dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm telling you, he despises Cowboy fans for being suckers and not loving him like he so desperately covets
He could have 100% been the most loved owner in the history of sports. He had it made.

Cowboys fans HATED Bum Bright and were so happy when he (Jerruh) bought the team. Then he did what any GOOD owner would do, and let the football man in the room really run the team. People "hated" him for firing Landry, but as much as I loved Landry it was 3 or 4 years overdue. He was an absolute shell of himself as a HC by the time the mid 80's rolled around. He kept saying he would not retire until he "fixed" the Cowboys, but that was never going to happen.

Enter Jimmy, who was brash and brilliant. He quickly became the dominant football man in the league (coaching wise and personnel wise) and they built an all-time great team. All Jerry had to do was keep the status quo going, but his ego wouldn't let him do that. Now granted, Jimmy said he didn't want to stay for the full 10 years anyway but the way this went down and then Jerruh's complete fuckup year after year as a "general manager" made people hate him, and they still hate him today because he can't do the right thing. And people hate him even more for this refusal to put Jimmy in the ROH.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
- dak is a top 10 qb, but he finds ways to implode, especially in big moments
The desperation to call Dak a top 10 QB has always been laughable to me. Lets face it, at best he is mid pack, but for arguments sake lets say he is top 10. If he is top 10 doesnt that say more about the shit play of the 22 QBs beneath him? I dont care that he beats shit teams in Sept and Oct (used to anyway). For me its always about the playoffs. I understand this is an unfair comparison and football is a team sport. However Staubach for example played 8 full season as starter with 13 total playoff wins. Aikman 12 total playoff wins. Dak in 8 years two playoff wins, one against a team with a losing record that shouldnt have been in the playoffs to begin with, the other Zeke ran wild. OK rant over but someone logically explain to me how being a top 10 QB matters in this case when clearly he doesnt elevate team mates and is highly unlikely to take them any further in the playoffs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The desperation to call Dak a top 10 QB has always been laughable to me. Lets face it, at best he is mid pack, but for arguments sake lets say he is top 10. If he is top 10 doesnt that say more about the shit play of the 22 QBs beneath him? I dont care that he beats shit teams in Sept and Oct (used to anyway). For me its always about the playoffs. I understand this is an unfair comparison and football is a team sport. However Staubach for example played 8 full season as starter with 13 total playoff wins. Aikman 12 total playoff wins. Dak in 8 years two playoff wins, one against a team with a losing record that shouldnt have been in the playoffs to begin with, the other Zeke ran wild. OK rant over but someone logically explain to me how being a top 10 QB matters in this case when clearly he doesnt elevate team mates and is highly unlikely to take them any further in the playoffs.
Man... perfect summation of... Romo

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Man... perfect summation of... Romo
Romo got is fair share of criticism but you're comment seems to be implying Dak's criticism must be a black thang! Hardly, he deserves it like Danny White did too. Dak Sucks doo doo!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo got is fair share of criticism but you're comment seems to be implying Dak's criticism must be a black thang! Hardly, he deserves it like Danny White did too. Dak Sucks doo doo!
You haven't been around enough to know I've long complained they turned Dak into Romo. They won't let him play the game his way, like he did early on. The first 2-3 years. And they've succeeded. It's got nothing to do with skin pigmentation.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I see Money Maher is back. He’s missed 2 kicks so far in todays rams game!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
BB will be playing chess today while Dak will be playing checkers.

Dak is going to look like a deer caught in the headlights.

Or in other words, BB is going to make Dak look like Dak

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You haven't been around enough to know I've long complained they turned Dak into Romo. They won't let him play the game his way, like he did early on. The first 2-3 years. And they've succeeded. It's got nothing to do with skin pigmentation.

They've succeeded? Play the game his way? I don't know of a damn team that gave a scrub QB as much talent and attention than Dak. Best OL? Check. Top RB(s)? Check. Trade for #1 WR after he shit on a previous #1? Check. Made the O Dak friendly? Check. Use high picks for WR's? Check.

The guy can't go through his progressions and usually locks onto his first option. He is what he is and it's not because they turned Dak into Romo.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parsons is out with an ankle injury

Just what we fucking need!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
a sack strip fumble scoop and score

And a pick six in the first half

In Dan Quinn we trust

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have to admit I never saw 28-3 coming, although I hope it works out better than the last 28-3 Dan Quinn was involved with against the Pats.

Redzone offense is still poor and even though the D has two great turnover TDs, the pass rush has been spotty at best, and the Pats had struggled with pass protection their first 3 games (2nd worst in the league based on pass rush win rate by an OL)

Parsons injury is really concerning, even though he has come back in the game. Def a concern.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
31-3 is great, but I think its to the point now where they have to go back to drawing board inside the 20, and especially inside the 10.

This is just atrocious redzone offense.

0/3 now today after the debacle of the last two weeks down there.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On the 6 fucking yard line Zak fades back 10 yards to pass, he should have released that ball in 2 seconds, fuck him

Top Bottom