Reaction score
So what's worse? Throwing a pick trying to force the ball on 4th down or throwing it 10 yards short with no chance at all?

If it's your last chance, then go for broke is my opinion. That ball has to go beyond the 1st down marker at the very least. Throwing up a near hopeless prayer is better than rolling over to die in my world.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are my eyes deceiving me or do the skins look pretty good? Ive seen a few of their games and their defense plays with a lot of intensity I don't recall ever seeing from the Cowboys

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well Yim, its like this, they certainly have had a better showing in KC than we did in Denver. And BTW I dont think Gruden is ever gonna make anybody forget Lombardi, so theres that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Josh Norman leaves game with injured rib

Well it looks like the rest of the league is trying to help the Cowboys out by injuring our competition

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Skins do look good. Totally agree with yim about the defensive intensity. Maybe that Raiders game wasn't a fluke.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We only run the same plays over and over if they are not working. When the other team shows they cannot stop those plays is when the coaching staff stops calling them.

Runs the game like it's practice. Run it over again and again until we get it right.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I was just pouring over the stats and a couple of the more interesting ones were connected and jumped out. Dez had 5 catches on 13 targets, Dak went 20 for 36. Basically trying to force the ball to Dez accounted for half Dak's incompletions. Thirteen targets to a guy who has a hard time getting open goes back to coaching. Outcome of the game could have been different if even half those incompletions had gone for positive yardage. Really mind boggling that this shit is obvious to fans but not so much to those in charge.

That's more of the coaches probably telling Dak to get the bal,l to Dez at all costs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wait- it's LEGAL for a quarterback to throw the ball BEYOND the line to gain, on a 3rd and medium play? We don't HAVE to throw it several yards short of that line and expect our receiver to break three tackles to get the first down? I just saw that shit happen in this KC game. Would someone please tell OUR guys this shit? Could make a big difference in our games!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
maybe the skins D is playing too intense, they keep knocking themselves out of the game. I think they'v lost t least 4 players on D

Thats the Cowboys path to the Super Bowl, massive and I mean MASSIVE injuries across the board, league-wise except for the cowpokes

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We don't HAVE to throw it several yards short of that line and expect our receiver to break three tackles to get the first down?

The best is when they throw a 2 yard pass to Grandpa Witten and expect him to pick up 8 yards on his athleticism.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The best is when they throw a 2 yard pass to Grandpa Witten and expect him to pick up 8 yards on his athleticism.
Backna day that worked on a regular basis. Maybe that's why Ginger thinks it's a actual football play to call.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wait- it's LEGAL for a home crowd to be SO loud and boisterous that it disrupts the signal calling of the opposing quarterback? I just saw that shit happen in this KC game. Would someone please tell OUR guys this shit? Could make a big difference in our games!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is anyone in the local media calling out Garrett? I seem to recall as to how Wade was a whipping boy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is anyone in the local media calling out Garrett? I seem to recall as to how Wade was a whipping boy.

Wade never made COTY and has a hick Texas accent. Garrett sounds and talks word salad like Obama and has the COTY.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Jesse Holley did on the postgame, but other that that, no. Mostly questions about Dez and the defense, and asking why the OL isn't as good as last year. Virtually nothing on our Ivy League Idiot.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Speaking of Dez. Greg Jennings was recently saying how Dez comes off the line so badly. That he stays big allowing corners to easily bump him off his route.

The dude is just terrible at getting open and giving Dak a clean target.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of Dez. Greg Jennings was recently saying how Dez comes off the line so badly. That he stays big allowing corners to easily bump him off his route.

Hmm, I might be out on a limb here but, if this is obvious to Greg Jennings, could it be that it obvious to every DC and DB coach in the league?

Top Bottom