Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
No more DTs. We need edge rushers. I'd move Irving to DT full-time. Him, McClain, Thornton and Maliek are a good enough group there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No more DTs. We need edge rushers. I'd move Irving to DT full-time. Him, McClain, Thornton and Maliek are a good enough group there.

CMD would know for sure, but I thought Williams played some DE at USC too. He's pretty damn athletic for someone as big as he is.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Two things, if they were dumb enough to offer Williams, you take him. He's basically Reggie White Part 2.

Second, ff they offered Sheldon Richardson (and a pick), I'd consider it. He's a true 3tech and would make this defense better. He's had some off-field troubles but on the field, he's a disruptive interior rusher.

LDE Tyrone Crawford
3TECH Sheldon Richardson
1TECH Terrell McClain
RDE Demarcus Lawrence

Then you draft a LB (depending on Jaylon Smith) and a S, and the defense is a force.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CMD would know for sure, but I thought Williams played some DE at USC too. He's pretty damn athletic for someone as big as he is.
He's best inside, but he is a force. He could play 3 spots (except RDE) on a 4-man front.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's best inside, but he is a force. He could play 3 spots (except RDE) on a 4-man front.

Yeah he'd be a huge get and could play all over. Maybe 4-3 LDE on run downs, kick inside on pass downs.

Like you said though probably no way Jets would ever do it.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What DEs will be available in free agency?

According to overthecap.com:
Jason Pierre-Paul 43DE Giants UFA $10,000,000
Julius Peppers 34OLB Packers UFA $8,666,667
DeMarcus Ware 34OLB Broncos UFA $6,500,000
Robert Mathis 34OLB Colts UFA $5,666,667
Jabaal Sheard 43DE Patriots UFA $5,500,000
Nick Perry 34OLB Packers UFA $5,000,000
Trent Cole 34OLB Colts UFA $4,250,000
Barkevious Mingo 43DE Patriots UFA $4,086,751
Erik Walden 34OLB Colts UFA $4,000,000
Charles Johnson 43DE Panthers UFA $3,000,000
Tyson Alualu 43DE Jaguars UFA $3,000,000
Andre Branch 43DE Dolphins UFA $2,750,000
Chris Long 43DE Patriots UFA $2,375,000
Jarvis Jones 34OLB Steelers UFA $2,176,376
Melvin Ingram 34OLB Chargers UFA $2,099,562
Chandler Jones 34OLB Cardinals UFA $2,043,375

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Clapper in action postgame

[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/10/17/jason-garrett-locker-room-speech-after-packers-win[/video]

Funny I was about to post this one and the Bengals one. I remember his speeches from 2014 seem to have more substance and motivation.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Bowles HC career kinda resembling Tony Sparano when he got hired by Miami. Unexpected success the first yr, heaps of praise thrown on. Then death spiral.

The Jets are a lousy team this year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jimmy supposedly debated hard about whether to start or at least play Aikman in that game to get him ready for the playoff game the following week, but changed his mind because he didn't think Aikman was really 100% and stuck with Buerlein. Buerlein played ok vs Chicago but like the rest of the team was awful the following week vs Detroit and got benched.

There was never any point where Buerlein was a threat to Aikman as a permanent starter. I was at training camp in 1992 and there was never any "competition" for the starting job. Aikman was the starter from day one.
First of all that's not "supposedly" it's a fact, Jimmy says so in his book you should read. Secondly, Jimmy decided to stay with the hot hand as long as it stayed hot - through the Super Bowl if necessary - and third you're absolutely right according to Jimmy - Troy was the man for '92 no matter what else.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Isn't Jimmy kind of like God to Garrett?

Hopefully hearing Jimmy say that we need to stay with Dak at QB resonates with Garrett so he can help talk some sense into Jerry and keep him from making the mistake of starting Romo ever again

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the future of Moore, Sanchez and McFadden? Do you think they'll remain on the roster?

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
My opinion is a win is a win. You never know how a lousy team may show up every week.

I have no fear in the Vikings. Our offense has too many weapons for this defense to handle.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the future of Moore, Sanchez and McFadden? Do you think they'll remain on the roster?

They will hold onto Moore because "he knows the system"

Sanchez was a one year rental

And McFadden sticks around because of his injury. With him coming out and saying he's not sure if he will ever be able to straighten out his arm completely again I doubt another team will be very interested in taking a chance on him any longer

Top Bottom