bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Except, if he could PLAY his "offensive speech" wouldn't matter. He is out of a job because he can't play worth a shit.

not so sure about that anymore. his US bashing on July 4th might have been the final straw.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You forget Skyler Green who was probably more accomplished than Switzer and LSU is a bigger program where football is concerned.

The Red Idiot is the one who spoke with Lucky and the one who said he didn't believe him. He's still the coach. He's still the messenger. And you know what. I couldn't give two shits about Whitehead if the guy could coach. But he's lost at that as well.

I didn't forget Skyler Green. I think Switzer is a far better prospect than he was. You also need to brush up on some college stats before you tell me he was more accomplished. The numbers arnt even remotely close (receiving or returns)

And sure Red Boob talked to Whitehead and said he didn't believe him, but it also still wasn't solely his call on dumping him either and you know that. Jones once said if there was a player Garrett didn't want on the roster that he wouldn't be here, but we've seen firsthand since that day (the PC the day Garrett got the permanent job) that Garrett has very little actual say on who is here or who isn't. he might have suggested Whitehead be cut, but Jones/Jones/McClay signed off on it and I suspect the only reason they did is because they knew Whitehead has no shot to make the team anyway.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And sure Red Boob talked to Whitehead and said he didn't believe him, but it also still wasn't solely his call on dumping him either and you know that. Jones once said if there was a player Garrett didn't want on the roster that he wouldn't be here, but we've seen firsthand since that day (the PC the day Garrett got the permanent job) that Garrett has very little actual say on who is here or who isn't. he might have suggested Whitehead be cut, but Jones/Jones/McClay signed off on it and I suspect the only reason they did is because they knew Whitehead has no shot to make the team anyway.
But.... It was solely Ginger's call not to put Romo back as the starter after he healed?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't forget Skyler Green. I think Switzer is a far better prospect than he was. You also need to brush up on some college stats before you tell me he was more accomplished. The numbers arnt even remotely close (receiving or returns)

Yes, let's compare the stats from a guy who played and contributed to a national championship team to a guy that played for the football powerhouse of North Carolina. I guess Paul Palmer was a better RB than Emmitt.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Saw this just now. I've always thought this is what they should be doing in the draft.

About that I am not sure how Dak manged to develop because the staff doesnt have anybody capable of it but supposedly they were in on Brad Kaaya in the 6th round this year. I didnt see it in him but apparently there somebody did.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dude hasn't seen his own dick in decades. But "everywhere he looks" there are fans who are thrilled with that presser? Says more about the sunshine pumping echo chambers you frequent than the "real fans." Tha fuck outta here.

By everywhere he looks I assume he is referring to the three other people that post on what is called? Cowboys lonely?

Reaction score
Yes, let's compare the stats from a guy who played and contributed to a national championship team to a guy that played for the football powerhouse of North Carolina. I guess Paul Palmer was a better RB than Emmitt.

Skyler was definitely faster than both Lucky and Switzer but I remember Parcells really having to work with him on fundamentals with PR and I think Skyler may have been missing a frontal lobe.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Now you are being a Zoner

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Skyler was definitely faster than both Lucky and Switzer but I remember Parcells really having to work with him on fundamentals with PR and I think Skyler may have been missing a frontal lobe.

I don't think Green was. he and Switzer ran about the same, low 4.5's

I don't remember what Lucky ran but I thought he was faster than both Green and Swizter (timed speed anyway)

Reaction score
I don't think Green was. he and Switzer ran about the same, low 4.5's

I don't remember what Lucky ran but I thought he was faster than both Green and Swizter (timed speed anyway)

Switzer low 4.5s
Lucky was Pro Day at 4.41/40 (unofficial) and other places have him as 4.48.
Skyler Green was featured in The Speed Issue of The Sporting News in 2006 or 07 along with Harvin and McFadden etc. He supposedly ran a 4.33 although he is listed as 4.44

Doesn't matter because I have a new front runner to my constant imploring to gain speed on an offense that needs speed:

Cowboys workout WR who ran 4.3 40-yard dash to replace Lucky Whitehead | Cowboys Wire

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Skyler Green was featured in The Speed Issue of The Sporting News in 2006 or 07 along with Harvin and McFadden etc. He supposedly ran a 4.33 although he is listed as 4.44

Skyler Green proday workout:

Skyler Green WR Green (5-9, 193) ran his 40s in 4.52 and 4.50 seconds. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.20 and the three-cone drill in 6.84. He had a 34-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot broad jump.

LSU Pro Day Results | TigerFan.com - LSU Sports Forum

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll try to find the TSN issue. He wouldn't be featured for 4.52

I remember people making a big deal out of how fast he supposedly was, but I also remember thinking it was a huge letdown once we actually saw him on the field.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Final straw since, he can't play anyway.

The only way Kap plays this season is if a major starter gets Teddy Bridgewatered and is a loss for the entire season.

Other than that I doubt he plays in this league again especially if he doesn't land somewhere this season

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
About that I am not sure how Dak manged to develop because the staff doesnt have anybody capable of it but supposedly they were in on Brad Kaaya in the 6th round this year. I didnt see it in him but apparently there somebody did.

Dak developed in spite of our coaching and certainly not because of it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak developed in spite of our coaching and certainly not because of it

Linehan is an excellent coach. There's no doubt he played a role in Prescott's development and the way he played on the field. Between the talent level of the offense, Linehan's game planning and playcalling and Prescott's tremendous work ethic, you get success.

That said, Wade Wilson deserves credit for really banging the table on Prescott.

Top Bottom