Reaction score
Low risk, high reward.

If he can be had for a late round pick, I'm all for it.

Kid looked every bit as good as Eric Berry.

Definitely a good talent. At the right place on day three I'd have no problem with him.

buckup

Reaction score
This from Profootballweekly: A new way for Jerry Jones to shit the bed

14. Dallas Cowboys
Ryan Tannehill
QB / Texas A&M

Although Jerry Jones abides by a best-player-available approach, the Cowboys have seen the best of Tony Romo and will struggle to progress if they do not address the QB position soon. Tannehill does not grade out this highly but has more talent than Christian Ponder and could be pushed up draft boards considerably, given the strong need at the position leaguewide.

Reaction score

14. Dallas Cowboys
Ryan Tannehill
QB / Texas A&M

Although Jerry Jones abides by a best-player-available approach, the Cowboys have seen the best of Tony Romo and will struggle to progress if they do not address the QB position soon. Tannehill does not grade out this highly but has more talent than Christian Ponder and could be pushed up draft boards considerably, given the strong need at the position leaguewide.

I saw one mock having the Redskins taking him in the top 10. Jerry'll probably see that and think he's getting a steal at 14.

Reaction score

14. Dallas Cowboys
Ryan Tannehill
QB / Texas A&M

You just can't take a mock seriously with that pick/comment. They're just showing ignorance.

After the Detroit game, Tony played fantastic.

Reaction score
Alabama LB Courtney Upshaw has been one of the leading OLB candidates all season, but his weigh-in here has me thinking he's more likely to be a 4-3 DE pass rusher, or an ILB guy in a 3-4 scheme when he measured only 6-1 1/2, but weighed a squat 273 pounds. And no, he did not look fat, but also regsitered relatively short (31 1/2) arms. There is a similar thought process for the athletic South Carolina DE Melvin Ingram who was 6-1 7/8 and 276 pounds with an arm length under 31 inches. Fact is that NFL scouts like their DEs to have longer arms to help get separation from opposing blockers so those wingspan numbers aren't going to help either guy.

Conflictign reports on Upshaw...

ChrisSteuber Chris Steuber
Upshaw is a football player & could play in any scheme, but he's best suited to be a 3-4 rush LB. Greatest impact in a 3-4.
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Hmmmm....

Reaction score
ChrisSteuber Chris Steuber
#Alabama LB Courtney Upshaw is the best player at the #SeniorBowl. Not even close. He's always around the ball; very active.

Reaction score
I asked Mike Miller (@nfldraftscout) who he thought would be a better fit for Dallas: Melvin or Courtney.

His response:

nfldraftscout Matt Miller
@ @DCUforums I'd say Nick Perry for Dallas if you want explosive player. Upshaw is most solid of two seniors
12 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I asked Mike Miller (@nfldraftscout) who he thought would be a better fit for Dallas: Melvin or Courtney.

His response:

@ @DCUforums I'd say Nick Perry for Dallas if you want explosive player. Upshaw is most solid of two seniors
12 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Matt's my dawg..from way back.

This is where I'm at..I think Perry can be special but don't want to push him because of the USC connection. Upshaw is more of the all-around ready-to-go OLB.

Reaction score
Matt's my dawg..from way back.

This is where I'm at..I think Perry can be special but don't want to push him because of the USC connection. Upshaw is more of the all-around ready-to-go OLB.

You really know the guy? How good is he? Miller, I mean. As in, how reliable is he with his draft stuff?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You really know the guy? How good is he? Miller, I mean. As in, how reliable is he with his draft stuff?

Yep. About 16 years ago he and I talked about starting a draftsite. This was before everyone and their mother had one. We wanted to do player profiles, interviews, team needs, etc and that time no one was really doing that. He kept at it. he started networking like a mf and started interviewing smaller school players and building relationships with colleges. Meanwhile, my daughter started getting serious about basketball and we spent our weekends traveling to various AAU tournaments. I did some write-up's for him but I just couldn't spend the time or risk cutting back at work to travel to the various bowl games (Shrine, Senior) and Pro Days. I could do the USC Pro Day and UCLA amateur day, stuff like that.

He stuck with it and has made this his living. He does good work. I wanted to do it just to build up a resume to then go work for a pro team or bigtime college. Now that my kid is playing in college, I'm trying to figure out a way to get back into it. I had offers when I left the Army, (one football, one basketball) but the money was crap and big dummie me, had 2 kids by age 20, and needed a steady job with health insurance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
North Alabama film study: Janoris Jenkins moves from #8 CB to #2 CB after season study, one-on-one interview, Senior Bowl week

Shit.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
North Alabama film study: Janoris Jenkins moves from #8 CB to #2 CB after season study, one-on-one interview, Senior Bowl week

Shit.

God help me, I'm making advance excuses for Jerry...but if went ahead and drafted Jenkins, just picture him his soph and junior years (on the field) at Florida. He was the Revis of college football. Dominating.

Silver lining...

Reaction score
God help me, I'm making advance excuses for Jerry...but if went ahead and drafted Jenkins, just picture him his soph and junior years (on the field) at Florida. He was the Revis of college football. Dominating.

Silver lining...

Stud on the field. Moron headcase character concern off of it.

You don't become a responsible adult just because someone gives you millions of dollars.

Reaction score
The same college that said "yeah, he's cool" to Will Hill..... thought that Jenkins was too much trouble to keep around.

Let that marinate.

Top Bottom