dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't read the article closely because I got angry, but I think it says Dak will count 60 million against the cap and he has a no trade and no tag clause, so he has all the leverage unless we want to pay him 60 million.

He would need to agree to a trade. Maybe if we threaten to make him a backup he might agree to it.
They can cut him and designate him a post June 1 cut.

I doubt they do it, but it might come down to what a new potential HC thinks, esp if that coach has a lot of clout.

That said, supposedly Belichick likes Prescott.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Quinn is rightfully being eviscerated over the dumbshit defensive game plan. Playing some of the softest coverages they have all yr and numbers showing the Packers carving up zone defenses much more easily than man.

WTF was this clod thinking? Or had he completely checked out already?
Not having LVE was a big loss. We can't stop the run with LBs the size of Bell. Jeremiah Trotter Jr in the draft?

And Micah is too small to hold up as a DE for 21 games. He needs to play LB.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They can cut him and designate him a post June 1 cut.

I doubt they do it, but it might come down to what a new potential HC thinks, esp if that coach has a lot of clout.

That said, supposedly Belichick likes Prescott.
Ah, good, I didn't think of that option. I'm sure Belichick has said publicly that he likes Dak. Everyone says nice things publicly.

I looked it up on Spotrac. Here's what they say the numbers are.

2024 Dead Cap: $25,455,000
2025 Dead Cap: $36,460,000
2024 Cap Savings: $34,000,000

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Place seemed pretty electric before kickoff and was pretty loud on the first few plays. Then the Cowboy defense kept shitting the bed.

Defense gave this crowd absolutely nothing to get excited about.
See, to me, that's the problem. I grew up in Rochester and lived in Buffalo. Buffalo fans are totally different. They see themselves as part of the team. Unless things are really bad, like we're the worst team in the NFL bad, the fans in Buffalo participate in the game.

They don't wait around for something to cheer about.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
I love Dan Campbell's style. I loved his introductory speech when he said he would build a team that takes knee.

He's bold. He leads. He has confidence in his players to make the play.
Jerry wouldn't let Campbell have full reins either. Nor would Campbell or even Belichick stop Dak from making idiotic plays/picks in every playoff!

MM took this squad to three consecutive 12 season wins w/2 division titles. He's not on the field dropping passes, tossing picks, committing crucial penalties & running a soft defense. If MM gets the boot, he'll be picked up right away. Quinn's the one that needs to go. Good thing Garrett isn't still here or we'd be complaining about another 8 win season lol.
20240115_042345.jpg

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A lawyer on Fox just said that the Trump election fraud case -in Georgia is blowing up, pretty much like the Dallas Cowboy's. It's official, the Cowboy's have become a national laughing stock!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CeeDee just took this shit. Didn’t even look back, didn’t get pissed, didn’t fight back.

This type of weakness is exactly why we lost yesterday

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
We will NEVER reach a Super Bowl with Dak Prescott at QB. He has reached his ceiling. He literally had a deer in the headlights look during the game. He just does not have the “it factor” that all great QB’s possess. No ability to rise to the occasion. Nice guy and a pretty good QB but not great. Because we are stuck with his contract we will have to really strengthen our defense. Dan Quinn has done an OK job but our front seven are undisciplined and undersized. They do not do a good job of keeping their run fits. This must be addressed in the draft and FA. We missed earlier by not trading for Derrick Henry. I think he could have helped us. We will need bigger stronger running backs. Probably the most important problem facing us is a poisoned culture in Dallas. We need a coach who can absolutely grab the reins and put his stamp on this organization like a Jimmy Johnson. Unfortunately JJ won’t have this and there lies the real problem. I like Mike McCarthy but I think he has reached his ceiling as well. He did not have our team ready to play last night. This would have never happened with a Jimmy Johnson type of coach. MM was out-coached and out schemed and not prepared against Matt LaFleur. In closing I do believe MM will be fired soon. Probably in the next day or two. I believe JJ will either hire Belichick who I do not want, or maybe Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh would actually be a good pick up in my opinion. Proven winner and innovative for todays game. Stay tuned because things are going to get interesting in the next few days.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

That play sums up the suckness of the Cowboys all by itself.

Nobody fell down. The offense didnt do anything illegal. But there legitimately was an NFL play where some guy got open way downfield and on a defense with 11 guys out there, nobody was within 25-30 yards

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2119eea6bcd9a29eb949983a1de3bbbb.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At this point the lions are more likely to win their first ever Super Bowl before we win another one. Hell before we even see the NFCC Game.

How fucking crazy is that to even say?

Sad but true! And I really hope they do.

I’m rooting for the Lions for the rest of the post season.

I’d love to see the Lions go into San Fran and manhandle them.

Ravens v Lions would make for an interesting SB.

Top Bottom