MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
81 jones just lost his chance at making the team after getting separation and dropping a TD

Yea, he's GOT to catch that pass. I actually think he lost the job last week though.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
On the long pass to TW. Did TW drop a catch he should have made, or was it a bad pass?

(My video could be better)

It was a good pass. Williams just waited for the ball to fall into his hands instead of attacking it in the air like you're supposed to. Trying hard to temper my expectations on Dak, but damn...he just looks SO GOOD.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Okay. I have seen more than enough of Showers. Not only is he a no talent lout, he's also just plain dumb to boot.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Even in that little interview, Dak just has "it" --the leadership and the likability. You can see why guys like playing for him.

That's the one thing Tony might have lacked until the last few years when his accomplishments started speaking for themselves. Tony has that slightly standoffish attitude at times. Dak has the charisma from the start.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Even in that little interview, Dak just has "it" --the leadership and the likability. You can see why guys like playing for him.

That's the one thing Tony might have lacked until the last few years when his accomplishments started speaking for themselves. Tony has that slightly standoffish attitude at times. Dak has the charisma from the start.

I agree. He comes across as being very humble. No arrogance at all.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Tony was all yuk-yuk and shit, Dak stays serious. I like that.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Okay. I have seen more than enough of Showers. Not only is he a no talent lout, he's also just plain dumb to boot.

He definitely needs to protect the ball but on that last scoring drive he looked pretty good. Got to keep in mind he's playing with the sparest of the spares right now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And then he performs well on a scoring drive.

That's ok Dooms, his stupidly showed on the last play of the game as he spiked the ball to stop the clock with :00 left on the clock

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He definitely needs to protect the ball but on that last scoring drive he looked pretty good. Got to keep in mind he's playing with the sparest of the spares right now.
Hopefully he's not on the active roster, needs moar time on the practice squad.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hopefully he's not on the active roster, needs moar time on the practice squad.

I wonder if they feel though that they have to keep him considering Romo tweeted his back.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wonder if they feel though that they have to keep him considering Romo tweeted his back.
Showers isn't any kind of answer at all if both Tony and Dak go down.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yes. Just because it's legal in Seattle it's still banned by the NFL. Just stay away from it while you're playing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just saw the Romo after game interview

He says his back is completely fine. They didn't even X-ray it. It doesn't hurt. And that the hit was just the perfect hit that crunched his back in the wrong way.

That's what he said about both broken clavicles. That they were fluke hits.... Blah blah blah

He did say that he feels better knowing his back can take a hit that bad and still come out fine

Let's see if he can even get out of bed tomorrow morning

Reaction score
Just saw the Romo after game interview

He says his back is completely fine. They didn't even X-ray it. It doesn't hurt. And that the hit was just the perfect hit that crunched his back in the wrong way.

That's what he said about both broken clavicles. That they were fluke hits.... Blah blah blah

He did say that he feels better knowing his back can take a hit that bad and still come out fine

Let's see if he can even get out of bed tomorrow morning

Romo is finished. We are just in the denial stage right now. The dude was left writhing in pain after a "hit" that wouldn't bother most people in the slightest. His back is shot, and cannot take minor abuse at this point. The last few times he's been touched he's broken his collarbone twice, and now tweaked his back significantly despite what they are claiming in the press.

This is exactly what I thought would happen, and expected a sub 6 win season because of it, however Dak at least gives some hope because right now he runs the offense better than Romo does for the mere fact that he can get out there without getting killed every time he's tackled.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Romo can't take a fucking hit

I'm so sick of his made of glass body letting the team down

Smh. Not saying Romo doesn't have his problems staying healthy, but all 32 QB's are injured to some degree on that play. Its not Romo "not being able to take a hit."

Reaction score
Smh. Not saying Romo doesn't have his problems staying healthy, but all 32 QB's are injured to some degree on that play. Its not Romo "not being able to take a hit."

The hit Romo took was nothing. The average person shakes that one off with no problems. Romo is made of glass and has been knocked out of three of his last four starts. It ain't a criticism of Romo, just an observation at this point. Time has taken its toll on him.

Reaction score
Romo has taken a lot of physical abuse over his career ... and it has taken its toll.

Not insulting the man, but questioning the continued viability of his body. Is he now too vulnerable to injury to be a viable starting QB?

Romo is reminding me of a frail elderly family member. As positively as you may feel about them, deep down you know they aren't going to get better, they aren't going to recapture their youth. Instead, they are in decline ... in the middle of their end game. It is sad to see, but it is a part of life.

Top Bottom