Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Being that you have Phillips schlong up in you, I'd say that make you the ****. Creaming over 7 receptions. LOL.

You're an idiot. Let me type slower.

I would take the guy that is more consistent when given opportunity , over the guy that is getting by on what could be.

At the start of camp last year, a lot of people were wondering if Phillips was going to take the #2 spot from Bennett. If Phillips doesn't blow his knee out, he probably would have. 7 receptions isn't a big deal. The thing is, when Romo looks to John Phillips 7 times and John Phillips catches the ball 7 times and grabs a TD in the playoffs, I think he is probably making an impression on his QB and coaching staff.

When Bennett gets targeted 20 some odd times and drops 6 of those, there is a chance Tony will feel less comfortable looking his way.

We'll see if Phillips' legs can hold up or not.

Excuse me while I get this schlong out of me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The guy was goofy and wasnt as consistent as we wanted, but he IS a very talented player. people cream their pants over John Phillips having 4 catches in the Hall of Fame game last yr, Bennett was dominating the preseasons before that. And according to all reports so far this camp he is really standing out.

The guy is also a bigtime blocker. And very quiently he had 33 receptions last yr. When you play behind/beside a guy who will be a Hall of Famer at that position, and said guy catches 80-100 passes a yr, thats a pretty good accomplishment.

Reaction score
I'd like to see some video proof that laz isn't a tard. At the VERY LEAST hE is BI-POLAR. Why else would all of posts go from seemingly calm to ALL CaPS YELLING!!! ARRRGHHHH!!!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're an idiot. Let me type slower.

I would take the guy that is more consistent when given opportunity , over the guy that is getting by on what could be.

At the start of camp last year, a lot of people were wondering if Phillips was going to take the #2 spot from Bennett. If Phillips doesn't blow his knee out, he probably would have. 7 receptions isn't a big deal. The thing is, when Romo looks to John Phillips 7 times and John Phillips catches the ball 7 times and grabs a TD in the playoffs, I think he is probably making an impression on his QB and coaching staff.

When Bennett gets targeted 20 some odd times and drops 6 of those, there is a chance Tony will feel less comfortable looking his way.

We'll see if Phillips' legs can hold up or not.

Excuse me while I get this schlong out of me.

Sheik is a good name for you. It's the brand name of a condom. And you might as well be a condom, considering as to how you are fitted upon Phillip's dick.

C

Cr122

Phillips was having a great camp last year, but he ended up getting hurt.

Bennett would of only had half the yards he had last year if it weren't for that injury to Phillips.

The coaches were impressed with Phillips last year. This year it'll take a little more time until Phillips shows he can play the way he did in last years camp. Plus, it carried over into the preseason games for Phillips as well.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Bennett would of only had half the yards he had last year if it weren't for that injury to Phillips.

The coaches were impressed with Phillips last year. This year it'll take a little more time until Phillips shows he can play the way he did in last years camp. Plus, it carried over into the preseason games for Phillips as well.

The reason Phillips was getting so much run in camp last year was because Bennett was hurt, his opportunities would have decreased if Bennett was getting his normal reps.

Its hilarious that Phillips gets all of these props for having a great 2 weeks of camp while Bennett has had better camps every year he has been here.

Reaction score
I'd look back more to late 2009, playoffs included, when Phillips was taking snaps from Bennett. I won't say that Phillips is a better player than Bennett. Its obvious that Bennett is a far better natural athlete and has a freakish size speed combo. I loved the guy at A&M, even though even there he came across as an idiot.

That said, there is something in Phillips that the staff seems to really like, and I would not be surprised one bit if he once again steals snaps from Bennett.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'd look back more to late 2009, playoffs included, when Phillips was taking snaps from Bennett. I won't say that Phillips is a better player than Bennett. Its obvious that Bennett is a far better natural athlete and has a freakish size speed combo. I loved the guy at A&M, even though even there he came across as an idiot.

That said, there is something in Phillips that the staff seems to really like, and I would not be surprised one bit if he once again steals snaps from Bennett.

Phillips never took snaps from Bennett he took snaps from cricket, that's what has been lost in all of this, Phillips did his damage from the HBack position not as the 2nd TE.

Not understanding what Phillips role in the offense was shows a real lack of knowledge by some people and renders there critique moot.

Reaction score
Phillips never took snaps from Bennett he took snaps from cricket, that's what has been lost in all of this, Phillips did his damage from the HBack position not as the 2nd TE.

Not understanding what Phillips role in the offense was shows a real lack of knowledge by some people and renders there critique moot.

its irrelevant where Phillips was lining up. H-Back or Tight end, down the stretch his playing time increased, and he made more plays than Bennett did. So I redact my statement that JP took Bennett's snaps, he took his plays. And as much of an athletic advantage as Bennett has, unless he finally gets his shit together this season, he will be nothing more than a #2 tight end somewhere else.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You are blindly speculating.

It should also be noted that even before Phillips got hurt in the Cinci game, that when Bennett returned to practice after missing some early time he went right into the #2 role.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You are blindly speculating.

It should also be noted that even before Phillips got hurt in the Cinci game, that when Bennett returned to practice after missing some early time he went right into the #2 role.

Did I dream up all the articles after the 2009 season speculating that Phillips was going to provide some serious competition for the #2 TE spot?

Right now it means absolute shit. Phillips has lost whatever momentum he had going early in the 2010 camp. He's fighting an uphill battle coming back from a tore up knee.

That doesn't change the fact that Phillips was a more reliable pass catcher at the end of 2009. He was batting 1.000 when Romo looked his way. Bennett on the other hand was having trouble as a pass catcher, dropping 6 balls out of the 29 thrown his way.

Compare that to Witten's 6 drops out of 124 targets.

Last year is a blur for me, it almost felt like two different seasons. I read that Bennett caught 30 something passes last year. That's really good for a backup TE, even moreso when your starting TE is catching 90ish passes a year.

We'll see if Bennett can continue to put it together. I have my doubts. It seems like his praises are sung every training camp, only to see him struggle to make an impact in the passing game. Let's not forget that the guy hasn't scored a TD since his rookie year.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Did I dream up all the articles after the 2009 season speculating that Phillips was going to provide some serious competition for the #2 TE spot?

Right now it means absolute shit. Phillips has lost whatever momentum he had going early in the 2010 camp. He's fighting an uphill battle coming back from a tore up knee.

That doesn't change the fact that Phillips was a more reliable pass catcher at the end of 2009. He was batting 1.000 when Romo looked his way. Bennett on the other hand was having trouble as a pass catcher, dropping 6 balls out of the 29 thrown his way.

Compare that to Witten's 6 drops out of 124 targets.

Last year is a blur for me, it almost felt like two different seasons. I read that Bennett caught 30 something passes last year. That's really good for a backup TE, even moreso when your starting TE is catching 90ish passes a year.

We'll see if Bennett can continue to put it together. I have my doubts. It seems like his praises are sung every training camp, only to see him struggle to make an impact in the passing game. Let's not forget that the guy hasn't scored a TD since his rookie year.

Why do you keep bringing up 2009 while ignoring 2010.

Last year his drops were way down and he was 2nd as a number 2 TE only behind whoever you consider number 2 in NE, he would have led 10 teams in receptions from the TE position.

Its funny that you can rember articles from 2009 but last year is a blur for you when talking about Bennett.

Top Bottom