Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sure if he wants to take a 1 year fuck you Washington flier.

But counting on an oft-injured, increasingly large ss/lb to cover* would be ugly.

* interchangeable safeties

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wanted Rogers last year, when he would've been cheap(er).

Now he's a year older, and probably looking to get paid as this is his last chance at a big payday.

My problem with all of them is their age. All are 28+.

Didn't the Packers sign a 28 year old Charles Woodson?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess judd garretts breakdown of him kind of made me view him different. Maybe if this is how they view him he could end up here.
[video=youtube;4bmP398vrnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmP398vrnM[/video]

Theebs, thanks for posting this. Where is this Judd Garrett breakdown from? The Blitz show you were talking about before?

Anyone notice Bill Nagy's weak ass couldn't block him on the very first play?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Theebs, thanks for posting this. Where is this Judd Garrett breakdown from? The Blitz show you were talking about before?

You know, getting blown off the ball has a lot to do with technique sometimes as it is to being weak in the ass.

I doubt Landry overpowered him, just had better technique on the play.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Might not mean anything but Justin Miller just Tweeted Abe Elam to talk to Rob Ryan for him.

abeelam Abe Elam
Bet U know Rome out here too RT @ItsGottaBeMillz: @abeelam tell Rob Ryan u need ur boy at that CB

I'm hearing the same things.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

that is from the weekly jason garrett show

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not much of a fan of Landry, and the injury/obvious steroid issues are major concerns for me.

Big hitter but he has never been very good in pass coverage. He's a far lesser version of Roy Williams (the last couple yrs in Dallas Roy Williams)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah, then somehow they convinced league officials to basically ignore him assaulting/raping opposing WR's

He's been a great add fot them, but he gets away with a ton of shit too

Reaction score

I wanted Rogers last year because he would've been cheaper because while he's always been good, he couldn't catch the HIV even if he had a Magic Johnson/Freddie Mercury sex sandwhich.

He got lasik eye surgery this past season, and he attributed that to why he was suddenly catching everything in sight.

As it is now, he's a year older, coming off a great year, and looking to get his last huge paycheck. And truthfully, you don't know if this past year was an anomoly, and he'll revert back to letting balls bounce off his hands like they were hot potatoes, or if his vision really was the cause of him turning into a ball hawk.

Reaction score
Might not mean anything but Justin Miller just Tweeted Abe Elam to talk to Rob Ryan for him.

abeelam Abe Elam
Bet U know Rome out here too RT @ItsGottaBeMillz: @abeelam tell Rob Ryan u need ur boy at that CB

Miller, age 27, was once the "Fastest Man in the NFL" and was a Pro Bowl return man in 2006. He played under Jerome Henderson with the Jets (06 thru 08) and under Ryan with the Raiders (208). He was out of football in 2011. Might be worth a camp invite. Low risk.

Meh.

Also, what does "Bet u know Rome out here too" mean?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wanted Rogers last year because he would've been cheaper because while he's always been good, he couldn't catch the HIV even if he had a Magic Johnson/Freddie Mercury sex sandwhich.

He got lasik eye surgery this past season, and he attributed that to why he was suddenly catching everything in sight.

As it is now, he's a year older, coming off a great year, and looking to get his last huge paycheck. And truthfully, you don't know if this past year was an anomoly, and he'll revert back to letting balls bounce off his hands like they were hot potatoes, or if his vision really was the cause of him turning into a ball hawk.

All valid points. I'm just saying, don't get caught up on age.

Reaction score
All valid points. I'm just saying, don't get caught up on age.

I like the player, so I wouldn't hate signing him. But I think we all can agree that signing players - especially skill position players - at or near the wrong side of thirty to big money deals is bad, bad, bad business.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I like the player, so I wouldn't hate signing him. But I think we all can agree that signing players - especially skill position players - at or near the wrong side of thirty to big money deals is bad, bad, bad business.

DB isn't a skill position :howdy

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Drew brees got the exclusive rights tag and according to Albert breer this will allow nicks and colston to control where they go.

So that's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom