Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yep, I saw the PFF thing ranking the top 75 free agents. Never heard of him before that. I do think a guy like that is more likely than a Nicks or Grubbs.

You're probably right. I thought the Cowboys were definitely going to be in the hunt for Nicks, but as the past few weeks have gone by, there's been no smoke there.

I think we target Carr as our one big FA, and nothing for a week or two, let the dust settle, and start pursuing middle level free agents once the market calms.

While that makes for a boring off season, that's how I'd prefer every off season to go.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're probably right. I thought the Cowboys were definitely going to be in the hunt for Nicks, but as the past few weeks have gone by, there's been no smoke there.

I think we target Carr as our one big FA, and nothing for a week or two, let the dust settle, and start pursuing middle level free agents once the market calms.

While that makes for a boring off season, that's how I'd prefer every off season to go.

You are wrong, and no I'm not guessing

Reaction score
Pro Football Weekly ‏ @ProFootballWkly
#Bills have re-signed LB @kirkmorrison. News was first reported by the linebacker himself.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Pro Football Weekly ‏ @ProFootballWkly
#Bills have re-signed LB @kirkmorrison. News was first reported by the linebacker himself.

Damn it. Keith Brooking it is. Please don't outrun us opposing fat fullbacks.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I remember 11:55 pm EST, March something, 2005, waiting for the clock to strike 12 am. when we signed Jason Ferguson, Anthony Henry and Marco Rivera.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Geoff Schwartz from Carolina?

Schwartz went down with a hip impingement in 2011

Schwartz, who played every single snap of the 2011 season, had a bone spur in his hip that was progressively worsening and had to get it fixed before it got worse. However, the former seventh-round pick from Oregon says that he believes he could come back even stronger than before as a result of the injury.

"It's basically like getting a new hip," Schwartz said. "They shave the bone down to make it look like it did when I was a teenager, and I got the labrum fixed so I have a lot more range of motion. "I'll be able to move a little freer now, be able to get a little lower in my stance and explode a little better."

Reaction score
Starts this week. I'm starting to get excited...

Not that I expect us to do anything radical - although signing Brandon Carr is good news - but more because I love the NFL off season.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Starts this week. I'm starting to get excited...

Not that I expect us to do anything radical - although signing Brandon Carr is good news - but more because I love the NFL off season.

The offseason is too long. I wish I liked a sport that has more than 16 games in a season. Sucks...

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So apparently the jets are interested in laron Landry.....makes sense with Rex knowing his brother..

And the skins are almost a lock for Vincent Jackson which is pretty obvious.

Reaction score
So apparently the jets are interested in laron Landry.....makes sense with Rex knowing his brother..

And the skins are almost a lock for Vincent Jackson which is pretty obvious.

Rich Tandler, Skins beat writer, said there was a less than 50% chance the Redskins sign him as he was going to get a lot of attention in free agency.

But yeah, I think they get him. Danny will do the dumb thing and throw a ridiculous amount of money at a 30+ free agent.

As an aside...

Reggie Nelson.

Anyone interested?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yea mid just saw Evan sill say the bucs are. Big on Jackson now too.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the jets resigned sione pouha

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
DL Sione Pouha agrees to terms on 3 year deal with the Jets #freeagency

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The titans are apparently in on mario williams and they have 28 million and are looking to spend....

and mario manningham to the bucs also a possibility.
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details The New York Daily News says free agent Mario Manningham will "probably" sign with the #Buccaneers: http://bit.ly/wylEsQ

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
miami out of the manning race?

Greg A. Bedard ‏ @GregABedard
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Doh RT @davehydesports: Dolphins are out of the running for Peyton Manning, a source said.

or not

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details RT @davehydesports Strike that: They are NOT out of the running. Dolphins are in the running

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Eric Winston ‏ @ericwinston
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Unfortunately I have bad news. The Texans have decided to release me today. Although it is a surprise, I have nothing but positive memories

eric winston released.......I wonder if the skins have interest in him....

he is a good dude, My friend I work with talked to him last year at the reckless kelly softball jam and he said ware and spencer are the two toughest rushers to deal with....
here he is jacking a homer in a softball game...
[video=youtube;rPGz_yPDp3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPGz_yPDp3A&list=UUmJ2xLmCg2rgzbHElXBUxdA&index=68&feature=plcp[/video]

Reaction score
In Chicago, Bears viewed as favorites to land Mario Williams
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT

Two years ago the Bears made a big move in free agency to land one of the NFL’s most talented pass rushers. And they may now be poised to do it again.

With Mario Williams set to become an unrestricted free agent on Tuesday afternoon, the Bears are planning a push to sign him, teaming him up with Julius Peppers in what would give the Bears a pair of outside rushers unmatched by anyone in the NFL.

In fact, according to John “Moon” Mullin of CSNChicago.com, multiple NFL sources say the Bears are the favorites to sign Williams, the former No. 1 overall pick of the Texans. "I know I'm going out on a limb... and essentially risking my life in saying this in light of Mikey from Tucsons reports of Williams going to the Cowboys, but I feel compelled to report this." Mullin was quoted as saying.

The Bears have plenty of cap space and have made clear that they want to improve their pass rush in free agency. There’s no better way to do that than signing Williams.

Although Williams suffered a torn pectoral muscle and played just five games last season, he’s expected to be back to full strength and ready to go this year. If he and Peppers are on the same team, the Monsters of the Midway are going to have a fearsome pass rush.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Awesome. Meanwhile we might not be able to afford Abe fricken Elam anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom