Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I get ranking him lower because he doesn’t have as many TD’s

But being the rushing leader in the league should net you no lower than a top ten ranking IMHO

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry Jones On Playoff Urgency: I Don't Have Time To Have A Bad Time | 105.3 The Fan
42e0a2951403e8ad843de7e71d89ccea.jpg

At least he realizes he isn’t going to live forever and if he wants to win another SB that it has to happen sooner rather than later.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And he has enough money to buy the best doctors in the world to take care of him to make sure he pisses away 2 more decades too

So does every filthy rich person who's ever croaked. When it's your time it's your time and no amount of money, doctors, pills, potions, procedures or anything else matters.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So does every filthy rich person who's ever croaked. When it's your time it's your time and no amount of money, doctors, pills, potions, procedures or anything else matters.

Yes and no

Magic Johnson- filthy rich, diagnosed with AIDS in 1991, could afford the best health care available (which included meds that were out of reach of most people’s budgets and that weren’t covered by insurance) and is still alive and thriving

Most non filthy rich ppl diagnosed with AIDS in 1991 are dead! I know this because I worked in the funeral industry during the AIDS epidemic in Los Angeles/Hollywood at its peak and would pick up dead AIDS patients daily who couldn’t afford the meds while I watched those that could afford them survive

Money can’t buy you everything, but it can (most certainly) buy you better healthcare!

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

:lol

Time for the usual suspects to play the "disrespect" card

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No one is picking us to win. LOL

The Garrett effect is in full swing I see

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yes and no

Magic Johnson- filthy rich,
It wasn't his time. Period. And he doesn't have AIDS and never has. He tests positive for HiV, as millions of others do. It CAN cause AIDS but doesn't always do so, even if not treated. Which is the case most of the time. In fact, most people live with HiV and never know they have it. It can lay dormant for your entire life, or it can cause AIDS out of nowhere at any time. There's no evidence at all that his money or his treatments whatever they are, have kept him from developing AIDS. When he does, he WILL die from it. It will be when it is his time. Orrrr it could be from a shooting, accident, old age. Whatever. Just like you, me or anyone else.

Cool story tho bro. Too bad it's entirely based on an essential falsehood.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It wasn't his time. Period. And he doesn't have AIDS and never has. He tests positive for HiV, as millions of others do. It CAN cause AIDS but doesn't always do so, even if not treated. Which is the case most of the time. In fact, most people live with HiV and never know they have it. It can lay dormant for your entire life, or it can cause AIDS out of nowhere at any time. There's no evidence at all that his money or his treatments whatever they are, have kept him from developing AIDS. When he does, he WILL die from it. It will be when it is his time. Orrrr it could be from a shooting, accident, old age. Whatever. Just like you, me or anyone else.

Cool story tho bro. Too bad it's entirely based on an essential falsehood.

According to a Newsweek story from last spring, one of Johnson's doctors who helped pioneer the treatment placed him on the then-experimental drug cocktail in 1994, about a year and a half before it came into widespread use in 1996. [Top 10 Stigmatized Health Disorders]

"Magic got a jumpstart on experimental drugs before they were released to the general public,"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
According to a Newsweek story from last spring, one of Johnson's doctors who helped pioneer the treatment placed him on the then-experimental drug cocktail in 1994, about a year and a half before it came into widespread use in 1996. [Top 10 Stigmatized Health Disorders]

"Magic got a jumpstart on experimental drugs before they were released to the general public,"

He never had AIDS. And there is no evidence whatsoever that his money or his treatment keeps his HiV from developing into AIDS. Orrrrr from dying any other way.

He is on antiretroviral treatment, in HOPES of keeping his serum levels down. Doesn't work in many cases and there is still much debate about it in the scientific community. But...

He never had AIDS. He will go when it's his time, just like you me and Jerry.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
By way of illustration of this apparently difficult to comprehend truth.

1000s of hookers in Nevada are HIV positive. They're not sick, they just have the virus. They continue to work illegally, walking the streets, purveyors of death. But guess what? They get NO treatment and are somehow not dead. Know why?

Because it's not their time.

That's true of millions of other HiV infected people. Most get no treatment, yet somehow go on living, the virus dormant. Until it ain't. Just like magic Johnson.

You can't cheat death, or buy your way around it, or treat your way around it. When it's your time it's your time and no amount of money, doctors, pills, potions, procedures or anything else matters.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Carroll has never lost an opening round playoff game
UTlq0zR.gif

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
By way of illustration of this apparently difficult to comprehend truth.

1000s of hookers in Nevada are HIV positive. They're not sick, they just have the virus. They continue to work illegally, walking the streets, purveyors of death. But guess what? They get NO treatment and are somehow not dead. Know why?

Because it's not their time.

That's true of millions of other HiV infected people. Most get no treatment, yet somehow go on living, the virus dormant. Until it ain't. Just like magic Johnson.

You can't cheat death, or buy your way around it, or treat your way around it. When it's your time it's your time and no amount of money, doctors, pills, potions, procedures or anything else matters.

I've watched all the Final Destination films. Dooms is right. You can't cheat death.

Top Bottom