Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
87d92fa69a7a3bd6fb9d76c113c14553.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with this whole heartedly. We have one of the worst coaching staffs in the NFL and Dak and Zeke lifted a 4-12 team to 13-3. If we had actual quality coaches who knows what Dak could be.

Of course you do.

Kudos to you for a couple of the dumbshit posts of the day by the way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's weird how we fans can see stuff sometimes. Dooley and Garrett raved about Street even though he had only decent (not great) size and no speed. A lot of us never understood why.

Guess we were right.

Didn't Street get picked up two different times by Belichick and the Pats?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't Street get picked up two different times by Belichick and the Pats?

Answer- yes in fact he did:

Career history
Dallas Cowboys (2014–2015)
New England Patriots (2016)*
Indianapolis Colts (2016)
New England Patriots (2017)*
New York Jets (2017)*
** Offseason and/or practice squad member only

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like Nolan Carroll is off to a really bad start these first few days, and really got beaten bad today several times I read.

Carroll probably has a suspension looming. Scandrick is said to be the healthiest he has been in 2+ years. Anthony Brown is coming off a nice rookie year and is likely one of the starting CB's. They drafted 3 rookie CB's and its possible all 3 make the team with two of them earning significant PT this year.

I think his roster spot for the season is far from a lock. In fact if he isn't a starter I doubt he makes the team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not that it matters because we have Kellen Moore to save the day if Dak goes down but I thought I'd post it since it is "sorta" news. Albeit unimportant news

a935ea71dcf50343a40fd401f1f97e49.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Willie McGinnest who was at camp today reported on NFLN that Taco got owned by La'el Collins all day long, and that's by a RT whose strength at this point isnt pass blocking.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Willie McGinnest who was at camp today reported on NFLN that Taco got owned by La'el Collins all day long, and that's by a RT whose strength at this point isnt pass blocking.

Don't care. He's a DE drafted at the end of the 1st rd. He's gonna take time to develop.

I didn't expect Harvey Martin in his prime here from day one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys signing former Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman.

Backup QB Zac Dysert probably done for year with back injury. Another QB will almost assuredly have to be added.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

from what i've read, tank lawrence and demontre moore seem to be the standouts on the dline so far. moore had some nice 1-on-1s with tyron. and tank had moves on top of moves against the dummies.

tapper reportedly already getting cramps lol

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
JUST CHILL: 10 thoughts from Wednesday’s Cowboys practice
BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
chill@star-telegram.com
JULY 27, 2017 2:59 AM

OXNARD, CALIF.
Here my 10 thoughts from Wednesday’s Cowboys practice, the first day in pads:

1. All eyes were on linebacker Jaylon Smith. The good news was that he was in pads and on the field for the first time in 572 days dating back to his last game at Notre Dame when he suffered a devastating knee injury. He participated in eight plays on team drills and was around he ball on a couple of them. He was blocked very successfully at least four times. Again, getting on the field was the biggest step.

2. Quarterback Dak Prescott practiced without resting Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. He looked at ease and comfortable, making plays down the field to Terrance Williams and Brice Butler. Williams had a drop that he punted on to the next field.

3. Holes weren’t always plentiful for running back Ezekiel Elliott and he expressed his frustration at times. He was a big part of the passing game and Prescott will find ways to get him the ball.

4. There is a chance Prescott could be bigger part of the running game in 2017. With so much focus on Elliott, Prescott keeping on the zone read might be a regular feature in the offense. He ran it to perfection in practice and reeled off the biggest run of the day.

5. First-round pick Taco Charlton got rudely welcomed to the NFL when he was pancaked by right tackle La’el Collins in pass rush drills. He then got into a tiff with fellow rookie guard/tackle Dan Skipper, who got the best of Charlton in team drills. The two hard words and nearly got into a scuffle.

6. Rookie cornerback Chidobe Awuzie flashed some of his playmaking skills in one-one-one passing drills when he smothered receiver Brice Butler, forcing a tipped ball and an interception.

7. With Orlando Scandrick sidelined with a veterans day off, the best looking cornerbacak on the field was second-year man Anthony Brown. He stayed with the shifty Cole Beasley a couple of times in the slot. He had a better day than veteran Nolan Carroll.

8. Tackle Tyron Smith, guard Zack Martin and center Travis Frederick don’t seemingly break a sweat during pass rush drills. Smith rarely gets challenged while smothering defensive end Benson Mayowa. Frederick had the play of the day when he held off defensive tackle Cedric Thornton with one hand on one play and then layed on top off after knocking him to the ground on the next.

9. The Cowboys offense had too many fumbles during drills with receiver Terrance Williams, fullback Keith Smith and tight end Blake Jarwin putting the ball on the ground. There were also a couple of bad snaps to the quarterback.

10. There has been a lot of talking surrounding Jaylon Smith and with good reason. But don’t forget about his brother Rod Smith, who has a good shot to make the roster as the fourth running back if not No. 3. Smith runs well. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and is a good special teams performer.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Even worse off than Lucky is Devon Street. Jets cut him to sign Lucky. Where do you go when the worst team in the NFL cuts you? CFL or Arena League?

Possibly, though I don't hear about that happening very often. Sadly, some guys just fall out of football altogether which is a shame.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the NFL Network showing the Cowboys training camp more than the other teams combined?

I'm guessing it's about 90% Cowboys, 5% Panthers and 5% the rest of the league. Living in L.A. I expected to see a shit ton of Rams/Chargers coverage but they haven't showed them at all

I see the Cowboy camp updates and live practices more than ALL other teams combined. And that is not an exaggeration

Inside the NFL on the NFL Network is a nationally syndicated show right? I'm not in Texas so it's not like I would be getting a Texas/Dallas specific type feed

Cowboys get ratings. Doesn't matter if it is NFLN coverage or ESPN talking heads or Cowherd & Friends or primetime games. Not that many teams/people in sports accomplish that, so good on the Cowboys for doing so.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jets just claimed Lucky off waivers

Good luck in N.Y. buddy! LOL

Glad he landed on his feet after being ripped off by the Cowboys. The Jets are probably going at max 3-13 if not worse, so I hope Lucky enjoys NYC.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys get ratings. Doesn't matter if it is NFLN coverage or ESPN talking heads or Cowherd & Friends or primetime games. Not that many teams/people in sports accomplish that, so good on the Cowboys for doing so.

That's why no one is talking about Donte Fowler's problems in Jacksonville and yet Lucky fucking Whitehead is the leading story on Sportscenter, NFLN, and Fox.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The New York Jest.

Still chuckling, they cut Street to sign Whitehead, and I bet they think that's a improvement!

Reaction score
Signed Ronnie Hillman.

Let's just see the criteria for signing him:

From San Diego? Check
Played in Minnesota in Norvs offense? Check.
Needs offensive coaching? Nope. Played Coryell.
Blocking? Nope RBs are not allowed on the field during pass plays. WRs who can block better than catch are preferred.

Top Bottom