lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Because Phillips didn't play last year and the only way to compare them is apples to apples is my guess.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Why do you keep bringing up 2009 while ignoring 2010.

I'm not ignoring his 2010 numbers. If I were, I wouldn't have mentioned them.

Last year his drops were way down and he was 2nd as a number 2 TE only behind whoever you consider number 2 in NE, he would have led 10 teams in receptions from the TE position.

Those are pretty good numbers. Nobody is knocking his 2010 production.

Its funny that you can rember articles from 2009 but last year is a blur for you when talking about Bennett

The only reason 2009 is being talked about is because Laz still doesn't believe Bennett had problems catching the football in 2009. Once I pointed that out, he asked me to show him "proof". That sparked my memory about this thread.

Now, in the post you quoted, what was wrong with what I said?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Because Phillips didn't play last year and the only way to compare them is apples to apples is my guess.

I was picking back up where I was in this year old thread.

What happened was, last year about this time, Phillips was coming off a pretty nice finish to the 2009 season, even had a decent playoff game where he had a TD reception off of one catch. Media was saying the same shit a lot of us were saying after watching the end of 2009. The talk was that Phillips had a pretty good shot at taking Bennett's job.

The blown out knee happened. We'll never know what might have happened in 2010 if all things were equal on the injury front.

Fast forward to the other day where I made a comment that I'd rather have a TE that does his job, than a TE that is getting by on his potential. Come to find out, Bennett had a pretty nice year for being Witten's backup. Laz flew off the handle the way he always does when I mentioned Bennett's shitty 2009 with his drops. I told him that we had this discussion a year ago and he pretty much said we didn't, or if we did, I'd have to show him because he didn't remember.

Anyone can scan this entire thread. Laz went apeshit screaming for footage and proof of every one of Bennett's drops. Who in the F remembers every drop in every game? He told me I couldn't find any proof. I knew from watching the games that Bennett had trouble with his hands. The only source I could find for such a list when I did a google search was Bleacherreport or whatever it's called.

In the post that I gave him the link, I said I had no idea how trustworthy that site was, but it was the only info I could find. He goes into this tirade about "lmao YOU trust bleacherreport!!!11!!, blah blah blah?

Just shows you his maturity level. Instead of finding his own list that showed that Bennett had no problems catching the football, he throws a tantrum and makes himself look like an ass in the process.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
That's how the internet goes. I usually just ignore someone that won't back up with stats a claim one way or the other. I'm a huge fan of Phillips, I call him baby Witten. He looks just like Jason out there. Whether or not he comes back to form this year or not.

I know last year, if McGee hadn't left him hanging out with that pass that blew out his knee that He would either be our Full Back last year and no Gronk and therefore no Romo out of season or our Number 2 TE. Either way our pass and run blocking would have improved and there no doubt in my mind that we wouldn't have blown all those close games and lost Romo for the season.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm not ignoring his 2010 numbers. If I were, I wouldn't have mentioned them.

Those are pretty good numbers. Nobody is knocking his 2010 production.

The only reason 2009 is being talked about is because Laz still doesn't believe Bennett had problems catching the football in 2009. Once I pointed that out, he asked me to show him "proof". That sparked my memory about this thread.

Now, in the post you quoted, what was wrong with what I said?

I just noticed that you kept talking about 2009 without any regard for his play in 2010 but you did mention it in finally in your last post.

I just get tired of reading about stuff he did 2 years ago, when is the last time he did something stupid on video or on twitter. He had a good 2010 yet people keep saying Phillips is going to take his job and he needs to grow up.

He has shown some actual maturity since 2009 and nobody wants to give him any credit.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

I'm done with this topic until I see some more of Phillips, after this injury.

I think he'll be fine, but I'm no Doctor. I'll wait until preseason is over with.

Until then, Bennett is our number two tight end. Hopefully, Phillips is healthy so he can get increased playing time.

I'm sure Jason Garrett will find room in our offense for all three tight ends.

Top Bottom