locked&loaded

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I thought he'd be there anyway.

With that arrest, I wouldn't touch him.

How stupid do you have to be to get arrested for a shit drug like weed when you're months away from being a millionaire?

weeds not a shit drug

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shrine Game update.

Ehh. Not a lot of talent. A lot of people at the Zone are high on Northern Illinois QB Chandler Harnish. He reminds me of Romo a little. Very mobile and aggressive with his throws.

If Tank Carder (ILB - TCU) slides to the 5th round, he would be an ideal reserve for us. He isn't overwhelming but he is fundamentally sound and can cover. Kind of a Sean Lee lite.

I'm intrigued by DL Akiem Hicks from Regina (Canada). He's pretty active for a 6'5", 320-lb guy and has a big wingspan. He was one of the top JuCo DT's in the nation an was on the LSU roster before some eligibility issues forced him to play in Canada. He could be a steal in the 6th round.

Yeah definitely seemed like a down year for the Shrine Bowl

Glad the Senior Bowl is this week, very interested in seeing some of these guys and reading about all the goings on in the practices.

Reaction score
What is the format of the draft now?

Thursdays, 1st round
Fridays, 2nd round
Saturdays 3-7?

:confused

Reaction score
Nobody else intruigred w/ the raw athleticism of Brokers ? Looks like a baby Tyron

I know he's climbing up draft charts and will probably be one of the top DT's on the board based on workouts/athleticism.

I'd hate to whiff on a guy, drafting based purely on potential, in the first round. Don't think we can afford that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
from Twitter
ShanePHallam Shane P. Hallam
Melvin Ingram just sounds like a leader. Stern and well spoken. #seniorbowl

Like to see that.

Reaction score
Alabama LB Courtney Upshaw has been one of the leading OLB candidates all season, but his weigh-in here has me thinking he's more likely to be a 4-3 DE pass rusher, or an ILB guy in a 3-4 scheme when he measured only 6-1 1/2, but weighed a squat 273 pounds. And no, he did not look fat, but also regsitered relatively short (31 1/2) arms. There is a similar thought process for the athletic South Carolina DE Melvin Ingram who was 6-1 7/8 and 276 pounds with an arm length under 31 inches. Fact is that NFL scouts like their DEs to have longer arms to help get separation from opposing blockers so those wingspan numbers aren't going to help either guy.

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm
---

Interesting. If we stay 3-4 then I doubt either of these will be our guy afterall. But with the talk of possibly going 4-3, we could pair Upshaw or Ingram with Ware as our DE's.

Reaction score
Alabama LB Courtney Upshaw has been one of the leading OLB candidates all season, but his weigh-in here has me thinking he's more likely to be a 4-3 DE pass rusher, or an ILB guy in a 3-4 scheme when he measured only 6-1 1/2, but weighed a squat 273 pounds. And no, he did not look fat, but also regsitered relatively short (31 1/2) arms. There is a similar thought process for the athletic South Carolina DE Melvin Ingram who was 6-1 7/8 and 276 pounds with an arm length under 31 inches. Fact is that NFL scouts like their DEs to have longer arms to help get separation from opposing blockers so those wingspan numbers aren't going to help either guy.

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm
---

Interesting. If we stay 3-4 then I doubt either of these will be our guy afterall. But with the talk of possibly going 4-3, we could pair Upshaw or Ingram with Ware as our DE's.

Well shit.

Call me crazy, but I like my pass rushers to have long arms.

I'm going to have to adjust my sig.

Reaction score
DraftCountdown Scott Wright
Courtney Upshaw of #Alabama working with defensive lineman, not linebackers, at the #SeniorBowl right now.

Reaction score
calvinwatkins Calvin Watkins
Brandon Boykin the Georgia CB looks pretty good. Aggressive plays well in man.
20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Reaction score
Well shit.

Call me crazy, but I like my pass rushers to have long arms.

Yeah, I'm not sure either are suited for 3-4 OLB. Even if we move to a 4-3 base, I'd still be a little leery. Looks like our targets at #14 are shrinking before our eyes.

I'm going to have to adjust my sig.

hmmmm. Janzen Jackson? He was one of Kiffin's recruits at Tennessee who got into off the field trouble, came back and then got in more trouble and finally left for McNeese St. I'd pass over character issues.

Reaction score
hmmmm. Janzen Jackson? He was one of Kiffin's recruits at Tennessee who got into off the field trouble, came back and then got in more trouble and finally left for McNeese St. I'd pass over character issues.

Low risk, high reward.

If he can be had for a late round pick, I'm all for it.

Kid looked every bit as good as Eric Berry.

Reaction score
DraftCountdown Scott Wright
The hype on #OhioState OT Mike Adams is officially getting out of control. First OT selected? Someone is putting vodka in their @Grapico!
36 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Low risk, high reward.

If he can be had for a late round pick, I'm all for it.

Kid looked every bit as good as Eric Berry.

Agreed, very talented player.

Possible negatives
*Troubled past (legal incident, booted off team, reinstated then left team)
*a little light at Tennessee, weighed around 175 lbs (McNeese State website has him at 190 lbs)

Positives
*All SEC Safety
*Went to his father's alma mater to get his head on straight
*Played CB this past year.

If he's still there in the 4th, the reward is most likely worth the risk. Especially since we have spent recent 4th round picks on
Skyler Green (bust), Isaiah Stanback (project and fragile), Tashard Choice (Michael Vick groupie), Brandon Williams (bust), AOA (bust), and David Arkin (apparent weakling).

To be fair to dbair and the deity he worships, we did find Doug Free, Victor Butler, and Steven McGee in the 4th round too.

Top Bottom