C

Cr122

Hey, you know what?

I'll be the first one to say I was wrong if Martellus Bennett can have a good year and make the Pro Bowl.

At least give me a chance to see how Phillips does when he get's back next year.

I personally don't hate Bennett but his non productive play of late has me worried he isn't taken the game serious enough. That's what I hate about him.

Just shut up and play football, and do what you are paid to do. Then you know what? I'm happy.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well you the one with the fucking problem, that you let somebody IN THEIR SPARE TIME get your panties in a bunch. I do niot see the corralation of how Bennett making stupid movies, translates into him not taking his job seriously. If he wasn't making videos, he'd be goofing around with his friends ON HIS TIME OFF... and you nor I would know none the wiser. The same people that bitch and mopan and accuse Bennet of not taking football seriously are the same ones that say that about Romo because he golfs in his SPARE TIME.

That's not the problem here, Laz. You be hard pressed to find someone that takes this shit less serious.

The problem is you're asking for the impossible, I don't have all of the games taped, I also don't know of a reliable place on the web to find the 6 plays out of 1,020 offensive plays that were drops by Bennett.

I did my best to show you what I could come up with, I found the stats and gave you them with the link. If you don't trust the stats, that's fine.

Reaction score
I personally think a good rookie year would be 70 to 80 catches and about 800 yards receiving or more. about 12 to 14 touchdowns, sound fair?

That wouldn't be a "good" rookie year, that would be an amazing rookie year. Although the 800 yards seems low for that number of receptions.

I think Dez will end up with 50-65 receptions, at about 13 yards per reception, and I'd say 6 td's.

The TD # will be respectable, but I think we rely more on Witten, Roy (yes, Roy), and the ground game more in the red zone.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hey, you know what?

I'll be the first one to say I was wrong if Martellus Bennett can have a good year and make the Pro Bowl.

This is monumentally STUPID. Why does Bennett have to make the Pro Bowl as validation of having a good year? If he makes the Pro Bowl, then that means Witten was seriously injured and Bennett took over for him. You show me ANY team that has sent TWO TEs to the Pro Bowl. I don't think it's ever happened. Some teams have sent two WRs and maybe two RBs, but no team has EVER sent to TEs. You have no concept of the hierarchy of this team in terms of passing options, but I will break it down for you. As of now, Witten is the #1 passing option, Austin is the #2 passing option, as of now Roy is the #3 passing option, but I anticipate like many others that he will be supplanted by Dez, who right now is probably #4. Then I would say Crayton is #5, which would make Bennett the #6 passing option. You really expect that the #2 TE/#6 passing option will make the Pro Bowl, and if he doesn't he's a failure?

To put into perspective of how incredible Bennett's rookie season was, his numbers were with 283 yards and 4 TDs on 20 receptions, he accomplished this while playing behind Witten, T.O., Barber, Crayton, and then Roy11.

Let's take Bennett out of the equation for a moment and insert Phillips. He would be at the exact same spot in the pecking order as Bennett---the #2 TE/#6 passing option. Now would you hold Phillips to the same impossible standard that you are trying to set for Bennett? Or are you that foolish and believe that Phillips as the #2 TE/#6 passing option would and could make the Pro Bowl?

I personally don't hate Bennett but his non productive play of late has me worried he isn't taken the game serious enough. That's what I hate about him.

Just shut up and play football, and do what you are paid to do. Then you know what? I'm happy.

What does his free time activities have to do with him playing football? Yes, he is PAID to play football, but what he does outside of football is his own. You're paid to work---assuming that you do work, and yet you are here on a messageboard.

At least give me a chance to see how Phillips does when he get's back next year.

Why? Bennett has one bad year--although still better than Phillips, and you are ready to cast him to the wayside.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's not the problem here, Laz. You be hard pressed to find someone that takes this shit less serious.

The problem is you're asking for the impossible, I don't have all of the games taped, I also don't know of a reliable place on the web to find the 6 plays out of 1,020 offensive plays that were drops by Bennett.

I did my best to show you what I could come up with, I found the stats and gave you them with the link. If you don't trust the stats, that's fine.

It's not impossible. You said that YOU HAD SEEN him drop a ton of passes and yet you cannot even name a single game in which he did do this. Not that the single game would pacify me. Draw back from memory. If you remember him dropping so many passes, then you should remember the games in which those dropped passes took place. It's that simple.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bumped for Laz, per his request.

I did give you "proof" of Bennett's drops, the only such list I could find on the web. You(Laz) acted like a little see you in tea.

If you want footage, call Steve Sabol.

F'ing idiot.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You can bump this all you want. This is not proof. It wasn't proof then and it's not proof now. Anybody---you, me, whoever, can write for the bleacher report. LOL. GTFU OUTTA HERE WITH THIS!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's your opinion. Mine is Phillips is the better blocking tight end.

I don't know why you get so offended when someone talks shit about Martellus Bennett, you act like he's the second coming of Jesus or something. C'mon, dude.

Oh so wait a minute. You refer to the bleacher report as proof that Phillips is the better receiver, but that same bleacherreport states that Bennet is the better blocker, and you ignore that? Of course.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bumped for Laz, per his request.

I did give you "proof" of Bennett's drops, the only such list I could find on the web. You(Laz) acted like a little see you in tea.

If you want footage, call Steve Sabol.

F'ing idiot.

Being that you have Phillips schlong up in you, I'd say that make you the ****. Creaming over 7 receptions. LOL.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Phillips hasn't had as many opportunities to prove himself as Marty, for christ sakes we are still waiting for Bennett.

Oh, what's his excuse going to be this year?, I mean the guy comes up with excuses every year why he isn't this superman half these moronic fans think he is.

Then by that admission what makes Phillips better than Bennett?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hey, you know what?

Why does Bennett have to make the Pro Bowl as proof that he is better than Phillips? This is jsut dumb, and no surprise coming from you. How many second string TEs make the Pro Bowl, especially with a TE like Witten in front of them?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is a Martellus Bennett fan club? What a joke.

Not really. But the bigger joke is that there is a John Phillips fan club, and the members think that he is better than Bennett. And have nothing to support this foolish notion other than becuase Bennet makes stupid videos.

Top Bottom