Reaction score
Is Callahan really going to be an improvement over Red Jesus? If I had to pick a OC, Callahan wouldn't have been in the conversation. He was a WCO guy. I think a playcaller should have a background in the offense that he is going to direct. JMO

Ordinarily that would make sense, but the Garrett offense seems to be only a snippet of a larger scheme. The mid to long distance pass game is well developed but it really has no misdirection or short pass element and there has not been a palpable running philosophy since Sparano was here. So if Callahan can bring his running game and the barrage of short passes that he has used in the past, then it's really more of completing an incomplete scheme rather than confusing a secure system.

The one thing that still perplexes me is that even last year, veteran players in the offense had to be told where to line up. I just can't see how the offense can be used surgically to attack a defense when the players are still unsure whether the play is really going to work. It seems like only Romo and Witten can take the chaos and make some semblance.

Reaction score
Garrett calls the same draws that Garrett saw Emmitt Smith run.

With a different back and a vastly inferior interior offensive line, the results aren't so good.

It isn't so much a philosophy problem. It's a reality problem. In reality, the OL has absolutely sucked.

Reaction score
@toddarcher25m
Told Nate Livings cut his foot not long ago and team wants to make sure it's healed before he's on the field.

A cut?

Ron Kovik took a bullet to the foot and he got back up and fought the red in Viet Nam... but Livings has to sit because of a cut?

Reaction score
‏@toddarcher41s
Signings of Demetress Bell, Alex Tanney and Lavasier Tuinei official

cheaboi

Reaction score
‏@dmn_george1m
#Cowboys put OT Demetress Bell, C Ryan Cook, LS L.P. Ladouceur, OG Ron Leary, OG Nate Livings & WR L. Tuinei on non-football injury list.

@calexmendez50s
Your starting OL right now looks like Smith, Kowalski, Frederick, Arkin, Free. #cowboyscamp #goodtimes

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The one thing that still perplexes me is that even last year, veteran players in the offense had to be told where to line up. I just can't see how the offense can be used surgically to attack a defense when the players are still unsure whether the play is really going to work. It seems like only Romo and Witten can take the chaos and make some semblance.

How long has Garrett been here running HIS system, and this is still a FUCKING PROBLEM? I'm more than willing to sacrifice this season just to get his ass out of here.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
‏@dmn_george1m
#Cowboys put OT Demetress Bell, C Ryan Cook, LS L.P. Ladouceur, OG Ron Leary, OG Nate Livings & WR L. Tuinei on non-football injury list.

You sign a POS OT and then immediately put him on PUP. Brilliant. While yet Winston is still out there. Is Jerry setting Garrett up to fail? If so... good I guess, but he doesn't need to do this to achieve that result.

‏@calexmendez50s
Your starting OL right now looks like Smith, Kowalski, Frederick, Arkin, Free. #cowboyscamp #goodtimes

:suicide

Reaction score
‏@calexmendez1m
Callahan says Frederick and Costa are going to play guard in the afternoon practice. Now that's info you don't normally get from Cowboys.

Reaction score
RainerSabinDMN: Cowboys TE James Hanna has been lined up in the backfield multiple times during the walkthrough.

@dmn_george23m
LB Ernie Sims came hard after a pass in left flat to Phillip Tanner and CB Orlando Scandrick said, "It's a walk through, bro." With a laugh

I like Sims. He suprised me last year. Hope he pans out. Also, remember, this is the defense he was drafted to play.

@calexmendez29m
OL just sprinted to the line. #neverseenthatbefore

@toddarcher58m
Interesting to me: QBs wearing wristbands in practice. Haven't seen that here before.

Reaction score
I think Carter was born to play in this defense so we'll be improved just by that.

Plus... I mean, we signed Will Allen.
I am looking forward to seeing Carter play. He may just be the real deal.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Late in the morning walk-through, LB Ernie Sims ran hard to get to RB Phillip Tanner on a catch in the flat. CB Orlando Scandrick told Sims afterward with a laugh, “This is a walk-through, bro.”

Here's that Country Club attitude.

This is the difference between a guy who knows that nothing is guaranteed and that he could be sitting at home right now like he was a year ago........and a guy who's contract ensures that he's on the roster.

Top Bottom