cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think we should just cut the draft off after 2 rounds.

Which reminds me of Laz suggesting that I don't think we should have later rounds.

Not at all what I am saying. I am saying that 6th and 7th round picks should not be expected to start as rookies. If your 6th rounder, 7th rounder, or Undrafted Rookie Free Agent is starting the season opener it almost always mean something has gone horribly wrong.

Bob and Laz..same train of thought. Awesome.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Which reminds me of Laz suggesting that I don't think we should have later rounds.

Not at all what I am saying. I am saying that 6th and 7th round picks should not be expected to start as rookies. If your 6th rounder, 7th rounder, or Undrafted Rookie Free Agent is starting the season opener it almost always mean something has gone horribly wrong.

They shouldn't be expected to start, but if they do, it just makes for a pleasant surprise. And it doesn't mean that something went horribly wrong. Maybe the guy really busted his tail and has a chip on his shouklder in thinking that he should have been drafted higher.

Reaction score
Nagy is the weak link in the line - no question.

I thought he played better than Davis did last year though. And he's better than Holland, Proctor, or anyone else we've started at guard.

Will Nagy be a starter 2 years from now? Most likely no. But he'll be a valuable/versatile reserve lineman on our team. I think.

Reaction score

This.

Romo, Austin, Witten, James, Ratliff ect were not brought in and expected to start. They all had time to develop, to be role players. To learn the NFL game.

Reaction score
They shouldn't be expected to start, but if they do, it just makes for a pleasant surprise. And it doesn't mean that something went horribly wrong. Maybe the guy really busted his tail and has a chip on his shouklder in thinking that he should have been drafted higher.

I don't think thats is the situation here. Nagy starts because of lack of options. As cmd said, thats a sign of being unprepared.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am done debating over Nagy. I hope like hell he plays well. I also hope that if he doesn't work out, Jerry and the staff learn from it. I don't want or need to be right about him.

Nagy will get coached up this week and will need to be sharp against the 49ers Justin Smith, one of the better pass-rushing 3-4 DE's around. When asked to get to the second level he will have to get to the very speedy Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman (ILB's). He has his work cut out for him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I am done debating over Nagy. I hope like hell he plays well. I also hope that if he doesn't work out, Jerry and the staff learn from it. I don't want or need to be right about him.

Nagy will get coached up this week and will need to be sharp against the 49ers Justin Smith, one of the better pass-rushing 3-4 DE's around. When asked to get to the second level he will have to get to the very speedy Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman (ILB's). He has his work cut out for him.

No biggie, everyone handles those guys, am I right???

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Hi, NoDak.

Clever name you chose. I lol'd

'Sup, Sheik. I don't know if it's possible, but could you guys change my name to NoDak? No point in keeping it since sbk is gone. lol

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
'Sup, Sheik. I don't know if it's possible, but could you guys change my name to NoDak? No point in keeping it since sbk is gone. lol

The Force is not very strong with my Moderator powers. I tried to change your name but couldn't figure it out. Maybe the Admins can do it.

Top Bottom