Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They are not sticking Romo in for mop up duties. Dak needs all the reps he can get. How many points did we score with Zeke sitting? No reason to risk him against a pissed off cheap shot team. There are a bunch of big bad dudes protecting Dak, but Zeke is guaranteed major contact nearly every play he touches the ball. Keeping his legs fresh is not the worst idea either.
It's not the best idea to totally ice him either. There'll be a bye week for refreshment of the tired legs.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Bottomline, Chip Kelly screwed lover the Eagles. You don't think the team would be different if the retained McCoy and Jackson? Those two definitely would have made a difference for Wentz. In fact, I believe if those two were still there, it would be the Eagles competing for that last WC spot (not the Redskins) at worst, and maybe the #5 seed at best.

Jackson is a UFA after this season, and rumor has it that he's looking to return back to Philly.

Man, that would be a nightmare. Thank you Chip.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
It's not the best idea to totally ice him either. There'll be a bye week for refreshment of the tired legs.

Can you ice a stud RB by resting him? Maybe, but I don't remember a good example of it happening.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And do you think it's crazy of me to believe they signed Murray mainly only to deprive us of him, since when they got him they didn't even really try to use him? Crazy to think they'd be that stupid, to just throw millions away like that to deprive a team they play twice a year, of a bigtime player?

The sweetness of the irony - in doing that, they gave us a player who's going to hurt them on the field for the foreseeable long-term future. Hoist on their own Petard!

I agree. No different than us grabbing Deion Sanders from the 49ers. This was simply a blow to the 49ers. Well played Jerry

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Can you ice a stud RB by resting him? Maybe, but I don't remember a good example of it happening.
You're talking lots of rest here, if you completely sit him this week added to the Wild Card week. I'd play him at least the first half this week.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree. No different than us grabbing Deion Sanders from the 49ers. This was simply a blow to the 49ers. Well played Jerry
Not the same at all. Only way it would be the same is if we used Deion only to return kicks and punts. Philadelphia didn't use Murray, and clearly they really had no intention of using him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I sorta gave up on Zeke getting the record because he needs 170+ or whatever it is

But how fucking great would that be if he did it against our division rival who hates us?!?!

I couldn't think of a better scenario

I know it won't happen but it would be perfect if it did vs the Eagles

Reaction score
Momentum - we will win Sunday and roll into the playoffs ready to do real damage. Super Bowl or bust and I'm predicting a return to the big show in February! :partytime :coolbeer

Top Bottom