bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
hmmm. I notice that Sanchez greets Dak enthusiastically on the sideline, but not Tony. and his best buddy, Witten, is also stingy with the Dak love. probably a coincidence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
hmmm. I notice that Sanchez greets Dak enthusiastically on the sideline, but not Tony. and his best buddy, Witten, is also stingy with the Dak love. probably a coincidence.

I see Romo smiling from time to time, but you are right. The enthusiasm Sanchez and others show for Prescott is much more noticeable.

There were a couple times vs Cinci and yesterday vs GB where they showed Romo and it appeared to me that its sunk in on him now, that his time is probably done here.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You all check out the next 5 games for the Eagles?

Minnesota
@ Dallas
@ New York Giants
Atlanta
@ Seattle

That doesn't look good, after the way they started.

Where's that thread where someone said that the Eagles were going to run away with it, and leave the rest of the division behind?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eagles - Cowboys
Minnesota - BYE
@ Dallas - Philadelphia
@ New York Giants - @ Cleveland
Atlanta - @ Pittsburgh
@ Seattle - Baltimore

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Troy said on his Ticket show a couple weeks ago that no QB in that situation is truly happy. Said he was the same way in 91 when he got hurt and Beuerlein won that stretch of games.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I see Romo smiling from time to time, but you are right. The enthusiasm Sanchez and others show for Prescott is much more noticeable.

There were a couple times vs Cinci and yesterday vs GB where they showed Romo and it appeared to me that its sunk in on him now, that his time is probably done here.

If I was Tony and I had 20 million in my pocket, I'd just ask Jerry man to use me for something else to better the team i.e. Coach. But that's me. He needs to go out there and call it quits when he is banged up again.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Eagles - Cowboys
Minnesota - BYE
@ Dallas - Philadelphia
@ New York Giants - @ Cleveland
Atlanta - @ Pittsburgh
@ Seattle - Baltimore

My brother, let's laugh at this one this week.

db9de717f48bb745cdc367ddc4dc2c35.jpg

Reaction score
Troy said on his Ticket show a couple weeks ago that no QB in that situation is truly happy. Said he was the same way in 91 when he got hurt and Beuerlein won that stretch of games.

I still have a lot of the games recorded from back in that season. When Beuerlein came in to replace an injured Aikman in the huge upset of the undefeated Redskins by driving the bus competently, a visibly angry Aikman is seen walking off the field at the end of the game. Beuerlein then realing off 5 in a row including a playoff win over the Jim Harbaugh QB'd and Ditka coached Bears probably had Troy worried for his job. It sure lit a fire under his ass for 3 Super Bowls though!

BTW, Bill Bates had the game sealing pick of Harbaugh in that 91 wild card game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still have a lot of the games recorded from back in that season. When Beuerlein came in to replace an injured Aikman in the huge upset of the undefeated Redskins by driving the bus competently, a visibly angry Aikman is seen walking off the field at the end of the game. Beuerlein then realing off 5 in a row including a playoff win over the Jim Harbaugh QB'd and Ditka coached Bears probably had Troy worried for his job. It sure lit a fire under his ass for 3 Super Bowls though!

BTW, Bill Bates had the game sealing pick of Harbaugh in that 91 wild card game.

This isn't exactly the way it happened. Aikman was angry because he knew the knee was fucked, he pounded his fist in the ground when it happened because he knew it was bad and he was going to miss time. They were also winning the game when he came out.

I was at the Atlanta game that ended the season (the game where Emmitt won his 1st rushing title) and the PA guy actually announced Aikman even though he wasn't a starter -he announced him as "and ready if called upon". Jimmy supposedly debated hard about whether to start or at least play Aikman in that game to get him ready for the playoff game the following week, but changed his mind because he didn't think Aikman was really 100% and stuck with Buerlein. Buerlein played ok vs Chicago but like the rest of the team was awful the following week vs Detroit and got benched.

There was never any point where Buerlein was a threat to Aikman as a permanent starter. I was at training camp in 1992 and there was never any "competition" for the starting job. Aikman was the starter from day one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Clapper in action postgame

[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/10/17/jason-garrett-locker-room-speech-after-packers-win[/video]

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Clapper in action postgame

[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/10/17/jason-garrett-locker-room-speech-after-packers-win[/video]

yawn

I wonder what all the players think about all the double taps in his speech?

double taps in his speech?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd give the Jets Romo and our #1 pick next year for Leonard Williams and be pretty happy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another guy I'd be calling about if I were the Cowboys is Bears pass rusher Willie Young. Wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get I wouldn't think either.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd give the Jets Romo and our #1 pick next year for Leonard Williams and be pretty happy.

Yeah, I doubt they would do it.

They might send us Sheldon Richardson though, 2017 is the last year of his deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom