david.

Reaction score
You can line up the people in here calling you a moron, and they're all right. The source of the last comment is exactly why you should be concerned.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
When you play the kind of games we play you're going to have these moments. You can't be perfect every week. It seems so colossal bc the game was close. Well our games are always close and we always need him to come through

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You can line up the people in here calling you a moron, and they're all right. The source of the last comment is exactly why you should be concerned.

Yeah, and I can call all those people blind fucking loyalists

"Romo homers"

Top Bottom