icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i listen to 98.5 the sports hub, its the biggest sports radio station in new england and they do the patriots games up here

they're discussing the DAL vs. NE game coming up w/ patriots journalist mike giardi

some of the things they talked about:

- dak is a top 10 qb, but he finds ways to implode, especially in big moments
- he sees the patriots able to take advantage
- he thinks patriots defense can embarrass DAL's offense
- thinks they're in for another close game
- thinks diggs injury really effected DAL's defense emotionally
- stephon gilmore is still a really good player (former patriot the year he won DPOY)
- rookie CB christian gonzales is going to be a problem for DAL, he's locked down better receivers than lamb
- definitely would pick patriots to cover the spread

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i listen to 98.5 the sports hub, its the biggest sports radio station in new england and they do the patriots games up here

they're discussing the DAL vs. NE game coming up w/ patriots journalist mike giardi

some of the things they talked about:

- dak is a top 10 qb, but he finds ways to implode, especially in big moments
- he sees the patriots able to take advantage
- he thinks patriots defense can embarrass DAL's offense
- thinks they're in for another close game
- thinks diggs injury really effected DAL's defense emotionally
- stephon gilmore is still a really good player (former patriot the year he won DPOY)
- rookie CB christian gonzales is going to be a problem for DAL, he's locked down better receivers than lamb
- definitely would pick patriots to cover the spread
Hard to disagree with much that he said, other than the Christian Gonzalez thing and specifically his comment on Lamb (almost as if he thinks Lamb is chopped liver).

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hard to disagree with much that he said, other than the Christian Gonzalez thing and specifically his comment on Lamb (almost as if he thinks Lamb is chopped liver).
gonzalez has faced PHI, MIA, and NYJ

aj brown, devonte smith, hill, waddle, and garrett wilson

it is true that belichick knows how to scheme things up to eliminate the top guy..... but gonzalez is getting attention for his coverage ability and he is a freak athlete like a lot of oregon players. belichick says gonzalez reminds him of stephon gilmore, who won DPOY as a patriot. belichick rarely compliments his own players

unlike last time vs. NE, lamb isnt going up against jalen mills

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
gonzalez has faced PHI, MIA, and NYJ

aj brown, devonte smith, hill, waddle, and garrett wilson

it is true that belichick knows how to scheme things up to eliminate the top guy..... but gonzalez is getting attention for his coverage ability and he is a freak athlete like a lot of oregon players. belichick says gonzalez reminds him of stephon gilmore, who won DPOY as a patriot. belichick rarely compliments his own players

unlike last time vs. NE, lamb isnt going up against jalen mills
Yeah I know Gonzalez has looked pretty good, but he's also a rookie and Lamb is pretty damn good.

Pats defense is good though and Belichick knows what he is doing. They held Miami to a season low in points and dominated the Jets offense just as much as we did (just without the turnovers)

I don't have any illusions of us hanging 30-35 on them, am actually more worried they might hang 30+ on us.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pats defense is good though and Belichick knows what he is doing.
He's an expert in shutting off the water of the West Coast offense. Did it to Montana in his heyday. He's done it every time he's come up against it. I've had this game marked as a big fat L as soon as I saw it on the schedule.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This guy at CBS thinks we have a Prescott problem too.

New England (1-2) at Dallas (2-1)​

4:25 p.m. ET (Fox)

I'm not sure what rock bottom is in the NFL, but getting blown out by the Cardinals has to be pretty close. I mean, I'd rather give up 70 points in a game than get boat raced by the Cardinals.

As someone who picked the Cowboys to make the Super Bowl this year, I have to say, I'm highly concerned with what I've seen so far. Sure, they're 2-1, but after watching them play for three weeks, I'm starting to think their offense might not be that good. I'm not sure if it's Dak Prescott's fault or if it's Mike McCarthy's fault (now that he's calling plays), but it's someone's fault.

In Week 1, the Cowboys beat the Giants 40-0, a score that makes it look like the offense had a huge game, but that's not what happened. In that game, Dak Prescott didn't even throw for 150 yards and he completed just 54.7% of his passes. That's not great.

In Week 2, the Cowboys beat the Jets 30-10. Once again, the score makes it look like the Cowboys offense rolled, but once again, that wasn't the case. Dak was much better in that game, but the defense forced four turnovers, which is a big reason why the blowout happened.

In Week 3, Dak got outplayed by a guy (Joshua Dobbs) who had only been with his team for ONE month before beating the Cowboys (Dobbs was traded to Arizona on Aug. 24). If your franchise QB gets outplayed by a quarterback who's only been on his team for one month, that's a problem.

What I'm trying to say here is that the Cowboys offense has been struggling all season and Bill Belchick is the last guy you want to face when your offense is struggling. I mean, Belichick devised a defense that held the Dolphins to 24 points in Week 2, which right now I think qualifies as one of the best game plans in NFL history considering the Dolphins put up 70 on Sunday.

I think Belichick out-coaches McCarthy and let's Ezekiel Elliott score two touchdowns on his old team in a game where the Patriots pull off the upset.

The pick: Patriots 23-20 over Cowboys

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
A week ago, I was pretty sure we were starting 4-0. Now, 2-2 is a very real probability. If Bill's smart, and he is, their offense is going to attack the same areas of the defense that the Cardinals ran roughshod over. On defense it wouldn't surprise me if they try to bottle up Pollard, double team Lamb, and make Dak beat them with the rest of the receivers.
If Dak plays better, if the defense gets back on track, if there are no more significant injurites and IF the whole team can put last week and Diggs absence out of their minds the Cowboys might win. Lotta ifs, but I'm going to roll the dice. I'll call it 24-20 Cowboys, but no way in hell I'd put money on it...

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We lose this game
We won’t be able to stop the run
MM is going to get out coached again by BB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
For the morons out there whining that Miami "ran up the score" last week, I present to you - Jimmy Johnson.

Screenshot_20230928-093926-531.png

Top Bottom