dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way... do you know how many INTs Romo has had in losses this year?

Three. One late vs. Denver, and the two vs. the Packers.

Damn that Romo and his stupid interceptions.

He threw for 100 yds against the freaking Bears. He was absolutely putrid vs New Orleans. He was bad in the 2nd half vs San Diego.

The losses arnt all on him, just like the wins arnt all on him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So his INT % from this season is equal to his best years, but his YPA is down. Sounds to me like he's being safer (more conservative), and keeping his interceptions down to career high levels. And people want to bitch about stupid interceptions?

There's no doubt he is throwing more dink and dunk stuff than in the past, but he is missing far too many opportunities down the field, and that's what is hurting his yds per attempt. Its not always with bad throws either, numerous times he just hasn't found the wide open guy when the big play was there too.

I think he used to see the field better than he does now, for whatever reason.

Reaction score
There's no doubt he is throwing more dink and dunk stuff than in the past, but he is missing far too many opportunities down the field, and that's what is hurting his yds per attempt. Its not always with bad throws either, numerous times he just hasn't found the wide open guy when the big play was there too.

Yeah, he needs teh lasik.

Or maybe he's being more conservative because fuckwits like you and Jerry and Garrett bitch about interceptions when he takes risks.

Reaction score
Romos play intended for miles was a better play then Eli's blind toss Into a crowd. There's two other guys out there. Once the bal leaves his hands it's out of his control. You'll notice he throws picks when a reciever runs a Wrong route, a pass is tipped, or there's tremendous pressure and some throw needs to be made b/c it is a game after all and you got to take your shots. Rarely does he flat out miss so bad or misjudge so poorly that it's picked

How often does a pass intended for dez get picked off if dez is there and ready to make a play on the ball? Just like last year romo threw a deep shot @washington and miles once again failed to attack the ball. Miles sucks. He is secretly one of the worst contracts in the league

This sounds like an excuse and I get that if a guy needs excuses then there's a problem. But you know This team has extenuating circumstances. We're special. It's always something with us. This nigga can fucking win and I've seen him play balls out. He's not a derp he's just not perfect and we always need him to be perfect to win. If he hands off on that play and we punt and we lose then that's going on his December record anyways.
:like

Reaction score
I hate the word elite when tossed around regarding quarterbacks. What the fuck does that mean? Has won Super Bowl(s)? Brady? Manning? Brees? Rodgers? Is Flacco elite? Is Eli?
It's some retarded arbitrary line between the top teir and second tier of QBs in the league. And QB is really the only position that term is talked about. It's how ESPN couch scouts try to make themselves sound smart.

Reaction score

Or...

Coverage is better on an unchanging scheme and nobody is as open as they used to be...

...and then pressure on Romo while the receivers get open gives him less time...
...the shorter pass is tougher to cover as the ball can be drilled into a small space with less time for a DB to make a play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Or...

Coverage is better on an unchanging scheme and nobody is as open as they used to be...

No reason to read past that, everybody can see guys wide open repeatedly this year. Dez should have had 3 or 4 tds easy against GB

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
No reason to read past that, everybody can see guys wide open repeatedly this year. Dez should have had 3 or 4 tds easy against GB

There has been games that Dez has be avoided. Who's fault is that? It makes no sense to have a talent like Dez and not use it. It seems like Romo ignores him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
peplaw is getting owned badly in this thread.

It's like dbair is sitting on his back while jon88 comes in and pounds him in the balls.

Top Bottom