dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So why not cut him before the alleged incident? I have no issue cutting guys like Whitehead. But he was cut to make a statement when the idiot HC thought it was Lucky that got arrested. And isn't it ironic after the "history" of fuck-ups (your words) that Lucky gets cut when he didn't fuck up? I mean, what is that? What statement did it make? This team is run by a bunch of football people who aren't qualified to coach a high school team.

Who cares. The guy looked like he was involved in something stupid (again) and wasn't going to make the team.

I don't care if he was cut to be an "example". So what? It's about damn time the franchise does stuff like that. He was a fuckup player that wasn't very good on the field. Message, don't be a fuckup player off the field if you arnt very good on it.

I really have zero problem with this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And I'll say this. Garrett made a mistake trying to be a tough hombre and all it did was make him look like the idiot fucking dolt he really is.

Now, if Garrett went out and stated that he was wrong in accusing Lucky and should have waiting for the facts to come out, then he could salvage his image, IMO. But he won't. Garrett isn't accountable and never takes the heat for his guys. He's thrown better men like Romo to the wolves so he won't blink when it comes to a B player like Lucky. On top of being stupid, he's a piece of shit too.

Garrett doesn't have any power to cut a player and you know that. Everybody knows Garrett does what he is told.

I'm sure he went to Stevie and Jerruh and said "lookit, we got a fuckup player and have a number of problems this offseason, we don't need any more distractions"

And then those guys and McClay decided to rid themselves of Whitehead.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why would you use a quasi celebrity's identity when you get arrested?
I read his real name also matches Lucky's.
So why not cut him before the alleged incident? I have no issue cutting guys like Whitehead. But he was cut to make a statement when the idiot HC thought it was Lucky that got arrested. And isn't it ironic after the "history" of fuck-ups (your words) that Lucky gets cut when he didn't fuck up? I mean, what is that? What statement did it make? This team is run by a bunch of football people who aren't qualified to coach a high school team.
Yes no matter the truth of the situation, without this "arrest" Lucky would have gone through training camp and preseason, before he was finally cut (if he was cut at all - lots can happen.) There is NO arguing this "arrest" didn't directly result in this really really early cut. There's simply no way for the Cowboys front office to spin this - you cut a guy over a alleged arrest, not believing his story and allowing this false arrest report to be the "last straw" in dealing with a marginal, problematic player.

It's bad optics regardless of any facts.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who cares. The guy looked like he was involved in something stupid (again) and wasn't going to make the team.

I don't care if he was cut to be an "example". So what? It's about damn time the franchise does stuff like that. He was a fuckup player that wasn't very good on the field. Message, don't be a fuckup player off the field if you arnt very good on it.

I really have zero problem with this.

If you want to cut a guy because he lacks talent, then so be it. It happens all the time in pro-sports. But then the question was why not do that at any time the last 3 years? Why now? \ Bottom line is that he was cut to make a statement but instead of making a statement, it just reaffirmed that this organization and it's HC are a flaming bunch of human waste.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read his real name also matches Lucky's.
Yes no matter the truth of the situation, without this "arrest" Lucky would have gone through training camp and preseason, before he was finally cut (if he was cut at all - lots can happen.) There is NO arguing this "arrest" didn't directly result in this really really early cut. There's simply no way for the Cowboys front office to spin this - you cut a guy over a alleged arrest, not believing his story and allowing this false arrest report to be the "last straw" in dealing with a marginal, problematic player.

It's bad optics regardless of any facts.

Exactly. If he was going to get cut at the end of camp, then so be it. But that's not what this was about (talent). The team gained nothing but egg on their face for how this evolved. And Garrett tries to be a tough guy and looks even more stupid than even I figured he could look. The optics are bad for a HC who's a proven idiot.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i know its a lot and if it was me, i probably wouldn't even read it all but:

the cowboys are a circus and had probably the worst off-season in the nfl next to the redskins and bears. and they did it by having drama off the field. which says a lot because i thought their roster moves were fine.

camp starts, david irving was still in los angeles waiting on a meeting with a new supplement sponsor or and didn't confirm whether they would meet in california or texas. that's the gist of what i've read. if that's true this guy was really just loafing around not making phone calls to confirm this? your livelihood is about to start (which gave you that opportunity for a supplement sponsorship) and you don't think to dot your i's and cross your t's? and btw, irving is suspended for the 1st 4 games for....yeah...failed drug test for banned performance-enhancing substances. we have a real winner on the dl and this is the guy we're hoping to capitalize on the "flashes" we've seen vs. tampa? good plan. maybe that's all talk outside the organization, but fuck this guy already.

and the always very vocal team leader, dez, late to camp. sinuses or whatever bullshit is what they tell the fans. but he threw giant block party the day before. and the dumbass hyped it up on social media too. stores had signs saying dez bought out all the meat for the party. and he's late to camp. nice way to set the tone. man of the people. dez you look like a fucking idiot. but hey don't question his dedication to the team!!! he plays hurt!! he don't care!! dez, you sound like a fucking idiot when he talks his game and does dumb shit like this. we spent all that money and this is what we have to show for it. my guess is he's acting out because he had to get rid of the monkey. i don't question his passion during a game or practice but he just embodies the fucking peckerheads on a team that you just want to roll your eyes at sometimes.

wilson may or may not matter on any other team, but he does to ours since our linebacker unit sucks and is held together with band-aids, rubber bands, AFOs, UFOs, etc. ya, let me go ahead and flash a gun in a parking lot to settle an argument i'm having.

then you have the beloved zeke. i swear they gotta call dikembe mutumbo to use one of his giant hands and slap zeke upside his giant head. how can somebody make that many poor decisions when you know (and have acknowledged publicly) that you're a focal point ("target") in the center of the football universe? who's advising him? is he completely out of touch with reality??? entitlement issues? i do remember that he's never been on a losing team or something to that effect his entire life.

all of that b/s tells me that they do not see garrett as an authoritative figure. jerry will bail them out because he's "the guy" which is of coarse very, very bad.

that's my take...not an original take at all since we've all been saying basically the same thing over and over again for the last 20 years.

it feels good to type it all out and not just hold it in.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Now, if Garrett went out and stated that he was wrong in accusing Lucky and should have waiting for the facts to come out, then he could salvage his image, IMO. But he won't. Garrett isn't accountable and never takes the heat for his guys. He's thrown better men like Romo to the wolves so he won't blink when it comes to a B player like Lucky. On top of being stupid, he's a piece of shit too.
Bingo, absolutely correct.

But then when has he ever admitted a mistake? He's never taken responsibility for any of his frickups. Remember when he froze Bailey, and before that we'd blown about 40 valuable seconds off the clock? And the media asked him what went on there? "I don't have a good answer for you on that."

Out of all his clock screwups to cost us games -- which most seasons meant the playoffs -- he's never once admitted he blew it. Not once. He just gives some BS answer about "We made the decision we thought was best at the time" type generic answer, and usually the media drones just nod and move on.

I'm just shocked the media didn't lap up his wooden, empty media routine today. Good for them.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm going to print up some fake news/media credentials for my trip to Oxnard just so I can get into the presser and ask Garrett and Jerry all the fucked up questions that the real media are too scared to ask him!

I'll say I'm a blogger from the Dallas Cowboy Universe!

So get your questions ready boys!

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But then when has he ever admitted a mistake? He's never taken responsibility for any of his frickups. Remember when he froze Bailey, and before that we'd blown about 40 valuable seconds off the clock? And the media asked him what went on there? "I don't have a good answer for you on that."

He's had plenty of fuckups, but his own special teams coach wanted that timeout. People even posted the clip of it after it happened.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now those two Lucky Whitehead threads are up to a combined 36+ pages.

Only at IdiotZone could something like that really take place.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you want to cut a guy because he lacks talent, then so be it. It happens all the time in pro-sports. But then the question was why not do that at any time the last 3 years? Why now? \ Bottom line is that he was cut to make a statement but instead of making a statement, it just reaffirmed that this organization and it's HC are a flaming bunch of human waste.

Because we really didn't have anybody better. Now we clearly do.

Again he had a history of fuckups and was a fringe player at best. Who cares if he was cut to "make a statement"??? He needed to be gone and now he is. He was a progress stopper.

That said, your idiot HC didn't make the call on that anyway. That's one of the big objections I have with your flawed thinking on this.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Because we really didn't have anybody better. Now we clearly do.

Again he had a history of fuckups and was a fringe player at best. Who cares if he was cut to "make a statement"??? He needed to be gone and now he is. He was a progress stopper.

That said, your idiot HC didn't make the call on that anyway. That's one of the big objections I have with your flawed thinking on this.
They sure showed that meanass Dale Hansen up though!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If he was a good player, he'd have been given the benefit of the doubt and wouldn't have been cut.

He wasn't any good. They knew with probably 99.9% certainty he wasn't making the team and he had a history of fuckups. That's why he was cut.

And knowing that he wasn't going to make the team might as well as give those reps to Noah Brown.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just saw an initial report that the rookie Jordon Lewis was found not guilty by the jury

Has anyone else seen a report on this?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I just saw an initial report that the rookie Jordon Lewis was found not guilty by the jury

Has anyone else seen a report on this?

Yea they've been talking about it on the Ticket and the Fan.

Top Bottom