Will Jason Garrett head coach in the NFL again?

• Total voters

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Let me make sure I understand you, because I know maybe sometimes I'm fucked up in the head so let me maybe clear the smog in your noggin.

I am sitting here today watching four teams play in conference championship games and none of them are Dallas. For the 24th straight fucking year. And what I see on the field today are teams that never fall in love with a bunch of players, keeping them like pets, way overpaying them while expecting much less demanding, anything from them. Just keeping them around because you like them. In fact I haven't seen a team that does that make a conference championship game since the fucking 80s.

There is NO reason to believe we're going to the NFC Championship game any time soon. Not with this roster. Not with this good ole boy country club culture. Not with this Jones family ownership.

Please tell me where I've strayed. I missed the short bus to Homerville. I'm still stuck in Mediocreville.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
McCarthy is just a different puppet with the same fuckstick holding the strings. Inherits the same loser culture with many of the same loser players. Aging o-line and RB, spotty at best receivers, and a defense that can't get turnovers, can't get off blocks and can't tackle for shit.

A new puppet ain't gonna fix any of that even if he cuts the strings.
For me until it happens there is hope and since Garrett is not the HC thats what I'm rolling with
I can understand your frustration and can see where you are at and would not be surprised if it happens based on what happened with Jimmy when he started to win and get the glory but I think McCarthy will change the culture and get the most out of this roster
I like the coaches he is bringing in and we've all felt that coaching has held these players back...allegedly so lets see what McCarthy can do and I am going to reserve judgment for now...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
For me until it happens there is hope and since Garrett is not the HC thats what I'm rolling with
I can understand your frustration and can see where you are at and would not be surprised if it happens based on what happened with Jimmy when he started to win and get the glory but I think McCarthy will change the culture and get the most out of this roster
I like the coaches he is bringing in and we've all felt that coaching has held these players back...allegedly so lets see what McCarthy can do and I am going to reserve judgment for now...
Jerry is the culture. He can't change Jerry.

We need a roster upgrade. Not gonna hapoen, Jerry loves the players he has. Thinks he has a SB team.

Wake up. Giants WILL be in the NFC title game before we will.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let me make sure I understand you, because I know maybe sometimes I'm fucked up in the head so let me maybe clear the smog in your noggin.

I am sitting here today watching four teams play in conference championship games and none of them are Dallas. For the 24th straight fucking year. And what I see on the field today are teams that never fall in love with a bunch of players, keeping them like pets, way overpaying them while expecting much less demanding, anything from them. Just keeping them around because you like them. In fact I haven't seen a team that does that make a conference championship game since the fucking 80s.

There is NO reason to believe we're going to the NFC Championship game any time soon. Not with this roster. Not with this good ole boy country club culture. Not with this Jones family ownership.

Please tell me where I've strayed. I missed the short bus to Homerville. I'm still stuck in Mediocreville.
I don't think strayed is the word just a matter of perspective sort of like glass half full, glass half empty argument
And don't worry there's always another bus on the way if I can somehow convince you lol
Listen I'm not saying I'm expecting miracles next year but we are getting something different, something fresh and that excites me with a coach who has been there, done that
Everything I've heard is positive (the off year for McCarthy, the coaches etc...) and I think Jerry senses his mortality with this hire (ok this is where I may fucken naive but a man has to hope if this is going to continue to be my team)
We all know the elephant in the room is the Jones family legacy so right there with you on that one
I do believe we have a roster that can make some noise and I want to see what this coaching staff can do with it and I'm hoping he gets us the depth we need moving forward
I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct but I'm ok hanging on to the insanity for a little longer

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jerry is the culture. He can't change Jerry.

We need a roster upgrade. Not gonna hapoen, Jerry loves the players he has. Thinks he has a SB team.

Wake up. Giants WILL be in the NFC title game before we will.
That is true about Jerry and just so we are on the same page my thought has always been that until Jerry dies or becomes so senile he has to relinquish control we are fucked
I do agree depth is needed but again lets see what McCarthy does with this roster in the off season
And still can't agree with the Ginas getting there before us so the bet stands...whats $10 amongst, well not friends since we've never met, but fellow Cowboys fans

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That is true about Jerry and just so we are on the same page my thought has always been that until Jerry dies or becomes so senile he has to relinquish control we are fucked
I do agree depth is needed but again lets see what McCarthy does with this roster in the off season
And still can't agree with the Ginas getting there before us so the bet stands...whats $10 amongst, well not friends since we've never met, but fellow Cowboys fans
Understand... This bet might take 10 years to collect! I'm not seeing either team in the confrence title game any time soon. But I AM seeing the Gnats sooner.

Jerruh dying doesn't matter, his imbecile idiot son takes over.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Understand... This bet might take 10 years to collect! I'm not seeing either team in the confrence title game any time soon. But I AM seeing the Gnats sooner.

Jerruh dying doesn't matter, his imbecile idiot son takes over.
I'll be here as I'm sure you will and Lawd help us if that is the case (about Stephen)...

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not to insert myself into this discussion but...

You actually think that the Giants, who just went 4-12 this season, who now have a rookie HC, and who just hired our former HC Jason Garrett as their OC and who has NEVER in his coaching career made it to the Championship game are going to make it to the Championship game before the Cowboys do?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You actually think that the Giants, who just went 4-12 this season, who now have a rookie HC, and who just hired our former HC Jason Garrett as their OC and who has NEVER in his coaching career made it to the Championship game are going to make it to the Championship game before the Cowboys do?
Correct. And if you think about it, really really think about it, you'll find yourself in agreement. 24 fucking years bub, we stood by while terrible Giants teams were built and went to the NFCCG. And we didn't. Show me anything at all, that changes that trend.

Garrett doesn't matter here. We'll get to see what he can do without Jerry pulling his puppet strings, is all.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They started the season with Eli at QB

who they then benched when he was struggling

Then they started the rookie

Who they then benched when he was struggling

Then they started Eli again

Who said he is not returning next season

Which leaves them with the rookie

Who wasn’t good enough to keep his job and make it as the starter for the Giants

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They started the season with Eli at QB

who they then benched when he was struggling

Then they started the rookie

Who they then benched when he was struggling

Then they started Eli again

Who said he is not returning next season

Which leaves them with the rookie

Who wasn’t good enough to keep his job and make it as the starter for the Giants
The rookie was HURT. Your premise fails.

You actually think we have a NFCCG anywhere in our future? After 24 fucking years of none? While practically the rest of the conference has been? Including the Gnats?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

thus why my avatar ain't changing any time soon

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not to insert myself into this discussion but...

I agree with him but Garrett doesnt have to be hitched to this wagon for him to be right

Here's a prediction for ya, the Jason Garrett OC'd Giants sweep the Cowboys in 2020

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well that would just make that “other” Cowboy msg board implode and self destruct

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well that would just make that “other” Cowboy msg board implode and self destruct
Shit no... They would be saying just what Jerry will say. "See? I KNEW Jason was great. I TOLD y'all!"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure and teams can shit the bed just as quickly and be at the bottom when once on top.
No hate on Witten. The speculative report was that he would want to play and blocking isn't playing.
I thought he would bring that veteran leadership when he came back but honestly felt he held back what the other TE could accomplish especially Jarwin...having said that yes I think his value is if he plays less and mentors more

It felt like Garrett just couldn't/wouldn't get him off the field and use him the way he should be used at his age. I mean, we're talking about a staff that takes it's key players out in key situations in the most important game of the season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I like McCarthy
And the thing is, what's he gonna say exactly, in the interview? He's gonna pump sunshine. Tell Jerruh what a fantastic roster he's built. The hay is in the barn. All that shit. He knows better. He wanted the fucking J-O-B so there's no way he lays it out straight. There will be roster changes but mostly only for economic reasons. And Mike may have some say on who comes in. But it won't be enough to fix 24 years of shit.

The more I think about it after seeing this playoff season, the more I am convinced we need a total rebuild job. Trade Dak and Zeke while they still have mythical value. Trade a couple of the o-linemen and most of the DL. Trade Cooper. Pile up draft picks and let McCarthy build the fucking thing the way HE wants.

We all know that's not gonna happen. This is why we know the NYG gonna be in the NFC title game before we ever are.

Top Bottom