Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly

That's what happens when you sit him on the bench

Reaction score
I'm cool with it, I guess. No point in risking him to injuries.

Just would've loved to see the guy get that record. Oh well... he'll have a long career ahead of him breaking records, I hope.

FanSince61

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Skins definitely have to win to make the playoffs but they also need Detroit to lose.

FYI-if Washington loses next week they'd be 8-7-1 and that would put Detroit in, even if they lost, because Detriot would be 9-7

What if Tampa wins, they would be 9-7? Who has the tiebreaker?

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Lions or Packers. Bucs need some ridiculous chain of events to happen to make it which I think included hell freezing over.

I think the Skins will beat the Giants to claim the last spot, making the Lions/Packers a win or go home game.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Tampa Bay (8-7) enters Week 17 trailing both the Packers (9-6) and Redskins (8-6-1) in the race for the final NFC wild-card spot.

What the Buccaneers need

FPI Chance
KC over DEN 53.6%
DAL over DET 71.9%
TB over CAR 55.4%
DET over GB 40.3%
NYG tie WSH 0.3%
DAL over PHI 47.1%
SF over SEA 30.5%
TEN over HOU 62.1%
IND over JAX 70.9%

* Chance of happening: 0.0016%

According to ESPN’s Football Power Index, there’s an 0.0016 percent chance (60,000-to-1 odds) that the Buccaneers make the playoffs.

First, the easy part: Tampa Bay needs three results next week in order to tie for the final spot: a win against the Panthers, a Packers loss to the Lions and a Redskins tie against the Giants.

Such a scenario would result in a tie between the Packers and Buccaneers -- one that would need to be broken by strength of victory. The Redskins would be eliminated on the conference record tiebreaker.

The Buccaneers trail in that metric right now, but they would make up most of the deficit by beating Carolina next weekend.

Still, there’s only one narrow path where they’d be able to pass the Packers.

The Bucs would need two teams that they previously beat to win –- the Chiefs (against the Broncos on Sunday) and the 49ers (against the Seahawks in Week 17).

And they’d need four teams that the Packers beat to lose – the Lions (against the Cowboys on Monday), plus the Jaguars (against the Colts), Eagles (against the Cowboys) and Texans (against the Titans) in Week 17.

If only five of those six games go the Buccaneers' way, they’d tie the Packers on strength of record but then lose the second wild-card spot on strength of schedule.

So if you’re keeping track at home, the Buccaneers need to cover a nine-team parlay to reach the playoffs. And FPI projects an 0.0016 percent chance that all nine of those games go Tampa Bay’s way.

source

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Zeke actually got hit pretty hard a few times. Team probably (correctly) figured he'd had enough.

Maybe they actually did learn something from Murray's 2014.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
and yet Dak was. I guess he needed reps more than Zeke.

In a way he does. He plays QB and he is a rookie. He needs to be exposed to as many different defensive alignments & shifts/coverages as possible I think. The job for Elliott is much easier and its obvious he's mastered just about everything at the RB spot that there is.

That said, playing Prescott is a risk too for sure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Zeke actually got hit pretty hard a few times. Team probably (correctly) figured he'd had enough.

Maybe they actually did learn something from Murray's 2014.

Totally agree. He took some pretty big shots. The Lions front 7 was definitely more physical than what I had expected (just haven't watched them much this year)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Lions front 7 was definitely more physical than what I had expected (just haven't watched them much this year)
I haven't either and I didn't understand why Teryl Austin got so much hype because Football Outsiders had them as the 31st ranked defense in the league.

And last night they looked like it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't either and I didn't understand why Teryl Austin got so much hype because Football Outsiders had them as the 31st ranked defense in the league.

And last night they looked like it.

Previous 8 games only once did a team score 20 on them (Houston scored exactly that). They rank 15th in yds per game allowed after last night.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, getting them to just totally abandon the run was a genius adjustment on our part.

Detroit had the LEAD tonight, when they abandoned the run game. Teams do that for the same reason we used to - running the ball just isn't sexay enough for them.

After the first drive/possession, Zenner's carries was 6, 3, 4, 7, -1, 2, 0, 3. That's 22 yards on 8 carries for a 2.7 ypc. Yeah, I'll say that the Cowboys defense adjusted, and thereby forced the Lions to abandon the run.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
10 turnovers in 4 games. Dallas heard dbair loud and clear

And it really could have been a lot more. Dropped numerous gimmee ints and had a few fumbles we could have recovered that bounced the wrong way or our guys just flubbed on.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After the first drive/possession, Zenner's carries was 6, 3, 4, 7, -1, 2, 0, 3. That's 22 yards on 8 carries for a 2.7 ypc. Yeah, I'll say that the Cowboys defense adjusted, and thereby forced the Lions to abandon the run.

Dooms getting owned again.

Top Bottom