Reaction score
I think Carter was born to play in this defense so we'll be improved just by that.

Plus... I mean, we signed Will Allen.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We had a small line in the 4-3 before and no one ran on us like they did last year - except for that year every running back had a 200 yard game against us. I think that was the 2000 season.

Reaction score
we were one game away from making the playoffs and then getting potentially murdered by the Seahawks. So now with the new Center (who may play Guard to keep buzzworthy Phil Costa in the lineup) we have CLEARLY done enough to take it to the next level.

Next off-season? One Defensive Tackle. The cap will not restrict us from adding whoever we want. We just won't add them because we're cool.

Do you even understand how football works?

I think their whole d was popped for steroids I have no idea how we can handle those all out assaults

Reaction score
We just replaced what we lost.

Lost Phillips. Got Pablo.

Lost Ogletree. Got Williams.

I think we improved offensively.

Defensively? Not so much.

Williams, randle, and Escobar are most likely huge improvements over the lifeless nobodies that came before them

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys waived offensive tackle J.B. Shugarts and quarterback Dalton Williams, Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News reports.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What are some of the position battles you are looking forward to seeing? The interior oline battle should be interesting. Excited to see if Johnson can push Allen. I think it is a safe bet to say that Durant will be our SOLB. Also it's nice to see what the rookies can do with the vets. Does anyone see Parnell beating out Free?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the 90 or so players participating in Dallas' training camp voted Democrat this past election?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
God I hope Murray and Lee stay healthy. Nothing worse than the injury prone label.

Dont really care about Austin.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Stay on topic!

My question is "Did this team really improve?" I think they got better at some of the peripheral positions offensively (WR, TE, RB). I think Frederick will be good, but Free/Parnell are still question marks.

Ditching Garrett as playcaller has to help.

I'm not sure I get the whole "We've been drafting for a 3-4 for the better part of a decade, but whoops turns out we're better suited to a 4-3" argument. I think Lee and Carter are better fits. Ratliff too, if healthy. Hatcher is not.

Curious to see what the coverages are like. The money/talent at CB is a waste in a true Tampa 2. Not sure the safety play is good enough.

Don't think the team kept pace with the San Frans and Seattles of the league.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Is Callahan really going to be an improvement over Red Jesus? If I had to pick a OC, Callahan wouldn't have been in the conversation. He was a WCO guy. I think a playcaller should have a background in the offense that he is going to direct. JMO

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Is Callahan really going to be an improvement over Red Jesus? If I had to pick a OC, Callahan wouldn't have been in the conversation. He was a WCO guy. I think a playcaller should have a background in the offense that he is going to direct. JMO

I wouldn't have picked him either. But he has actually directed successful offenses in the NFL.

Garrett just doesn't seem like much of a play caller to me.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stay on topic!

My question is "Did this team really improve?" I think they got better at some of the peripheral positions offensively (WR, TE, RB). I think Frederick will be good, but Free/Parnell are still question marks.

Ditching Garrett as playcaller has to help.

I'm not sure I get the whole "We've been drafting for a 3-4 for the better part of a decade, but whoops turns out we're better suited to a 4-3" argument. I think Lee and Carter are better fits. Ratliff too, if healthy. Hatcher is not.

Curious to see what the coverages are like. The money/talent at CB is a waste in a true Tampa 2. Not sure the safety play is good enough.

Don't think the team kept pace with the San Frans and Seattles of the league.
That's pretty much it. Frederick will help, Callahan will help, but the rest is a big question mark. We're pretty much counting on better health and the NFCE being weak again. In a better division I don't think we'd have a great chance.

I don't think it will happen because I think we'll be at least an above-average team, but I wonder what would happen if we got off to a rocky start. Things could turn ugly if all these Jerry-factions started trying to save their own skins like IMO happened in 2010. Well, I don't think Kiffin is worried because he's staying next year no matter what. But I wonder if Callahan and Garrett could develop some friction. Say we're bad offensively and Garrett wants playcalling back... That kind of thing.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think this season is going to come down to coaching

Callahan is going to have to be considerably better than Garrett calling plays. IMO, the pass blocking saw major improvement the last few games of last year, lets see if they can keep that up. Obv, the run game is going to need to be improved. This is all on Callahans shoulders.

Monte Kiffin is going to have to be considerably better than Ryan. Considering I'm biased against Ryan and really hated our defense the last two years, I'll go ahead and say this will happen.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think this season is going to come down to coaching

Callahan is going to have to be considerably better than Garrett calling plays. IMO, the pass blocking saw major improvement the last few games of last year, lets see if they can keep that up. Obv, the run game is going to need to be improved. This is all on Callahans shoulders.

Monte Kiffin is going to have to be considerably better than Ryan. Considering I'm biased against Ryan and really hated our defense the last two years, I'll go ahead and say this will happen.

I cannot disagree. The question becomes did we coach over or under our heads last year because the talent ain't much better.

Top Bottom