yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There can only be one HC and MM couldn't control either Quinn or Parsons.

lol, come on man, you know who's at fault for this

all Dallas Cowboy coaches are rendered feckless & neutered by their boss

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This reflects all on Jerry Jones, he should be announcing his own firing today

nah, he'll just break out the old mirror

X6Ne8J9.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Didnt catch his name, but this NFL show on radio I am listening the guy said "Green Bay copied Kyle Shanahan's game plan offensively and Buffalo's game plan defensively"

Yep.

On the Doomsday podcast they were talking about how we play awful vs anyone from the Shanahan coaching tree and gave examples of our bad games against Shanahan and his spawn.

I never put that together before until they pointed it out.

It seems like Shanahan’s scheme is a perfect fit to nullify DQ’s scheme

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think he is wrong.

How could anyone argue any different at this point?

3 straight 12-5 seasons with 3 straight early and embarrassing playoff performances.

There is no other way to look at it.

Unless you are Jerry of course.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On the Doomsday podcast they were talking about how we play awful vs anyone from the Shanahan coaching tree and gave examples of our bad games against Shanahan and his spawn.

I never put that together before until they pointed it out.

It seems like Shanahan’s scheme is a perfect fit to nullify DQ’s scheme
I didnt think about it during the game (GB offensive standpoint) but now looking at some of their plays and what the Niners did, it's pretty obvious.

Some of them look like the same intermediate area route tree and misdirection type designs.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tell it to your stubborn dumbass owner

and to rub a little more salt in the wound, two of their bitter rivals have kicked sand in their face repeatedly in the playoffs, its staggeringly pathetic how consistently they choke

thats 3 losses in a row to Green Bay and 2 to San Francisco, thankfully jeri has killed my fandom to the point where I'm dead inside but this would have crushed me when I was under 35

View attachment 12755

Every single player should be forced to watch this Michael Irvin video during their final meeting with the team today at 12pm!

Every damn one of them!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Its damn sad, but previous/coaches that are in the 50's, 60's or even 70's show more passion about being a Cowboy than the players here now.

The body language that we see from some of these current players is just reprehensible. Makes me ashamed to be a fan of them.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Every single player should be forced to watch this Michael Irvin video during their final meeting with the team today at 12pm!

Every damn one of them!
Wouldn't make a difference, its an organizational culture problem that infects every player who comes here and the ownership likes it so nothing will ever change

the only hope is if jeri & spawn lost the team somehow and an entirely new ownership took over committing to getting rid of the entitled atmosphere and even then its not easy because of free agency and the salary cap plus every team still gets up for the Cowboys adding a hurdle most other teams never have to contend with

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its damn sad, but previous/coaches that are in the 50's, 60's or even 70's show more passion about being a Cowboy than the players here now.

The body language that we see from some of these current players is just reprehensible. Makes me ashamed to be a fan of them.

The video I posted earlier in the thread goes straight to that point

CeeDee gets shoved from behind at the top of his route and is pushed forward a few feet.

He doesn’t even look back, he doesn’t turn around and shove the guy back, or get in his face, he doesn’t even turn and say anything to the Packer defender. He just bows his head, takes the full on disrespect and walks back towards the huddle.

Fucking disgusting! CeeDee just accepts it, takes it, and pretends like it didn’t happen.

Do you think any other 88 would have reacted the same way?

Fuck no!

Have some self respect!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Inept, stubborn defensive coordinator.

And I still want to know whats behind the Mazi Smith weight loss (30+ lbs since training if reports are correct)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Will repeat the above, Quinn should be the first person removed from the building.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jerry wouldn't let Campbell have full reins either. Nor would Campbell or even Belichick stop Dak from making idiotic plays/picks in every playoff!

MM took this squad to three consecutive 12 season wins w/2 division titles. He's not on the field dropping passes, tossing picks, committing crucial penalties & running a soft defense. If MM gets the boot, he'll be picked up right away. Quinn's the one that needs to go. Good thing Garrett isn't still here or we'd be complaining about another 8 win season lol.

View attachment 12754

It's a 17 game season, so let's compare it to being an 11 win season.

Garrett's 8 win seasons came when the OL was being rebuilt. McCarthy would not have won 12 games with Phil Costa and Ryan Young (who was an OT at Miami) at center. Nate Livings, Gary Bernadeau. Montrae Holland, Kyle Kosier, Doug Free etc.

Garrett's three 8 and 8 seasons happened 3 years in a row. In EACH of them, Dallas came ONE GAME away from winning the division and making the playoffs.

In each of those 3 years it came down to the last game of the season. Another win at the end and they would have been in the playoffs.

How much different is that from being in the wild card game and LOSING? To me, it's not that much different.

Garrett/McClay etc handed McCarthy a good foundation. The OL did not need to be rebuilt from scratch. The DL also had a cornerstone in D-Law, but the defense had more turnover and needed more work than the offense.

The game is still won and lost in the trenches and McCarthy wasn't dealt a terrible hand in those areas.

Why does keeping 12 wins in the context of a 17 game season matter?

Well, Garrett won the division (after rebuilding the OL into the best in the NFL) 3 times.

The Cowboys records were:
  • In 2014, they had a 12-4 record.
  • In 2016, their record was 13-3.
  • In 2018, they achieved a 10-6 record (a 10 win season is pretty close to 11 wins)
But you'll say that is not 3 in a row. Okay, it's not 3 years in a row, but my point is that given the talent that McCarthy inherited. Dak was already developed etc etc, having 3 12 win seasons is not some sort of miraculous result, especially if we consider that it is a 17 game schedule.

And in 2014 and 2018 at least Garrett WON the wild card game!

I want Belichick! We missed out on Sean Payton. We can't miss out on Belichick. The man did not forget how to coach and the game has not passed him by. They had Jerod Mayo contractually signed to take over for Belichick. The Pats just made the decision that now is the time.

For Mayo to already be designated as the next coach under contract means the Pats basically just followed their plan. Belichick wanted a change of scenery, some new walls, some newness and Kraft wasn't going to stand in his way.

It's basically the same thing Kraft did with Brady who I believe could still play and still be a top 10 QB, if not top 5.

Top Bottom