Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Irrational? I'm stating my opinion. Are we here to just agree with each other all of the time?

No it's not and yes, you are just stating your opinion. Problem is though, your opinion is highly irrational and terribly short-sighted.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I could give a crap how many yards the offense racked up with him in there. That does not make him more than he is. Against the Jest he was constantly getting over powered at the point of attack, and on screens and pulls he did not even show an ability to get on his block and sustain it. He is the weak link in that line.

Who was overpowering him.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh yes CMD did.

I don't think he should be starting now. I'm not sure if he will ever be, but he definitely shouldn't be starting right now. In my always humble opinion.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm all for starting rookies...if they can play, like Smith.

Nagy did not prove he could play, he was just the best option of the pile of junk we tried trotting out there at guard.

Exactly. Thank you.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm all for starting rookies...if they can play, like Smith.

Nagy did not prove he could play, he was just the best option of the pile of junk we tried trotting out there at guard.

We cut an OG and a C who could potentially play OG and has in the past.

And Smith was flawless Sunday night. Yep, he made no mistakes and didn't get beat athletically at all.

Reaction score
We cut an OG and a C who could potentially play OG and has in the past.

I don't see how this helps your argument.

And Smith was flawless Sunday night. Yep, he made no mistakes and didn't get beat athletically at all.

Smith had is struggles, sure, but he also made plays and proved that he belongs in the NFL, and belongs in the starting line-up.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't see how this helps your argument.

He wasn't a de facto starter. He actually beat out people to earn it, including a higher pick. So we weren't able to trot out junk, he jettisoned them off the roster.

Rock Slamdance said:
Smith had is struggles, sure, but he also made plays and proved that he belongs in the NFL, and belongs in the starting line-up.

Name one exceptional play that he had? I mean, Romo had plenty of time all night and the running game was on point the whole game, am I right???

It's all about expectations, you guys expect Tyron Smith to be good even though he was kind of average Sunday night, but don't expect Nagy too. All because of draft status.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
BTW You can't compare Nagy to Smith. Smith is a once in 5 years OT that you will get in a draft.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hardly. I don't post at the zone but maybe once a month, if even that. But I have read your crap over there. Not much different from the crap you post here.

I'm a reg over at DCC and go by NoDak. I always liked Middie and Shiek when they were there, and when I heard they started a board, a stopped in to take a look around. I only chose this username to annoy sbk92. Was planning on starting an account with my reg name, but there are maybe 5 guys here that are even smart enough to spell I.Q. You are not one of them.

Hi, NoDak.

Clever name you chose. I lol'd

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly you have been irrational about him all preseason.

He played very well all preseason and you were still raging.

Now when you say irrational and raging was I using exclamation marks and/or typing in all caps?

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Now when you say irrational and raging was I using exclamation marks and/or typing in all caps?

Irrational meaning you have been using his draft position and college starts as reasoning to rage.

And now after a great showing by the offense your raging again, should the Jets be looking for new guards since they had no push in the running game as well?

Reaction score
He wasn't a de facto starter. He actually beat out people to earn it, including a higher pick. So we weren't able to trot out junk, he jettisoned them off the roster.

Name one exceptional play that he had? I mean, Romo had plenty of time all night and the running game was on point the whole game, am I right???

It's all about expectations, you guys expect Tyron Smith to be good even though he was kind of average Sunday night, but don't expect Nagy too. All because of draft status.

We did not jettison those players to pave the way for the great and powerful Nagy. Those were cost cutting moves. I don't care how many Arkins or Hollands he beat out, the guy is not ready to be starting in the NFL.

And I'm not trying to compare him to Smith. All I said is that Smith looked like he belonged out there. He had a couple of nice plays, and at the very least did not look as weak, lost, and un-athletic as Nagy. I'll take his pedigree alone for putting him out there opening night. Oh, even with the shaky knee he was playing on.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Irrational meaning you have been using his draft position and college starts as reasoning to rage.

And now after a great showing by the offense your raging again, should the Jets be looking for new guards since they had no push in the running game as well?

I guess I just don't see the rage part. I am here discussing Cowboys football with mostly intelligent Cowboy fans. My opinion that depending on a 7th round drafted rookie immediately was very poor planning. I am not upset or mad. Disappointed? Yes. Raged? No.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We did not jettison those players to pave the way for the great and powerful Nagy. Those were cost cutting moves. I don't care how many Arkins or Hollands he beat out, the guy is not ready to be starting in the NFL.

And I'm not trying to compare him to Smith. All I said is that Smith looked like he belonged out there. He had a couple of nice plays, and at the very least did not look as weak, lost, and un-athletic as Nagy. I'll take his pedigree alone for putting him out there opening night. Oh, even with the shaky knee he was playing on.

Dude he has looked very athletic, you are really being over the top now.

Top Bottom