LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm rewatching the Lions game now that I'm not all homered up and can actually watch it objectively

And with Dez' one handed catch I'm actually surprised it wasn't over turned

As usual he bobbled it, not once but twice and the ball actually moves when he hits the ground on his back

So I can easily see them calling that a non catch

That was a catch. Initially I felt that if a penalty was going to be called, it should have been offensive PI or facemask on Dez, because he did have that guy's facemask. BUT... looking at it some more, the defender had Dez by the shoulder pads first.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tyron Smith with MCL sprain, ruled out for Philly but should be good to go for 1st playoff game.

Sounds like they are now looking at Sanchez playing at least a half, if not more at QB.

Must be a very minor sprain, because from what I heard he was ready to go back in and play. They didn't send him to the locker room, and he was standing on it. It was expected that he would sit out the Eagles' game anyway.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
By the way I love the poetic irony of the two quarterbacks next week. In order to hurt us (because it became apparent early on in 2015 that Philly had no intention of really using him) they signed away Murray for huge money, and we got a compensatory 4th round pick for him... And that was the pick we used to draft our 10-plus year franchise quarterback which most other teams struggle for years, to find.

Thanks Philadelphia, and Chip Kelly - you towering idiot!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Must be a very minor sprain, because from what I heard he was ready to go back in and play. They didn't send him to the locker room, and he was standing on it.
Sideline reports on Cowboys radio reflected exactly this, each and every time it was talked about.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Team physician Jerruh says it appears both Lael Collins and Morris Claiborne will be and active for first playoff game.

With Collins, wonder if this means they might start practicing him some at T in addition to G. Collins doesn't play C, so Looney pretty much has to be active unless Zach Martin would be the #2 C behind Fred.

If Collins isn't going to play T and G, its hard to see how he would be active unless 1) They are going to keep 8 OL active instead of 7 (as they have done virtually all yr I believe) or 2) Collins is going back into the starting lineup at LG (seems very unlikely with all the time he has missed and the injury he's had, he probably cant be in tremendous shape because he surely hasn't been able to workout/run etc etc the way he normally would have

Pipe dream, but I wish they would retain Leary, and move Collins to RT.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sounds like they think Ryan Davis knee injury is serious, so he might be headed to IR.

Niners claimed DE Zach Moore, so he wont be returning.

I'd be pissed as hell if I was a player being claimed by a team like the 49er's and Browns at this stage of the season. What pointy would it serve? Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Seems like there is no chance Dallas wins. Dallas will have to rest a lot of guys that are injured & the win means nothing beyond setting a new record. Dallas is on a short week whereas Philly last played on Thursday. Their season is done but they have a rookie QB that needs all the experience he can get and will therefore have the best linemen available to protect him. Plus that city HATES Dallas and winning can take the sting out of a disappointing year for its fans.

And you know they would love to hurt the Cowboys and have them hobbling into the playoffs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
By the way I love the poetic irony of the two quarterbacks next week. In order to hurt us (because it became apparent early on in 2015 that Philly had no intention of really using him) they signed away Murray for huge money, and we got a compensatory 4th round pick for him... And that was the pick we used to draft our 10-plus year franchise quarterback which most other teams struggle for years, to find.

Thanks Philadelphia, and Chip Kelly - you towering idiot!

Indeed. I mentioned this before. They took Murray away, knocked out Romo. We sucked and ended up at 4-12. We ended up with a better RB than Murray, and with the comp pick we got because they took Murray... we get Dak. And now both of them... are leading the Cowboys into the playoffs.

You don't think they want to put a hurting on both those two? Especially Dak and his comeback OT win over them?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Indeed. I mentioned this before. They took Murray away, knocked out Romo. We sucked and ended up at 4-12. We ended up with a better RB than Murray, and with the comp pick we got because they took Murray... we get Dak. And now both of them... are leading the Cowboys into the playoffs.
And do you think it's crazy of me to believe they signed Murray mainly only to deprive us of him, since when they got him they didn't even really try to use him? Crazy to think they'd be that stupid, to just throw millions away like that to deprive a team they play twice a year, of a bigtime player?

The sweetness of the irony - in doing that, they gave us a player who's going to hurt them on the field for the foreseeable long-term future. Hoist on their own Petard!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And do you think it's crazy of me to believe they signed Murray mainly only to deprive us of him, since when they got him they didn't even really try to use him? Crazy to think they'd be that stupid, to just throw millions away like that to deprive a team they play twice a year, of a bigtime player?

The sweetness of the irony - in doing that, they gave us a player who's going to hurt them on the field for the foreseeable long-term future. Hoist on their own Petard!

Yeah. Because I've said the exact same thing, and you all know I'm crazy. Seriously, though... I do believe they only signed him to deprive the Cowboys.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Did the Eagles really deprive us of Murray though? He was always leaving Dallas anyway. IIRC Jerry made a half-hearted, insulting offer to Murray. I don't think Jerry was that bothered about bringing him back, believing that fruitcake Jo Randle could do just as well.

Murray then chose the Eagles over the Jags and Raiders - partly because of the money, partly to spite us, and partly to team up with his college buddy Bradford.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did the Eagles really deprive us of Murray though? He was always leaving Dallas anyway. IIRC Jerry made a half-hearted, insulting offer to Murray. I don't think Jerry was that bothered about bringing him back, believing that fruitcake Jo Randle could do just as well.

Murray then chose the Eagles over the Jags and Raiders - partly because of the money, partly to spite us, and partly to team up with his college buddy Bradford.

I think Jerry offered a million or maybe 2 million less. Eagles made a strong push for him, and then didn't even use him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bottomline, Chip Kelly screwed lover the Eagles. You don't think the team would be different if the retained McCoy and Jackson? Those two definitely would have made a difference for Wentz. In fact, I believe if those two were still there, it would be the Eagles competing for that last WC spot (not the Redskins) at worst, and maybe the #5 seed at best.

Jackson is a UFA after this season, and rumor has it that he's looking to return back to Philly.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think Jerry offered a million or maybe 2 million less. Eagles made a strong push for him, and then didn't even use him.
Cowboys offer - 4 years, $24m, $12m guaranteed.

Eagles offer - 5 years, $42m, $21m guaranteed.

Big difference. Rightly or wrongly, we didn't really want him. If the Eagles thought they were stealing him away from the Cowboys then they're mistaken.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Big difference. Rightly or wrongly, we didn't really want him. If the Eagles thought they were stealing him away from the Cowboys then they're mistaken.
We offered him reasonable money, Philly offered him ridiculous money. And nowhere close to any other offer by the way.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What does Murray's contract look like now? Is he still playing under that contract Philly gave him? Murray had the chance to take a little less and go play for a team that was a better fit. He went for the big payday though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What does Murray's contract look like now?
4 year, $25,000,000 contract with Tennessee including $12,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,250,000. In 2016, Murray will earn a base salary of $6,000,000 and a incentive bonus of $100,000.

Almost identical to what we offered and what the market actually pays.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
and yet Dak was. I guess he needed reps more than Zeke.

They are not sticking Romo in for mop up duties. Dak needs all the reps he can get. How many points did we score with Zeke sitting? No reason to risk him against a pissed off cheap shot team. There are a bunch of big bad dudes protecting Dak, but Zeke is guaranteed major contact nearly every play he touches the ball. Keeping his legs fresh is not the worst idea either.

Top Bottom