dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, but how do they measure credited, by the guy who got the sack?

As Stanback pointed out, why do you think, for example, Dak was running to the outside in the first place? Because he got pressured up the middle.

So then Dak might have run right into the arms of the guy Steele was blocking.

I'm not saying that happened all 19 times. I'm not saying Steele played well. I'm saying there is a reason why Dak was flushed out, and since he is a right handed QB his tendency is going to be to run right.
None of the sacks that Steele was credited giving up are debatable.

Steele got whipped immediately on everyone of them.

He has been putrid all year and yesterday he had an epic clusterfuck of a game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only ones that are somewhat surprising to me are Prescott (thought he def played better than their grade), Tyler Smith (ditto), Hooker (did absolutely nothing and blew what should have been an easy pick on throw it up for grabs ball into endzone to Brown, but slowed down). Steele's overall grade is much higher than it should be because his run grade was "ok", but his pass rush grade was abysmal.

OFFENSE
  1. CeeDee Lamb – 90.3 (70 snaps)
  2. Tyron Smith – 80.5 (75 snaps)
  3. Jalen Tolbert – 78.4 (31 snaps)
  4. Jake Ferguson – 75.7 (67 snaps)
  5. Dak Prescott – 72.0 (75 snaps)
  6. Sean McKeon – 70.8 (9 snaps)
  7. Rico Dowdle – 64.1 (14 snaps)
  8. KaVontae Turpin – 62.7 (13 snaps)
  9. Tony Pollard – 62.1 (58 snaps)
  10. Chuma Edoga – 60.0 (2 snaps)
  11. Michael Gallup – 57.9 (36 snaps)
  12. Zack Martin – 57.9 (75 snaps)
  13. Hunter Luepke – 57.4 (5 snaps)
  14. Tyler Smith – 56.5 (75 snaps)
  15. Brandin Cooks – 52.0 (58 snaps)
  16. Tyler Biadasz – 51.6 (75 snaps)
  17. Luke Schoonmaker – 43.6 (12 snaps)
  18. Terence Steele – 31.7 (75 snaps) – (pass rush grade 15.0)
DEFENSE
  1. Sam Williams – 92.7 (12 snaps)
  2. DeMarcus Lawrence – 85.6 (38 snaps)
  3. Malik Hooker – 84.8 (48 snaps)
  4. Micah Parsons – 82.5 (51 snaps)
  5. Stephon Gilmore – 76.2 (62 snaps)
  6. DaRon Bland – 75.1 (62 snaps)
  7. Osa Odighizuwa – 70.4 (40 snaps)
  8. Dante Fowler – 66.4 (9 snaps)
  9. Chauncey Golston – 64.4 (15 snaps)
  10. Dorance Armstrong – 58.4 (26 snaps)
  11. Jayron Kearse – 55.7 (45 snaps)
  12. Damone Clark – 53.9 (57 snaps)
  13. Donovan Wilson – 53.4 (52 snaps)
  14. Markquese Bell – 50.4 (58 snaps)
  15. Jourdan Lewis – 47.3 (45 snaps)
  16. Johnathan Hankins – 43.2 (42 snaps)
  17. Neville Gallimore – 37.5 (8 snaps)
  18. Mazi Smith – 35.4 (12 snaps)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its probably a no-doubter for guys like Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Hurts & Burrow

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
None of the sacks that Steele was credited giving up are debatable.

Steele got whipped immediately on everyone of them.

He has been putrid all year and yesterday he had an epic clusterfuck of a game.
Okay, but why are we arguing about the idea that Biadiasz also had a bad game? Are you saying he didn't?

2/5ths of the OL struggled and that's not good.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, but why are we arguing about the idea that Biadiasz also had a bad game? Are you saying he didn't?

2/5ths of the OL struggled and that's not good.
I never said he had a good game or a bad game. He's average this year. He was much better before he got hurt though.

He's been nowhere near as bad as Steele though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Despite their record, the Eagles haven't exactly been world beaters. They could definitely lose a couple of these.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I honestly dont see what you are complaining about. CeeDee Lamb has been sensational the last 3 games and the offense has played its best football by getting it to him. His targets have gone up and the passing game production has gone up.

Eventually teams will start doubling Lamb every play or coming up with some other junk coverages to try and take him away. Then more opportunities will come for others.

Lamb is getting open and Prescott is throwing him the ball. It's what any good team would do.
It's not about Lamb. It's about winning the SB!

If Cooks catches 5 balls for 50 yards and Lamb catches 5 balls for 50 yards, that's not the same as Lamb catching 10 balls for 100 yards.

Statistically it's the same, but it doesn't compromise defenses long term the same way. It's not a "pick your poison" type of thing.

That's the problem.

It would be different if Cooks wasn't any good. Why did we trade for him?

Heck with pick we seemingly wasted on Cooks to be a decoy and the pick we wasted to get a 3rd string QB we might have gotten Derrick Henry.

I want better ball distribution. I'm not interested in Lamb's next paycheck.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not about Lamb. It's about winning the SB!

If Cooks catches 5 balls for 50 yards and Lamb catches 5 balls for 50 yards, that's not the same as Lamb catching 10 balls for 100 yards.

Statistically it's the same, but it doesn't compromise defenses long term the same way. It's not a "pick your poison" type of thing.

That's the problem.

It would be different if Cooks wasn't any good. Why did we trade for him?

Heck with pick we seemingly wasted on Cooks to be a decoy and the pick we wasted to get a 3rd string QB we might have gotten Derrick Henry.

I want better ball distribution. I'm not interested in Lamb's next paycheck.
Yeah sorry Aggie, you'd have a point if the offense werent playing better since Lamb's numbers have gone up, but thats not the case. The offense got better once they started targeting Lamb more.

And Prescott's numbers when targeting Lamb are astronomically high. He isnt forcing the ball to him jsut for the sake of getting him involved. He's getting open and Prescott is delivering the ball.

Now if you find me some repeated examples of Prescott settling for 1 yd completions to Lamb when Cooks or someone else is wide open downfield, then you have something there too. But Lamb's yds per catch the last 3 games is 16.7, 13.2 and 17.4 and for the season he has a career high yds per reception.

There is absolutely zero reason to NOT throw the ball to Lamb when he is open and gauging defenses. The players that need fewer targets are Gallup and Pollard, not Lamb. And Gallup's targets have been reduced the last two games (3 each)

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First down on the 5 yard line with 30 seconds to go pretty much summed up the rest of their fucked season. Dallas are not contenders but instead pretenders. I seriously don't care what they do the rest of the year, its over for them until Jerry fires himself.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thats what Olsen was alluding to during the broadcast, that Ferg didn't get the pick done correctly.

That said, Chris Simms posted this today. If he is correct, how is it that none of the refs and New York (league office ) didnt know this.

IMHO, that was a catch and TD with interference on the DB if you want to make a ticky tack call.

It was BS that the booth overruled a called TD on the field.

Pass Interference.JPG

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah sorry Aggie, you'd have a point if the offense werent playing better since Lamb's numbers have gone up, but thats not the case. The offense got better once they started targeting Lamb more.

And Prescott's numbers when targeting Lamb are astronomically high. He isnt forcing the ball to him jsut for the sake of getting him involved. He's getting open and Prescott is delivering the ball.

Now if you find me some repeated examples of Prescott settling for 1 yd completions to Lamb when Cooks or someone else is wide open downfield, then you have something there too. But Lamb's yds per catch the last 3 games is 16.7, 13.2 and 17.4 and for the season he has a career high yds per reception.

There is absolutely zero reason to NOT throw the ball to Lamb when he is open and gauging defenses. The players that need fewer targets are Gallup and Pollard, not Lamb. And Gallup's targets have been reduced the last two games (3 each)
Well, who were they targeting when they weren't targeting Lamb more?

It wasn't Cooks!

So maybe, just maybe, the offense will be playing even better with better ball distribution. I do think Dak is capable of doing that. He did it with Kellen Moore.

The run game also needs to be better, which is why I brought up Henry. That might actually help Steele because run blocking is what Steele at least used to do best.

It's Jamar Chase AND Tee Higgins. An offense is deadlier when there are two WRs (or more) to worry about.

Did you think Cooks would be used this way when we got him?

It's as if we aren't using him so we can get the pick back.

So when a team does take Lamb away, we are all going to wonder why there is no connection between Cooks and Dak when they haven't been working on it in games all year.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Yep, was mind numbingly lousy call. One of numerous ref fuck ups in the 2nd half.
Check it out dbair. I've about had with these refs. If were against any other team, I'd probably let it slide, BUT, it was against the Eagles. Either way, Dallas outplayed them & would have won even with the mistakes & didn't because of the calls.

Below is a good read. (And yes, your buddy Steele is mentioned lol)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...p&cvid=69312f0e46394bbced42c6a683049817&ei=17

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's Jamar Chase AND Tee Higgins. An offense is deadlier when there are two WRs (or more) to worry about.
Jamar Chase has 93 targets and Tee Higgins has 51. The player 3rd in targets for them is also a WR (Tyler Boyd). They hardly throw to anyone else.

Second, Higgins has caught barely 50% of the balls thrown to him. But for the entire team, they have 6 guys with 10+ receptions and 6 guys with a receiving TD. Sound familiar?

Cooks will eventually get more chances, as I mentioned in the other post Gallup's targets and snap counts have started trending downward in recent weeks and I suspect that will continue. Between him and Pollard, they are responsible for too many targets with not enough production. Lamb is tearing up the league and Jake Ferguson is proving to be a very legit TE threat. Until teams show they can take those guys away, that's where the passing game should go most of the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IMHO, that was a catch and TD with interference on the DB if you want to make a ticky tack call.

It was BS that the booth overruled a called TD on the field.

View attachment 12232
If Chris Simms is correct, then it's definitely a TD. What's not debatable is Schoon's left knee is down when the ball (initially) is short of the GL. However if he hasnt completed the catch yet, then his knee can't be used to rule him "down" at that point (which is the point Simms makes)

If Prescott had come off him and thrown to Cooks, it would have been an easy TD. Obviously the play was designed for the TE and Prescott did make a good throw and Schoon a good catch. It's just unfortunate it had to be that close to the GL.

Top Bottom