Reaction score
I'm bored. Started looking at old drafts. The 2001 one stood out, and I'm almost possible it is the reason that the terrorists attacked us on that fateful September day.

2nd- Quincy Carter QB UGA
2nd- Tony Dixon S Bama
3rd- Willie Blade DT Miss State
4th- Markus Steele LB USC
5th- Matt Lehr G Va Tech
6th- Daleroy Stewart DT Southern Miss
7th- Colston Weatherington DE Central Missouri
7th- Jon Nix DT Southern Miss
7th Cha-ron Dorsey OT Florida State
UDFA- Jamal Brooks LB Hampton
UDFA- Demetric Evans DE Goergia
UDFA- Lynn Scott S Northwestern Oklahoma State

Never forget.

Reaction score
I'm going truther deep here.

Quincy Carter--29 starts, 29 TDS, 31 INTS
Tony Dixon--14 starts, 1 int.
Willie Blade--14 starts, 1 sack.
Markus Steele--12 starts, 1 FF
Matt Lehr--22 starts
Daleroy Stewart--1 start, 1.5 sacks
Colston Weatherington-- 1 CAREER tackle
Jon Nix--2 forced fumbles, no starts
Cha-Ron Dorsey--2 starts

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They could have done better if they'd just thrown darts at the board.

We could have had Shaun Rogers instead of Tony Dixon. Dr. Jerry looked at the x rays on his anke and decided he wouldn't be a good player in the NFL.

Reaction score
I know its no science, but we certainly blew it (as usual) in this one.

As you said, Shaun Rogers, as well as Travis Henry, Derrick Burgess, and Adrian Wilson were all taken within the 10 picks after the Carter/Dixon whammy.

I won't get too deep into what we could have should have had on the other picks, because 2001 was a weak class.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I remember a guy I went to highschool with saying "Dallas blew it" after the first day of the draft when we drafted Quincy and Tony Dixon. He was right. Those two were horrible. The sad part is Woodson still had plenty left in the tank. What is Jerry's obsession with drafting backups in the second round?

Reaction score
If I recall, it was a preview of the 09 draft. Dixon was a "special teams standout". He didn't start much at Bama, and this was the average early 2000's Bama teams. Terrible terrible picks.

Reaction score
I remember the pooping incident ha ha. As for Lehr, don't remember if he was racist or not, but I think he got caught juicing after he left to the Rams.

And a lot of people were on the Jon Nix bandwagon after that one big Monday Night game he had against the Skins. Then he disappeared..

Reaction score
He forced the improbable fumble on Stephen Davis that led to us recovering and Anthony Davis of all people getting us into field goal range.

It was an awesome finish.

Reaction score
2000-2010 Second round draft picks:

2000-Dwayne Goodrich
2001-Quincy Carter & Tony Dixon
2002-Andre Gurode & Antonio Bryant
2003-Al Johnson
2004-Julius Jones & Jacob Rodgers
2005-Kevin Burnett
2006-Anthony Fasano
2007-none
2008-Martellus Bennett
2009-None
2010-Sean Lee

Building championships

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In 10 years we drafted 2 players who weren't busts - Gurode and Sean Lee.

Antonio Bryant showed flashes but he was a headcase - just like when we drafted him

Goodrich was a POS with a poor attitude

Burnett was serviceable but never seemed to want to be here

Bennett was awful; dumb as a box of rocks with the work ethic of a homeless alcoholic and the personality of a dumb ass 10 year old. One of the worst picks we've ever made and will ever make. Terrible.

I don't have to mention Quincy.

Fasano was another fucking 2nd round tight end we didn't use. We ended up trading him for a 4th. Way to go Jerry.

Al Johnson sucked. I'm not sure how much his knee injury affected him.

Julius Jones had to have been blind. I've never seen a running back run into his lineman like he did, but of course that was Parcells' fault.

Last edited:

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Tyson Walter was the racist. I think it was LeCharles Bentley that knocked him out

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas – The punch from his Ohio State teammate left Tyson Walter's face bloodied and broken.

A string of racially charged expletives flowed from Walter's mouth as he cursed LeCharles Bentley, his black teammate, who had just broken Walter's nose, smashed his left eye socket and chipped several teeth in a one-punch attack.

Teammates and coaches say Walter can be insensitive toward teammates who grew up in poor neighborhoods or come from difficult backgrounds.

At the civil trial in Franklin County Common Pleas Court, Walter testified that during games he had referred to black players as "******" four times. Bentley, who is 23 and was raised in inner-city Cleveland, testified that Walter regularly used racial slurs and questioned the intelligence of black players.

After he punched Walter, Bentley testified that Walter said, "You (expletive) ghetto hood, you broke my nose. You (expletive) ******, you broke my nose."

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yup. Some decent role players in there like Burnett, Bennett, Bryant, Fasano, but basically just guys.

Bennett could block, but don't ever throw him the ball.

I loved how it was always the light or Romo not throwing it high enough. Fucking clown.

Reaction score
Bennett could block, but don't ever throw him the ball.

I loved how it was always the light or Romo not throwing it high enough. Fucking clown.

Said part is he has been pretty dependable with the Giants and now Bears.

Top Bottom