SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
9-7 seems like a stretch. Sure, anything is possible in our participation trophy league, but we all know the coaching is not there. I see a little hope in the coaching staff changes. The draft was decent, at least all our picks have both arms and legs, and no felony convictions.
My biggest hope for this year is Garrett really screws the pooch in some way JJ can't ignore.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're right. I watched that game again because it was so long ago. But it is amazing what I remembered. Roger was under duress all game. Battered and bruised and did not break. He actually got better later in the game. He did not have more time. That's why I brought up the 4th and 17 deal breaker. A 17 yard out to Drew Pearson if I remember correctly. All game long he did not have the time to throw that kind of pass.
Rayfield Wright was horrible in that game and even worse in SB X a few weeks later.

The purple people eaters were bad news.

Reaction score
Most likely. That is what I am expecting as well so I can't be upset. That is the reality. But the fantasy is still a possibility. Our defense plays really good and our WRs find a way to better take advantage of M2M coverage due to attention on Zeke.

I know I know, it's madness. It would actually take good coaching to achieve this. But I'm a fan and I can still dream. There was the '69 Mets. The miracle on ice. The thrilla in Manila. Heck, beating Minnesota in that '75 Championship game was a miracle. Not because of the hail mary, but that 4th and 17 they converted prior to that. That was a miracle greater than the Immaculate reception if you watched the game.

The Immaculate Deception you mean. Franco trapped the ball. NFL films even zooms in so you can't see the trap.

No teams have been legendarily screwed over in the playoffs as much as the Raiders and Cowboys.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...a quick story:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
...a quick story:

Other than the fact we really dont know if Dak is the guy, I cant argue with much of this. The only guy defenses fear at this point is Zeke. Not that it will be able to overcome horrible coaching but I am glad they shored up the O Line and got rid of an overpaid distraction.

Top Bottom