theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
parity enhances the delusions of the jones clan that they are Oh, so close but a monkey could probably have similar or better results

Exactly. And the same delusions typically spill out to many fans as well.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, the Dallas Cowboys still hope Witten suits up this year even though he is thinking of joining the Monday Night Football broadcast team. However, Mortensen pointed out "a source says another network has made a last-minute 'interesting' proposal that is also being considered."

Report: Jason Witten Received Offer from 2nd Network; Cowboys Hopeful He Plays | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

We have a broadcasting sweepstakes for Witten but no player sweepstakes for Dez.

LOL

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You were saying we "lost a lot." I pointed out, not really. Now it's "holes to fill" and you have those every year.

And, 8-8 on average for the last 22 years is the very definition of "treading water."

We didn't lose anything we can't replace with as good or better results.
I hope you're right, but right now I just don't see our record being any better this year than last. Maybe I get more excited after training camp.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
right now I just don't see our record being any better this year than last.
Me either. Because if we're improved, so are at least a dozen others. People get excited after the draft and just ignore the fact that 31 other teams drafted as well.

But there's really no arguing Dez made himself replaceable, and that Hall of famer Witten wasn't the performer he once was. It really was time to move on from both and even losing Hitchens, the three are really no great loss.

Reaction score
Me either. Because if we're improved, so are at least a dozen others. People get excited after the draft and just ignore the fact that 31 other teams drafted as well.

But there's really no arguing Dez made himself replaceable, and that Hall of famer Witten wasn't the performer he once was. It really was time to move on from both and even losing Hitchens, the three are really no great loss.

Yeah, it's not like we are coming off a friggin dynasty or anything. Nobody we have is irreplaceable except maybe for a couple of linemen and Zeke, but I'm starting to really worry about his mental shape.

When the triplets and the last of the 90s crew were looking retirement in the face we knew the dropoff was going to be bad, Campo bad as it turns out. With the previous crew of the last decade? Meh, who cares. A couple of playoff wins and a whole lot of choking are not exactly high bars anyway.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not like we are coming off a friggin dynasty or anything. Nobody we have is irreplaceable except maybe for a couple of linemen and Zeke, but I'm starting to really worry about his mental shape.

When the triplets and the last of the 90s crew were looking retirement in the face we knew the dropoff was going to be bad, Campo bad as it turns out. With the previous crew of the last decade? Meh, who cares. A couple of playoff wins and a whole lot of choking are not exactly high bars anyway.

There is no bar. More like a piece of pipe laying on the ground.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
With Dak behind center, Dez was a waste of money. These speedster guys that can get yards after catch when Dak invaraibly throws it 3 yards will be a must.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With Dak behind center, Dez was a waste of money.
With the way Dez was playing, any QB would be wasting his throws going to him. Other teams knew it, that is why they played man-press coverage on the lame fuck. That's also a big reason he is still unemployed. That and all the dropped balls.

Infobyte for the Dez fans: Dropped balls are only counted when the pass delivery is excellent, defender not a factor, and you just drop the fucking ball.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully Dak’s INT #rs drop drastically now that he won’t have a bunch of balls bouncing off of Dez’s hands and into defenders hands. That and he won’t be pressured to try to force the ball to a crybaby diva who can’t get separation.

It would be nice to see Dak’s INT number drop back into the good to great range like it was in his rookie season

Plus he now has Helen Moore to “coach him up” so we shall see how that goes

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Put it this way, I for see a strong possibility of fanboi beer crying right around Halloween.

Most likely. That is what I am expecting as well so I can't be upset. That is the reality. But the fantasy is still a possibility. Our defense plays really good and our WRs find a way to better take advantage of M2M coverage due to attention on Zeke.

I know I know, it's madness. It would actually take good coaching to achieve this. But I'm a fan and I can still dream. There was the '69 Mets. The miracle on ice. The thrilla in Manila. Heck, beating Minnesota in that '75 Championship game was a miracle. Not because of the hail mary, but that 4th and 17 they converted prior to that. That was a miracle greater than the Immaculate reception if you watched the game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah you're right. We squashed the Rams a week later.

And that game vs. Minnesota really wasn't much of a miracle - they simply had no answers for Roger in the second half. People think mostly of the one play but never remember all the tremendous pass plays that came before the last "miracle" play.

Plus, we'd set them up for that final 50 yarder by raping them with out routes. It was the culmination of a plan, back when we had a actual head coach who knew how to make on the fly, in-game adjustments and set people up.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And that game vs. Minnesota really wasn't much of a miracle - they simply had no answers for Roger in the second half. People think mostly of the one play but never remember all the tremendous pass plays that came before the last "miracle" play.

Plus, we'd set them up for that final 50 yarder by raping them with out routes. It was the culmination of a plan, back when we had a actual head coach who knew how to make on the fly, in-game adjustments and set people up.

You're right. I watched that game again because it was so long ago. But it is amazing what I remembered. Roger was under duress all game. Battered and bruised and did not break. He actually got better later in the game. He did not have more time. That's why I brought up the 4th and 17 deal breaker. A 17 yard out to Drew Pearson if I remember correctly. All game long he did not have the time to throw that kind of pass.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Rayfield Wright was horrible in that game and even worse in SB X a few weeks later.

Top Bottom